(746 Posts)
ValidUser Tue 12-Nov-19 19:17:02

@SunnyFlover @Kiza @lozzlepop @MIW01 @Anny27

ValidUser Tue 12-Nov-19 19:18:01

@whatsthecraic91

ValidUser Tue 12-Nov-19 19:20:30

@orangeloo @HelloPurple

orangeloo Tue 12-Nov-19 19:33:57

Totally agree @MIW01 you're supposed to be happy but baby shower is Saturday and I'm already dreading questions and can't wait to leave haha. Fx you get a BFP soon and without the need for any intervention but even if you don't it's great your gp is being proactive and hopefully you won't have too king to wait.

Thanks for new thread @ValidUser how are you getting on?

ValidUser Tue 12-Nov-19 19:36:17

@orangeloo I'm good. Think my trigger is gone and convincing myself I see something on a FRER, but reality is I'm 7dpo and there might be a bit of trigger knocking around!

Hoping aspirin will improve my chances. Pregnancy seeming like a distant dream at the moment! How are you today?

orangeloo Tue 12-Nov-19 20:10:06

@ValidUser Not had the best day. ttc is consuming me more than ever atm. I'm currently addicted to researching anything and everything conception related. Think I'm going to try and ease off a lot next month and for Xmas (still ttc) but I think I need to give my mind even a little rest.

I totally understand what you mean about distant dream I feel the same a lot of the time. but at the same time you need to remember that you have made steps and are progressing in the right direction. Hopefully aspirin will help and you will be on your way soon.

Lozzlepop Tue 12-Nov-19 20:17:54

@SunnyFlover so sorry to hear this,
Did you hear back from the doctor regarding your test results?

@Kiza yeah I would deffo hold off until nearer the weekend if you can!

@whatsthecraic91 hahaha that’s a very good point, DP thinks they won’t find anything at our appointment which is my biggest fear but think we just need to get on with things and then worry about the outcome!

@MIW01 I’m so sorry to hear that AF has arrived and that she’s being a bitch! The nutritional therapy sounds really interesting!

@ValidUser thanks for starting the new thread!

So I called the hospital today and we finally have a provisional appointment date 🙂 I’m so pleased that we seem to finally be getting somewhere! Just need it to come through the post now!!

Kiza Tue 12-Nov-19 20:57:30

Thanks for the new thread @ValidUser how does Asprin help?
Sounds like you've got a lovely GP supporting you both @MIW01 hopefully the referral to get things moving will be swift.
How far away is your date @Lozzlepop? Is it this side of Christmas?

ValidUser Tue 12-Nov-19 21:08:36

@Kiza it looks like a clotting disorder is keeping me un-pregnant. Aspirin will thin my blood and allow implantation to happen, supposedly.

@SunnyFlover thinking of you. X

ValidUser Tue 12-Nov-19 21:09:55

Just thinking, it's just over a year since my hsg. Surgery, hormones, three chemical pregnancies and a clotting disorder later, I hope I'm getting closer!

MIW01 Tue 12-Nov-19 21:10:16

Thank you @ValidUser for the new thread!

Sorry to hear that @orangeloo I think it's natural to research and want to do everything you can - I've discovered the Fertility Friday podcast! Some very interesting insights to feed your curiosity.

Of course if the nutritional therapy is successful @Lozzlepop I'll def be on here shouting about it! And glad to hear you've finally got an appointment date!

Thanks @Kiza let us know how the testing goes!

Lozzlepop Tue 12-Nov-19 21:11:29

@Kiza provisionally booked in for December 16th but not sure if I will get any results before Xmas? Not sure how long these things take? 🤷🏽‍♀️ Just hoping they don’t swap the date!

Lozzlepop Tue 12-Nov-19 21:17:38

@MIW01 yes I can’t wait to hear what it’s all about and how you find it! The fertility friend podcasts sound interesting too 👌🏻 Thanks, it’s the first step to hopefully getting answers ☺️

Anny27 Tue 12-Nov-19 21:25:11

Thanks for setting up new thread @ValidUser

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone. Had the tablets this morning and miscarriage started this afternoon. Not too painful but i am painkillered up!

@MIW01 sorry that af arrived sad

HolliePurple Tue 12-Nov-19 21:27:06

Joining this new thread as Af got me on Sunday and I've been sulking since. I've just downloaded Ovia- hoping for better luck next time. 💜

MIW01 Tue 12-Nov-19 21:27:50

So sorry @Anny27 glad the physical trauma is minimised. At least you can start to move on, hopefully onwards and upwards.

ValidUser Tue 12-Nov-19 21:29:33

@Anny27 thinking of you. X

@HolliePurple I tried to tag you but I think it autocorrected to something else!

timswifey Tue 12-Nov-19 22:20:10

Checking in - CD9 here. I think I'm still feeling the after-effects of coming off the pill, everything's still really dry (sorry TMI!!) so not ready to DTD yet if you know what I mean 😱

It's fine. This is our first month TTC and I'm not in a rush (yet) lol. We'll see how I feel tomorrow.

whatsthecraic91 Wed 13-Nov-19 10:08:11

@ValidUser thanks for the new thread! Do you have to take aspirin from ovulation onwards? FX for you 🤞🏼

@Lozzlepop great news you have your date before Christmas!!

@Kiza how are you? When is test day?

@Sunnyflover how are things now?

@orangeloo I was like that and had to come off these boards for a couple of months - it really helped but I’m only back recently and I find myself obsessing again 😅

@Anny27 so sorry, hope it’s over for you soon flowers

CD11 and flashing smiley this morning! So hopefully I will ovulate earlier this month - it’s always been CD17/18 but I am trying SS conception vitamins so maybe they have done something? confused

Mona87 Wed 13-Nov-19 11:09:57

Hi everyone can I join please ? Be nice to be able to talk to others in the same boat ☺❤

Lozzlepop Wed 13-Nov-19 11:28:28

@Anny27 hope you are doing ok, rest up over these next few days, get some treats in and watch some rubbish movies ☺️ It will take time for your cycle to readjust and if anything like mine your next period will be hellish. Take your time and try again when you both feel ready, its ok to be sad and not want to try again straight away ❤️

@HolliePurple sorry to hear AF arrived!

@whatsthecraic91 thanks, so happy to have been given a date - just need them to confirm in writing now 🤞🏻how many days do you get the flashing static usually before OV?

Choked with the cold and feeling very snoozy today, it was super icy when I got up this morning - think winter is definitely here! How's everyone today?

orangeloo Wed 13-Nov-19 13:05:01

Welcome @Mona87 if that's the year you are born we are age buds. How long have you been ttc?

Anny27 Wed 13-Nov-19 13:37:24

Definitley taking it easy @lozzlepop my hubby is working from home today so its nice to have him around smile

@whatsthecraic91 i took SS ttc tablets and i have to say my cycles were more regular at 27-29 days when i was taking them whereas usually they could have been 27-32 days so it did make a small difference.....could have been coincidence haha!

Welcome @mona87 smile

@timswifey maybe try preseed lubrication for days when your body isnt quite ready to dtd! Its fertility friendly lube. We use it occasionally if its the 3rd day in a row of SMEP and i am not so in the mood 🤣

Mona87 Wed 13-Nov-19 13:54:25

Thank you .

@orangeloo it is , only been trying since Sept so not long ☺I thought it would happen first time after lots of my friends have had an accidental baby. X

timswifey Wed 13-Nov-19 14:03:11

Thanks for the recommendation @Anny27 🥰 I'll look out for that.

orangeloo Wed 13-Nov-19 14:53:04

@Mona87 hopefully it won't take you too long. Anyone who's been ttc a while will agree that it just seems crazy that this happens to ppl by accident haha. Welcome to the rollercoaster. X

Anny27 Wed 13-Nov-19 15:28:28

Nothing's more frustrating than those women who delight in "my husband just looks at me and i am pregnant haha" 🤣🤣🤣 @orangeloo

whatsthecraic91 Wed 13-Nov-19 15:45:14

@Lozzlepop I usually get 2/3 days of flashing smiley before static so this is early for me!!

@Anny27 my cycles are usually 28-30 anyway but I ovulate CD17/18 and always worried my LP was too short so hopefully this cycle is different!! Ooo yes I think I might order some preseed for next cycle if unsuccessful- the times where you need to do it and aren’t in the mood are so frustrating!!

@Anny27 @orangeloo the people who get pregnant on a one night stand and by accident really anger me 😂 I’m so bitter 😂

MIW01 Wed 13-Nov-19 17:34:55

Hello @Mona87 I thought the same thing as my family are all fertility factories (see Thread 22)! And it was a real shock to discover it takes the average couple 6 months and sometimes up to a year to get pregnant! (We've been TTC 6 months now) and then we discovered we both have fertility issues! I had no idea TTC could be so challenging. I'm now on CD2 and last mo the we DTD every other day from day 8 and still BFN and AF arriving!

Kiza Wed 13-Nov-19 18:04:35

@ValidUser oh I see, wow you've definitely been through a tough journey already, really hope your BFP is soon 🤞🏼
@Lozzlepop did they explain to you what happens in the first appointment? Just read our letter again and it says it's only a 20 minute appointment so assuming they take all our history and then book in for more tests if need be?

@Anny27 how are you feeling today? The loss is so hard, do whatever you need to to get through this time

Had a busy day at work and met a Friend after work discussing prenatal trauma and somatic trauma... helped take my mind of testing for sure!

Anny27 Wed 13-Nov-19 20:21:56

Yes!! @whatsthecraic91 its hard not to get bitter but our time will come!

@Kiza feeling okay thank you, still a bit crampy. In terms of emotional side i cried ALOT last week but still just keep thinking i cant believe its happened to me. Would have been my 12 week scan in a few days so feeling a little emotional but thats expected!

Are you having anymore symptoms??

Kiza Wed 13-Nov-19 21:18:06

@Anny27 it seems so unfair at times, especially when we are doing everything in our power to try and make it happen for us. It's really hard not to get despondent sometimes. I went through a really dark period for a couple of months back in summer and had some therapy to help me through as felt that people around me just didn't seem to understand in the way I needed them to.
Sending lots of love and healing your way.

No more symptoms, still lots of milky white discharge and soft cervix in a medium position... may test on Friday morning 🤞🏼

orangeloo Wed 13-Nov-19 22:57:21

@Anny27 @whatsthecraic91 😂 totally with you both! I'm glad we all have each other for the bitter and frustrated times.

Had my second acupuncture tonight I do find it relaxing. hoping more good things to come from it - mainly a BFP of course!

ValidUser Thu 14-Nov-19 07:20:11

@whatsthecraic91 aspirin all the time. My probable clotting disorder puts me at risk of stroke. My gynaecologist says it can possibly thin the endometrium if not needed.

I'm 9dpo. Squint with me!

whatsthecraic91 Thu 14-Nov-19 09:17:49

@ValidUser I saved your photo and played about with the contrast and there may be something there!! But I have really bad line eyes! Fingers crossed 🤞🏼

Lottiepink Thu 14-Nov-19 09:38:02

Morning everyone,

Been mega busy at work so hard to keep up 🤣

@Lozzlepop done the SA, total nightmare, I tried to help him out, but getting the cup in position etc was a nightmare, he got a bit of stage fright (never been known before) so he had to do it himself, we were at home then I took it and got it there with 20 mins to spare before the hour was up 😅 kept it warm in my bra 🤦🏻‍♀️😂 all fun and games.

@Anny27 take care of yourself, sending my thoughts your way!

@ValidUser hmm I can maybe just maybe see a glimmer of something.. fingers crossed for you ☺️

Kiza Thu 14-Nov-19 09:42:58

Sorry @ValidUser can't see anything on my phone, when's AF due for you? 🤞🏼

@Lottiepink wow sounds like an experience to share in the future after your BFP turns into a fully fledged adult!
Glad you're enjoying the Accupuncture @orangeloo have you noticed any difference in your cycles/symptoms since doing it?

orangeloo Thu 14-Nov-19 09:51:37

@Lottiepink hope your SA comes back okay.

@Kiza I think it's too early to tell. I find it relaxing but I'm mainly hoping it can bring my Ov forward a little and reduce spotting as that is my main concern. Fingers crossed. Was it you who said it reduced your spotting?

timswifey Thu 14-Nov-19 09:52:37

Hi @ValidUser I'm struggling to see anything sorry 😞 hopefully it's just too early at this point? When are you going to test again?

ValidUser Thu 14-Nov-19 10:35:48

@timswifey and @Kiza I'm known for testing way too early! Will keep doing the same. 😂

Kiza Thu 14-Nov-19 11:06:53

@orangeloo yeah it made my cycles regular and shortened spotting also.
Im going to go back in the new year (if not pregnant!)
@ValidUser like me testing Friday last week! 🤦🏼‍♀️

Mona87 Thu 14-Nov-19 11:25:53

@MIW01 sorry about your fertility issues , hopefully it'll happen for you very soon. My sister is currently pregnant with her fourth 'accident' 😕 x

whatsthecraic91 Thu 14-Nov-19 11:45:43

@orangeloo I’m quite interested in trying acupuncture, how much does a session cost? Do you go every week/month? Also does it hurt? 😂

orangeloo Thu 14-Nov-19 12:15:29

Fix for you both @ValidUser and @Kiza

@whatsthecraic91 I said to her I can afford two sessions a month £45 a session- my first session was £60 so she said she would like to treat me pre ovulation so effectively two weeks on and two off is what I will be doing but they can differ it on your needs and their recommendations. Some hurt going in for a second but other than that no. If you are someone who is scared of needles don't go haha.

Lozzlepop Thu 14-Nov-19 17:24:35

@whatsthecraic91 that’s good, fingers crossed for early OV 🤞🏻

@Anny27 hope you are doing well, glad to hear DP is around for support it’s so important to have that right now ☺️ Also it’s fine to cry- we cried a lot, I’ve cried more this year than the rest of my life combined 😂 but it’s better to let the emotions out and you will never forget this little bean- we bought a rose bush as a little way to remember and I smile whenever it blooms.
I take the whole accidentally getting pregnant with a pinch of salt now- I think people like to portray that everything happens super quick or by accident but in actual fact they were trying!

@Mona87 welcome 👋🏻 How are you finding TTC?

@Kiza she said the appointment would take about an hour, we would chat through our miscarriage history with a consultant and then she her (fertility nurse) and I would get some bloods taken but nothing for DP at this stage.

@orangeloo are you enjoying the acupuncture? Have they said how many sessions you need in order to “see any results” or is it more like ongoing and shifting a focus in your life?

@ValidUser I think I may see something so I have everything crossed for you! Was your blood clotting issue discovered from a blood test?

@Lottiepink that’s a brilliant story 🤣🤣 just imagining you driving along the road with a cup of spunk in your bra- you’ve made my day!!

What’s everyone’s weekend plans? I still have his rotten cold but out shopping and for lunch with my mum and hopefully looking at paint samples on Sunday 🙂 DP is out tonight but said he won’t be home late so we’ll see 😂😂 hope everyone had a great Thursday- we are so close to the weekend!!!

orangeloo Thu 14-Nov-19 18:25:52

@Lozzlepop I am enjoying it. She hasn't said how many I'll need, I'm happy to give it a good go, I think about four months. Then if I don't see any changes physically in my cycle I think I will stop as it isn't cheap and there are much less expensive ways for me to relax. But at least I will have tried it and it's one thing to tick off the ttc list.

Sound like you have a nice weekend planned. I have a baby shower 'rolls eyes' I don't feel too bad about it at mo as I think this girl was trying for quite a while too. Enjoy the place to your self tonight!

Lottiepink Thu 14-Nov-19 18:28:31

@Kiza absolutely, was thinking the same when I was driving along with it in there 🤣🤣

@orangeloo thank you, how are you getting along?

@Lozzlepop pleased to have made you smile, we had a right laugh about it too, I just kept thinking I'm sat in traffic and the person next to me has no idea what I'm going through right now haha! Hope you feel better soon! Ohh paint samples, you planning on doing it before Xmas?

Anyone know how long the SA will actually take, they said at the lab 10-14 days, but I assumed the lab have to check it immediately?
DH is nervous about it, he thinks it's going to come back abnormal, I think he will be in the clear but I'm desperate to know now and hate waiting 😕

Kiza Thu 14-Nov-19 18:58:33

@Lottiepink think my DP got his results back in 10 days. He got them via phone due to abnormal results. The dude has been eating a tablespoon of tomato purée daily for over a month to try and increase his amount of 'normally formed' sperm.
I'm impressed by his dedication! 😄

whatsthecraic91 Thu 14-Nov-19 19:32:08

@orangeloo thanks for the info, I contacted a lady on Facebook who does it in my area and she asked me a few questions about myself and then she told me I have to keep my feet warm at all times confused she said cold feet means cold uterus! And gave me a range of different vitamins to try as pregnacare & seven seas are a con apparently! So I’m gonna take her advice and see if it helps then if not I’ll make an appointment with her in January!

@Lottiepink keeping it on your bra 😂 that’s actually a brilliant idea 😂

@ValidUser when are you going to test again?

@Kiza how are you? Are you testing tomorrow?

Lottiepink Thu 14-Nov-19 20:03:49

@Kiza wonder why it takes them so flipping long 😂😂 what was wrong with them, if you don't mind me asking? Was it just the shape? That is dedication bless him 🙂

@whatsthecraic91 wow really, how good of her to give so much advice instead of just booking you in and taking your money, that obviously means she is a genuine person! Haha I was rather pleased with myself for my quick thinking on a frosty November morning 😂😂

Kiza Thu 14-Nov-19 20:51:09

@whatsthecraic91 oooh I've not heard that about cold feet? Out of curiosity what vitamins did she advise?
I really want to hold off testing until Saturday but who knows when that morning alarm goes off and the urge to POAS takes over 😆

@Lottiepink they said his count and motility were good, however he only has 1% of normally formed sperm. So 99% is abnormal. Apparently anything below 4% is considered low and needs help. The average man has between 4-15% of normal sperm.
Hopefully the tomato purée has helped 🤞🏼

whatsthecraic91 Thu 14-Nov-19 21:20:40

@Lottiepink yea it was really nice of her! She gave me some breathing exercises to do too!

@Kiza ever since she’s told me about the cold feet this afternoon I have made sure my feet are extra toastie 😂 socks in bed tonight for me!! I know it’s so hard!! Really try to wait 😅 these are the ones she recommended-

Pregnancy Complex 120 Veg Caps www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B003TOHHGY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_I.BZDbNHYTNEK?tag=mumsnetforu03-21

I have them ordered so I’ll try them on the weekend and report back!

Lottiepink Thu 14-Nov-19 21:39:00

@Kiza thank you for the info. Aww I really hope it's helped him out. Where did you hear about it?

@whatsthecraic91 aww that's brill, hopefully it will work 🤞🏻

PaintingOwls Thu 14-Nov-19 21:42:01

Had anyone reached the point where they don't want to POAS?

I am potentially one day late and I have this deliciously painful ball of excitement inside me and I just don't want to take a test because it's probably going to be a BFN.

This is coming from a woman who bulk buys pregnancy tests and will usually POAS every other day until AF arrives and then feels guilty about the impact all that waste is having on the environment blush

Kiza Fri 15-Nov-19 06:50:28

@whatsthecraic91 thanks, intrigued to hear your report!
@Lottiepink we just did tons of research as the GP at the time wasn't very helpful and was a bit dismissive about the 1%.

So a bfn for me this morning, stark white line. Still getting twinges and have been since 6dpo, still milky white CM also. Who knows 🤷🏼‍♀️ I'm going to see a clairvoyant this afternoon so she may be able to put me out my misery! 😄

@PaintingOwls completely understand as I was like that the last 2 months, yet this month I can't stop poas. Maybe do it with your partner so you're not alone at the time of the result?

SunnyFlover Fri 15-Nov-19 08:36:51

Hi Ladies, sorry, missed out on the link that you sent me.

Update: my BFP must have been a chemical... Not even sure if it was ectopic or not, at this point I don't event want to know. Waiting for the af now and hoping it will come soon, so that I can start another month of TTC.

Sun is shining here on the Med island! How are you all?

SunnyFlover Fri 15-Nov-19 08:38:53

@PaintingOwls - my obsession this month drove me crazy. I think next month I will take it easy and read less and POAS only when it's way past af. Stick intervention 🤣

PaintingOwls Fri 15-Nov-19 15:54:57

Ah we are 13 months into this nonsense so my feelings are rather fraught.

The longest cycle I've had this year is 34 days. If I make it with no AF by Sunday then that will be 34 days and maybe just maybe I'll go and buy an extortionate pregnancy test from boots.

Right now I feel SO aware of my body and every twinge and cramp is both spooking me and giving me hope.

orangeloo Fri 15-Nov-19 16:46:07

I know how you feel @PaintingOwls I'm not far behind you on cycle 11 and feel you on the fraught & every twinge is both hopeful and spooking. Well done for holing out. FX for you x

ValidUser Fri 15-Nov-19 17:47:26

@PaintingOwls I get you!

@whatsthecraic91 I've tested again. BFN on a FRER at 10dpo. Apparently 80% of pregnant women would have a BFP by now on a FRER, so not totally optimistic!

Quiffy Fri 15-Nov-19 18:01:54

Hello everyone! Jumping on your thread as I'm also TTC baby 1.

@SunnyFlover sorry for the chemical, fingers crossed for next month.

@PaintingOwls I'm somewhere between POAS fear and wanting to atm.

I'm around 7/8DPO and having some funny twinges and what might be implantation bleeding or could be AF v early. Considering a test in morning.

Kiza Fri 15-Nov-19 18:47:51

@SunnyFlover so sorry to hear this, take your time to grieve and look after yourself.
@ValidUser any symptoms?

So think my optimism of symptoms was too optimistic. Tell tale signs of AF round the corner...

Mona87 Fri 15-Nov-19 18:52:15

Hi @Lozzlepop, I haven't been trying long but its taking over my life 👎 Thinking about buying an ava bracelet.

ValidUser Fri 15-Nov-19 19:30:48

@Kiza not really! I'll just have to see if AF comes and if it does hope for next time!

whatsthecraic91 Fri 15-Nov-19 19:35:02

@ValidUser don’t lose hope, you’re not out until AF shows!

@Kiza how was the clairvoyant?

Kiza Fri 15-Nov-19 19:51:26

@whatsthecraic91 in a nutshell she said we will have a baby but it's going to be a tough journey with medical professionals diagnosing us with 'unexplained fertility'. She said the blockage is with me spiritually and I need to spend more time in spiritual practice (I'm a spiritual person so this makes sense as it's a feeling I've had for a few years now).
🤷🏼‍♀️

Kiza Fri 15-Nov-19 19:52:24

@ValidUser with you there, I think AF is coming so it'll be into cycle 15...

ValidUser Fri 15-Nov-19 20:02:34

@Kiza we're almost cycle buddies. I'm cycle 16 or 17. It's tough. X

Kiza Fri 15-Nov-19 20:06:09

@ValidUser and think you're only 5 days behind me dpo... I feel we are a bit behind with the fertility support as the first GP I saw was so dismissive so went to a different one when we moved. Got to just hold out for our fertility appointment and hope the process of further testing isn't too long.

ValidUser Fri 15-Nov-19 21:07:48

@Kiza I was really lucky. DH and I are doctors and I referred myself for a hsg after 4 months.That revealed the main issue and DH had good sperm. I suppose it helps that we're in Ireland and went private straight away. Had surgery on about cycle 8 to remove a massive hydrosalpinx.

But the clotting issue compounded matters and it's a likely ivf journey. But it could have taken so much longer.

Lozzlepop Fri 15-Nov-19 21:53:04

@orangeloo that’s a decent amount of time to see if it has any results ☺️ Hope the baby shower isn’t too bad!

@Lottiepink haha honestly such a good story 😂 I still have the cold but feeling better than I did at the start of the week! Yeah we will just be doing a feature wall and changing the accessories so shouldn’t be a big job!

@whatsthecraic91 I always have cold feet- I hate them being warm 🙈 I never wear socks in the house 😳

@Kiza sorry to hear it was a BFN, how did you get on at the clairvoyant?

@SunnyFlover I’m so sorry to hear that lovely, it’s such a cruel world sometimes - did the doctor get back to you in the end? I hope you are doing ok!

@ValidUser sorry to hear it was a BFN lovely

@Mona87 I know it’s easy to say but try not to let it take over too much as it can be all consuming and get you down.

I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend ahead of them 😘

Anny27 Fri 15-Nov-19 22:11:07

Swanned to update you, currently in hospital recovering from emergency erpc after I was losing too much blood during the medical management!

Part of my day involved a doctor trying to remove a huge clot stuck in my cervix whilst I was having the most intense period cramps.

Safe to say my little baby wanted to make a memorable goodbye!

Lozzlepop Fri 15-Nov-19 23:11:55

@Anny27 oh you poor thing what a horrible time, I’m sorry the medical management didn’t work out but it sounds like you are in safe hands! Rest up and take it easy the next few day. Sending lots of love your way xx

SunnyFlover Sat 16-Nov-19 10:59:14

@Anny27 sorry to hear that, hope you will feel better very soon xxx

ValidUser Sat 16-Nov-19 13:44:43

@Anny27 I'm so sorry. Xxx

AF got me this morning. Cycle probably 18, here we go.

Larrydavid Sat 16-Nov-19 19:01:51

@Anny27 just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you. Take care of yourself and get lots of rest x

Kiza Sat 16-Nov-19 19:10:12

Oh god @Anny27 that sounds awful, hope you're resting/recovery is going ok.

@ValidUser sorry to hear AF got you, I've started spotting today so think I'm right behind you. Great advantage you both being doctors but still tough with all the difficulties you've had so far.

Anny27 Sat 16-Nov-19 20:56:12

Thanks everyone smile Back home now pumped with antibiotics and iron tablets!

Ahh sorry AF arrived @validuser and sorry you think yours is on the way @kiza sad

@Larrydavid thanks lovely! Hope all is well with your little bean smile

Has anyone got any positive news this weekend haha?

PaintingOwls Sun 17-Nov-19 14:18:45

Anny27 I am so sorry, that sounds horrific sad I hope you get plenty of rest!

I did an frer and it was of course a BFN. However my period is now 3 days late.

whatsthecraic91 Sun 17-Nov-19 14:27:20

@Anny27 you poor thing, hope you are feeling better and are being well looked after! Plenty of rest!

@ValidUser so sorry AF got you!

Static smiley today so time for 3 in a row!!

Lozzlepop Sun 17-Nov-19 15:54:18

@ValidUser sorry to hear AF got you Hun 😔

@Anny27 glad to hear you are home and resting up!

@whatsthecraic91 go go go 😂

Well we have our date in writing!! 4 weeks tomorrow and I’m thinking it’ll fly in ☺️ Hope everyone’s had a great weekend!!

SunnyFlover Sun 17-Nov-19 22:00:55

Hope everyone had a good weekend, rested up and ready to risk and roll the Monday. New cycle, new hope ❤️

Kiza Mon 18-Nov-19 07:30:14

So yep, AF came in full force today. Cycle 15 it is 🤞🏼

whatsthecraic91 Mon 18-Nov-19 08:27:11

@Kiza ah sorry the witch got you sad

ValidUser Mon 18-Nov-19 08:32:30

@whatsthecraic91 and @Lozzlepop thank you. X

@Kiza sending virtual wine and chocolate. Xxx

Anny27 Mon 18-Nov-19 08:55:02

@kiza ahh sorry AF arrived sad

I am quite small chested and during pregnancy my boobs grew but now i've woken and up and they have gone haha! Gutted ;p hopefully in a few months they will be back.......

Kiza Mon 18-Nov-19 10:44:38

Uurrrggh it's one of those where I feel sick too! Ate a whole tub of the new vegan salted caramel ice cream last night so best take it easy with the chocolate today 😄
@Anny27 you're sounding fairly upbeat and resilient, are you feeling better ( besides the loss of boobs- wouldn't it be great if they stayed too!)

@Lozzlepop great news that your letter finally arrived! How are you getting on with the 'not allowed to get pregnant' rule? Is it still hard?
@whatsthecraic91 good luck for these next few days!!

@PaintingOwls any more testing today? Symptoms? Hope this is your month 🤞🏼

whatsthecraic91 Mon 18-Nov-19 11:37:12

@Kiza oh no that sucks, hope you feel better soon! Are you a vegan? Them vitamins I ordered are vegan, didn’t know until they arrived, I’m not a vegan so suppose I wasn’t looking out for it. They are very big capsules and you have to take 2 a day. I take them with my dinner and they haven’t upset my stomach so far! Wouldn’t try them on an empty stomach though!

Lozzlepop Mon 18-Nov-19 12:11:19

@SunnyFlover glad to hear you are feeling rested ☺️ take it easy if you need to!

@Kiza so sorry to hear AF arrived hun, not long till our appointments though! The ice cream sounds delish! Yeah we are still trying not to get pregnant- I am hoping this might be the last day though as I should be due to OV over xmas and that would just be perfect but realistically probably wont have our results back by then. Due to OV this week so DH just need to keep his distance lol! We are away next week though so can enjoy DTD then!

Hows everyones Monday going? It is so cold here, bus was late this morning and was a 20 minute wait in the minus 3 temps ⛄️

orangeloo Mon 18-Nov-19 12:33:42

Hey ladies sorry about AF @Kiza and @PaintingOwls I've still got my fingers crossed for you. @Anny27 thinking of you and hope you're doing okay.

Nothing to report just awaiting imminent ovulation and hoping to complete SMEP.

I heard an interesting piece of advice this morning - I lay still after DTD for 20 mins after. I heard that you should lay 10 mins on your back and then 10 mins on your front!! This is to cover all basis depending on when your cervix sits. Mind blown- wish I'd known this 11 months ago when I started ttc but never mind. This expert also said that doggy or missionary positions are best however most ' experts' say it makes no difference so won't read too much into that.

Anny27 Mon 18-Nov-19 19:50:33

@orangeloo i have heard that as well and actually the month we got our bfp i had done some front lying as well after dtd. So who knows if that worked but doesnt harm does it haha!

@Lozzlepop not long then now and hopefully you get results quickly!

@Kiza oh no i hate a bad period! When i was a teen i used to throw up when i had my period and that stopped but randomly i had one period last year where i threw up haha. Also had one random period where i didnt have ANY cramps which was insane for me haha!

Lottiepink Mon 18-Nov-19 20:18:40

Hello everyone,

@Anny27 hope you are doing ok! You have done so well to stay in touch, hope you recover as well as you can ☺️

@orangeloo that's interesting, may try that one tonight haha!

@Kiza and @ValidUser so sorry af arrived... it's awful and I hope you are both looking after yourselves 😊

I'm cd 14 and apparently according to my apps it's ovulation day, positive LH on Saturday and negatives since, and also a few twinges, But I always ovulate late cd 16-19 usually with day 18 more likely, So it's odd, had an easier period this month too, hope it means something good 🤣

I rang for DH sperm results today as they are back (a lot quicker than I thought) but all it said was to do a retest in 6 weeks, what's your thoughts, does it mean something could be wrong? I've requested a call tomorrow regarding them... fingers crossed it's nothing too bad!

orangeloo Mon 18-Nov-19 20:56:27

@Anny27 oh wow that is interesting to hear. Will definitely do some front lying then. I just like hearing things that give me a new bit of hope. You are doing so well as @Lottiepink says 😊 keep looking after yourself. Those periods sound awful too poor you.

@Lottiepink don't speculate n try not to worry, could be lots of reasons for a re-test. Fx for you.

Just waiting for my positive OPK I'm eager to see it. DP thought we were having sex tonight but I said I haven't got my positive yet and want to complete SMEP so don't want us to wear ourselves out haha. I think I forget every month that I do get a bit anxious planning the dtd at the right times and sometimes worry that my OPK's will miss surge. Oh the never ending joys of ttc.

Kiza Tue 19-Nov-19 07:24:37

@orangeloo it's hard to be compelled chilled about DTD when we have to plan it and remember the days, seems like an impossible task! I'll try the lying on my front, I've got a retroverted uterus so do wonder if sometimes if it's harder to find as the doctors always struggle to find the Damn thing so the blind semen are definitely going to have a hard task! 😆

@Lottiepink could be a number of reasons, even that they weren't able to analyse, let's hope the call tomorrow brings clarity and better news for you.
@Lozzlepop I imagined one of those old chastity belts when you told your story!

@whatsthecraic91 thanks! Think I've got another month left of my current ones so will order those recommended by your acupuncturist and just take my time swallowing the huge things.

whatsthecraic91 Tue 19-Nov-19 08:17:29

Morning all!! Officially 1DPO, working 12 hours today and tonight will be our 3rd DTD in a row and I honestly don’t think I can be arsed!! We have DTD CD5,7,8,11,13,15(Static) & 16 - today is CD 17 would it do any harm to miss it? I really wanted to complete SMEP but it’s so exhausting 😓 but then if I get a BFN I’ll be like it’s because I missed that one day we should have 🙈

Anny27 Tue 19-Nov-19 08:24:36

@whatsthecraic91 we never do the days at the end, only 2, i can never be arsed after i know i have ovulated haha!

@kiza one sonographer said i had a retroverted uterus but the other (4) didnt! Perhaps it was just harder to find the one day

@lottiepink thanks lovely! I know it can be worrying, i had an inconclusibe test for antibodies when i waa pregnant and had to retest and i spent days worrying about it but the retest came back absolutley fine, they just hadnt used enough sample in the lab so fingers crossed itsnothing bad!

@orangeloo i am also a dtd planner and it does suck a bit of joy out of it but i dont think we would do it enough if it wasnt scheduled haha!

Lottiepink Tue 19-Nov-19 08:34:53

Thank @orangeloo @Kiza @Anny27
Hopefully the doctor will give us some answers today 😊

@Kiza that made me laugh 😂

I don't plan it we just do it when we want usually, I'll sometimes throw in thr 'today's a good day' and he knows what I mean 🤣 I think we would resent the whole thing of it if it's planned. But it's whatever works best for both of you 😊 I love how organised you all are though 👏🏻😂

@whatsthecraic91 I wouldn't put yourself under stress to do it tonight if you don't want, thing is if you've already ov'd I don't think it will matter 😊

timswifey Tue 19-Nov-19 09:11:16

@Kiza hope AF is gentle with you. Fingers crossed for a Christmas BFP.

@Lozzlepop it's freezing where I am too - minus 2 this morning! 😱 don't mind it too much though, any excuse to get cosy!

@orangeloo how's SMEP going?

@Lottiepink maybe the sample got contaminated or it was unclear? I would try not to overthink it, they haven't told you anything bad yet 😊

CD16 here, DTD last night and will do again tomorrow I think 👍 I like how Ovia counts down the days til I take a pregnancy test, is anyone else using that app?

Lottiepink Tue 19-Nov-19 09:43:53

@timswifey thank you, I just wasn't sure if they do normally repeat the test or not. The receptionist said there was percentages against the motility etc so sample must have been viable, but they aren't trained to give them out, hopefully the doctor will ring soon ha!

I love that part of the cycle ha! What date is ovulation predicted? I don't use that app, I use natural cycles which I like, and started Fertility friend but I find it all confusing ha!

whatsthecraic91 Tue 19-Nov-19 10:26:45

@Anny27 @Lottiepink thanks for the reassurance! I’ll maybe skip tonight then as I will be home late & I have to wash my hair tonight - such effort!! Wouldn’t be so bad if my DP was into quickies, he says they aren’t fair on me 🙄 he’s too considerate sometimes 🤣

@anny27 hope you’re keeping okay 🙂

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »