Talk

Advanced search

TTC First Baby Thread 23

(639 Posts)
ValidUser Tue 12-Nov-19 19:17:02

@SunnyFlover @Kiza @lozzlepop @MIW01 @Anny27

orangeloo Wed 13-Nov-19 14:53:04

@Mona87 hopefully it won't take you too long. Anyone who's been ttc a while will agree that it just seems crazy that this happens to ppl by accident haha. Welcome to the rollercoaster. X

Anny27 Wed 13-Nov-19 15:28:28

Nothing's more frustrating than those women who delight in "my husband just looks at me and i am pregnant haha" 🤣🤣🤣 @orangeloo

whatsthecraic91 Wed 13-Nov-19 15:45:14

@Lozzlepop I usually get 2/3 days of flashing smiley before static so this is early for me!!

@Anny27 my cycles are usually 28-30 anyway but I ovulate CD17/18 and always worried my LP was too short so hopefully this cycle is different!! Ooo yes I think I might order some preseed for next cycle if unsuccessful- the times where you need to do it and aren’t in the mood are so frustrating!!

@Anny27 @orangeloo the people who get pregnant on a one night stand and by accident really anger me 😂 I’m so bitter 😂

MIW01 Wed 13-Nov-19 17:34:55

Hello @Mona87 I thought the same thing as my family are all fertility factories (see Thread 22)! And it was a real shock to discover it takes the average couple 6 months and sometimes up to a year to get pregnant! (We've been TTC 6 months now) and then we discovered we both have fertility issues! I had no idea TTC could be so challenging. I'm now on CD2 and last mo the we DTD every other day from day 8 and still BFN and AF arriving!

Kiza Wed 13-Nov-19 18:04:35

@ValidUser oh I see, wow you've definitely been through a tough journey already, really hope your BFP is soon 🤞🏼
@Lozzlepop did they explain to you what happens in the first appointment? Just read our letter again and it says it's only a 20 minute appointment so assuming they take all our history and then book in for more tests if need be?

@Anny27 how are you feeling today? The loss is so hard, do whatever you need to to get through this time

Had a busy day at work and met a Friend after work discussing prenatal trauma and somatic trauma... helped take my mind of testing for sure!

Anny27 Wed 13-Nov-19 20:21:56

Yes!! @whatsthecraic91 its hard not to get bitter but our time will come!

@Kiza feeling okay thank you, still a bit crampy. In terms of emotional side i cried ALOT last week but still just keep thinking i cant believe its happened to me. Would have been my 12 week scan in a few days so feeling a little emotional but thats expected!

Are you having anymore symptoms??

Kiza Wed 13-Nov-19 21:18:06

@Anny27 it seems so unfair at times, especially when we are doing everything in our power to try and make it happen for us. It's really hard not to get despondent sometimes. I went through a really dark period for a couple of months back in summer and had some therapy to help me through as felt that people around me just didn't seem to understand in the way I needed them to.
Sending lots of love and healing your way.

No more symptoms, still lots of milky white discharge and soft cervix in a medium position... may test on Friday morning 🤞🏼

orangeloo Wed 13-Nov-19 22:57:21

@Anny27 @whatsthecraic91 😂 totally with you both! I'm glad we all have each other for the bitter and frustrated times.

Had my second acupuncture tonight I do find it relaxing. hoping more good things to come from it - mainly a BFP of course!

ValidUser Thu 14-Nov-19 07:20:11

@whatsthecraic91 aspirin all the time. My probable clotting disorder puts me at risk of stroke. My gynaecologist says it can possibly thin the endometrium if not needed.

I'm 9dpo. Squint with me!

whatsthecraic91 Thu 14-Nov-19 09:17:49

@ValidUser I saved your photo and played about with the contrast and there may be something there!! But I have really bad line eyes! Fingers crossed 🤞🏼

Lottiepink Thu 14-Nov-19 09:38:02

Morning everyone,

Been mega busy at work so hard to keep up 🤣

@Lozzlepop done the SA, total nightmare, I tried to help him out, but getting the cup in position etc was a nightmare, he got a bit of stage fright (never been known before) so he had to do it himself, we were at home then I took it and got it there with 20 mins to spare before the hour was up 😅 kept it warm in my bra 🤦🏻‍♀️😂 all fun and games.

@Anny27 take care of yourself, sending my thoughts your way!

@ValidUser hmm I can maybe just maybe see a glimmer of something.. fingers crossed for you ☺️

Kiza Thu 14-Nov-19 09:42:58

Sorry @ValidUser can't see anything on my phone, when's AF due for you? 🤞🏼

@Lottiepink wow sounds like an experience to share in the future after your BFP turns into a fully fledged adult!
Glad you're enjoying the Accupuncture @orangeloo have you noticed any difference in your cycles/symptoms since doing it?

orangeloo Thu 14-Nov-19 09:51:37

@Lottiepink hope your SA comes back okay.

@Kiza I think it's too early to tell. I find it relaxing but I'm mainly hoping it can bring my Ov forward a little and reduce spotting as that is my main concern. Fingers crossed. Was it you who said it reduced your spotting?

timswifey Thu 14-Nov-19 09:52:37

Hi @ValidUser I'm struggling to see anything sorry 😞 hopefully it's just too early at this point? When are you going to test again?

ValidUser Thu 14-Nov-19 10:35:48

@timswifey and @Kiza I'm known for testing way too early! Will keep doing the same. 😂

Kiza Thu 14-Nov-19 11:06:53

@orangeloo yeah it made my cycles regular and shortened spotting also.
Im going to go back in the new year (if not pregnant!)
@ValidUser like me testing Friday last week! 🤦🏼‍♀️

Mona87 Thu 14-Nov-19 11:25:53

@MIW01 sorry about your fertility issues , hopefully it'll happen for you very soon. My sister is currently pregnant with her fourth 'accident' 😕 x

whatsthecraic91 Thu 14-Nov-19 11:45:43

@orangeloo I’m quite interested in trying acupuncture, how much does a session cost? Do you go every week/month? Also does it hurt? 😂

orangeloo Thu 14-Nov-19 12:15:29

Fix for you both @ValidUser and @Kiza

@whatsthecraic91 I said to her I can afford two sessions a month £45 a session- my first session was £60 so she said she would like to treat me pre ovulation so effectively two weeks on and two off is what I will be doing but they can differ it on your needs and their recommendations. Some hurt going in for a second but other than that no. If you are someone who is scared of needles don't go haha.

Lozzlepop Thu 14-Nov-19 17:24:35

@whatsthecraic91 that’s good, fingers crossed for early OV 🤞🏻

@Anny27 hope you are doing well, glad to hear DP is around for support it’s so important to have that right now ☺️ Also it’s fine to cry- we cried a lot, I’ve cried more this year than the rest of my life combined 😂 but it’s better to let the emotions out and you will never forget this little bean- we bought a rose bush as a little way to remember and I smile whenever it blooms.
I take the whole accidentally getting pregnant with a pinch of salt now- I think people like to portray that everything happens super quick or by accident but in actual fact they were trying!

@Mona87 welcome 👋🏻 How are you finding TTC?

@Kiza she said the appointment would take about an hour, we would chat through our miscarriage history with a consultant and then she her (fertility nurse) and I would get some bloods taken but nothing for DP at this stage.

@orangeloo are you enjoying the acupuncture? Have they said how many sessions you need in order to “see any results” or is it more like ongoing and shifting a focus in your life?

@ValidUser I think I may see something so I have everything crossed for you! Was your blood clotting issue discovered from a blood test?

@Lottiepink that’s a brilliant story 🤣🤣 just imagining you driving along the road with a cup of spunk in your bra- you’ve made my day!!

What’s everyone’s weekend plans? I still have his rotten cold but out shopping and for lunch with my mum and hopefully looking at paint samples on Sunday 🙂 DP is out tonight but said he won’t be home late so we’ll see 😂😂 hope everyone had a great Thursday- we are so close to the weekend!!!

orangeloo Thu 14-Nov-19 18:25:52

@Lozzlepop I am enjoying it. She hasn't said how many I'll need, I'm happy to give it a good go, I think about four months. Then if I don't see any changes physically in my cycle I think I will stop as it isn't cheap and there are much less expensive ways for me to relax. But at least I will have tried it and it's one thing to tick off the ttc list.

Sound like you have a nice weekend planned. I have a baby shower 'rolls eyes' I don't feel too bad about it at mo as I think this girl was trying for quite a while too. Enjoy the place to your self tonight!

Lottiepink Thu 14-Nov-19 18:28:31

@Kiza absolutely, was thinking the same when I was driving along with it in there 🤣🤣

@orangeloo thank you, how are you getting along?

@Lozzlepop pleased to have made you smile, we had a right laugh about it too, I just kept thinking I'm sat in traffic and the person next to me has no idea what I'm going through right now haha! Hope you feel better soon! Ohh paint samples, you planning on doing it before Xmas?

Anyone know how long the SA will actually take, they said at the lab 10-14 days, but I assumed the lab have to check it immediately?
DH is nervous about it, he thinks it's going to come back abnormal, I think he will be in the clear but I'm desperate to know now and hate waiting 😕

Kiza Thu 14-Nov-19 18:58:33

@Lottiepink think my DP got his results back in 10 days. He got them via phone due to abnormal results. The dude has been eating a tablespoon of tomato purée daily for over a month to try and increase his amount of 'normally formed' sperm.
I'm impressed by his dedication! 😄

whatsthecraic91 Thu 14-Nov-19 19:32:08

@orangeloo thanks for the info, I contacted a lady on Facebook who does it in my area and she asked me a few questions about myself and then she told me I have to keep my feet warm at all times confused she said cold feet means cold uterus! And gave me a range of different vitamins to try as pregnacare & seven seas are a con apparently! So I’m gonna take her advice and see if it helps then if not I’ll make an appointment with her in January!

@Lottiepink keeping it on your bra 😂 that’s actually a brilliant idea 😂

@ValidUser when are you going to test again?

@Kiza how are you? Are you testing tomorrow?

Lottiepink Thu 14-Nov-19 20:03:49

@Kiza wonder why it takes them so flipping long 😂😂 what was wrong with them, if you don't mind me asking? Was it just the shape? That is dedication bless him 🙂

@whatsthecraic91 wow really, how good of her to give so much advice instead of just booking you in and taking your money, that obviously means she is a genuine person! Haha I was rather pleased with myself for my quick thinking on a frosty November morning 😂😂

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »