Talk

Advanced search

Anybody 3DPO..?

(738 Posts)
Lolastanley Tue 12-Nov-19 20:43:52

Anybody 3DPO that wants to ride the TWW together?

Lilice Sat 07-Dec-19 13:56:31

I think within the week I should know. It's to check progesterone levels, which peak in the middle of the luteal phase. If you have a textbook 28 day cycle and ovulate on day 14 then the peak will happen on day 21. Its 7 dpo and 7 days before af. They certainly wont see a peak in my case as I think I ovulated yesterday or today ! My gp said to go 7 days before af. That would be Monday for me, ill go on tuesday instead but it will still be only a few dpo for me so I dont expect the results to come back normal.

Lilice Sat 07-Dec-19 13:58:07

I think implentation can happen from 6 dpo so could be possible

Quiffy Sat 07-Dec-19 15:01:56

@Lolastanley think it can happen from 6-7 days so defo possible!!

@Lilice hopefully the tests will tell you something ❤️

Lolastanley Sat 07-Dec-19 16:22:01

@Lilice and @Quiffy that’s true. I just put it down to trauma, possibly during sex? Never had it before but wasn’t sure lol

Yeah it will be good to get some clarity and you can move forward with the results

Lolastanley Mon 09-Dec-19 11:49:50

Because I have no idea when I ovulated as tests are still negative, I caved and did a pregnancy test today, stupidly after 3 morning pees and 4 cups of coffee (not sure what I was hoping for really) and got an expected BFN

Quiffy Mon 09-Dec-19 11:55:39

@lolastanely aw no sad BFN is horrible to see but like you say it was after a lot of pee trips so could easily be false neg or even too soon.

Lolastanley Mon 09-Dec-19 19:00:31

@quiffy Yeah, I’ll try again in a few days but not holding out much hope this month.

Anybody else testing soon?

lostfrequencies Mon 09-Dec-19 20:09:37

Hi again Lola, I joined at the beginning of the thread for the last cycle and here we are again! My AF is due next Wednesday, going to try and hold out til Sunday. But who am I kidding no doubt I'll torture myself again!

Lilice Mon 09-Dec-19 20:23:40

Sorry about the bfn @Lolastanley maybe it's too soon or too diluted. Are you having any symptoms?
I usually have a sore breast right after ovulation but second cycle in a row now I'm not getting any pain 😳 last cycle it only started before af so im expecting the same this month. Don't know what to make of it lol, it's another mystery.
My af is due next Tuesday so I might test next monday. Wont test before that. My 2ww is more like a 1ww 😂😂😂

Quiffy Mon 09-Dec-19 20:33:57

I’m out again, af early again! Looks like I have a short luteal phase so ordering some supplements to help. Bring on 2020!

Sammyclaire22 Tue 10-Dec-19 08:21:28

Sorry to hear that @quiffy.... have you spoken to the gp or anyone yet?

I'm totally lost with this cycle, my temp chart looks awful and femometer says my lh is still testing high over a week on from when I had my peak. I knew this month wasn't likely (I've worked out on left ovulation months I've got about a 5% chance of conceiving) but was hoping for normal data at least to get a baseline. Instead I now feel like my cycle is messed up ontop of everything else. Not even crossed my mind about poas... so that's one small benefit!

Quiffy Tue 10-Dec-19 09:32:11

@Sammyclaire22 Not been to GP, but as Im 30 and this will only be our 5th cycle they'll say to wait a few months to see if pill is affecting still.

Did you see an ovulation dip on your temp chart, or will it not dip because it's a left month?

Sammyclaire22 Tue 10-Dec-19 10:54:11

Ah yes we were the same first time round too. Not helpful when you want to rule out problems!
I saw a dip then it peaked, and was elevated but then it's pretty much dived again after that. My sleep hadn't been amazing (lo is ill) so that might affect it, but i wouldn't have thought this much sad
I think I actually ovulated on the 3rd but femometer has changed it to later on now.

Lolastanley Tue 10-Dec-19 10:58:45

Aw sorry to hear about that @Quiffy, what vitamins are you thinking of taking?

Not really @Lilice I mean I’ve had a horrendous headache for the past two mornings and this morning I’ve been sick. I blame a bit of gin last night rather than symptoms because surely if they were pregnancy symptoms then I’d have enough hcg in my urine?

Quiffy Tue 10-Dec-19 12:12:57

@Sammyclaire22 Looking at chart it looks more like the 3rd. I think you'll need a few months of charts to see what's normal for you. Mine went down at OV went back up over a few days then started gradually falling again.

@Lolastanley I got some Angus castus, Evening Primrose Oil (both of which I think you should take up to OV then stop) and some pre-seed as it was on offer and I might as well throw everything at my body this month aha.

Lilice Tue 10-Dec-19 12:44:47

@Sammyclaire22 ive read lasting high lh can be a good sign.
@Lolastanley yeah I know its hard to tell
@quiffy how long was your luteal phase? I tried anus castus last cycle but stopped half way through as my skin was breaking out and it freaked me out! Now my skin is back to normal thank god! I guess it really does something, but i got scared it would mess me up even more lol. Ive got some primrose too but havent used it yet. Will try next cycle. Is it until ovulation only? I have some b complex too that I need to start using. In fact this month I didnt take anything at all to see if it would make a difference lol.

So I had my blood test done this morning, results on thursday eeeeeeeeeek!!!!!

Lilice Tue 10-Dec-19 12:45:29

😂😂😂 not anus but agnus stupid autocorrecter

Quiffy Tue 10-Dec-19 13:23:42

@lilice Nearly chocked when I read anus oil hehehehehe. I've been spotty ever since I stopped using the pill - hopefully goes the other way haha. I cant remember why now, but for AC they said until OV for sure and primrose oil the same. But for the primrose a lot of people said it's okay to use throughout - I think there's just not enough research.

This cycle AF came 12dpo and last cycle before that 7dpo. So, my femometer app flagged that luteal phase is too short and research said AC and EPO might help. Ive just been taking Pregnacare Conception so far. Also read that orange juice and brazil nuts could be helpful. Oh the things we do...

Lolastanley Tue 10-Dec-19 14:18:13

Ha ha that’s brilliant, don’t think the anus oil would help anybody conceive.

Yeah it is. Especially when I have no idea when I ovulated? Do you guys normally get cramps before, during or after ovulation?

@quiffy that all sounds like good stuff! If you went to your GP do you have to be honest about the 5th cycle? Can’t you say it’s longer, how can they check?

Quiffy Tue 10-Dec-19 15:49:50

@Lolastanley That's true, I could say longer. Esp as I bought pill online to avoid going to docs. I'll probably give it until end of Jan as the next few weeks are so hectic.

I don't usually get ovulation pain (that I've noticed yet), I just go with BBT and opks. Going to look out for ewcm this month though.

Lolastanley Tue 10-Dec-19 16:17:08

Yeah it’s worth it purely because if you need tests and everything you’ll have to wait so better to get the ball rolling sooner. I had no idea you could buy the pill online!

Yeah I normally go for EWCM this month I barely saw any. I’m going to get a thermometer next.

Quiffy Tue 10-Dec-19 16:24:58

Yeah you can get it on Superdrug pharmacy, so much easier than trying to get an appointment. I know all the tricks to avoid leaving the house 😹

I just got a cheap one off amazon, been really useful so far!

Lilice Tue 10-Dec-19 21:22:52

I get mild cramps but it could very well all be in my head! If i wasnt doing opk i probably wouldn't feel anything. @Quiffy i did add a couple of months when I went to the gp to get the ball rolling sooner. But im over 35 so i only have to have been trying for 6 months. Anyway I really hope for you that you wont need to go to the gp at all and that will get your postive soon!

Sammyclaire22 Wed 11-Dec-19 15:43:12

I've not heard about EPO for conception but I used it to help bring labour on! I'd heard it's good for pms too so no harm in giving it a go.
I do tend to get some ovulation pain, usually one sided twinges for a few hours. I'm only fairly certain what it is though as it ties in with CM and all the other bits!
Having cramps today (8dpo) but think AF will be arriving early this month, feeling proper pms-y

Quiffy Wed 11-Dec-19 18:19:19

I think EPO was the one that helped you produce more ewcm to help the little swimmers. I haven’t investigated cm that much at OV before but I’ve never noticed it so thought it might help. Will see what happens!

When is AF due @Sammyclaire22? Fingers crossed!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »