Talk

Advanced search

Over 40's TTC loads of baby dust to all... 5

(392 Posts)
Chatbash72 Wed 06-Nov-19 18:31:30

Hope this works as we lots the thread

Chatbash72 Wed 06-Nov-19 18:34:42

@Cleozeta @BooseysMom @Russkispy @Mystie @NicLondon1 @rubyroot @sweetpea36 @tiggerifficmummy please add link to others we lost our thread as we reached 1000 posts at a crucial moment

Mystie Wed 06-Nov-19 18:42:41

Thanks for the tag @Chatbash72 @Surferrosa74

Chatbash72 Wed 06-Nov-19 18:43:05

@Russkispy I'm so sorry sending loads of love and hugs be gentle with yourself.. take it easy 💕💕💕

Chatbash72 Wed 06-Nov-19 18:44:53

@Hmmm123 @hmmm123 couldn't remember which you were using

Chatbash72 Wed 06-Nov-19 18:56:17

@SparrowSG @rubyroot @Rose68

Chatbash72 Wed 06-Nov-19 18:57:31

@burntpinky @Widdendream77 @NicLondon1

Chatbash72 Wed 06-Nov-19 18:59:29

@Mjlp @Jojowash

Chatbash72 Wed 06-Nov-19 19:03:24

@Rubyroost @KCM99 @MaryShelley1818 apologies if you have come off the thread,just trying to think who was on the last thread

Jojowash Wed 06-Nov-19 19:25:32

Hi again guys! What happened?

hmmm123 Wed 06-Nov-19 19:34:10

I've found you! thanks @Chatbash72

Russkispy Wed 06-Nov-19 19:44:14

@Chatbash72 thank you for the new thread.
I'll be around but not active as such. As soon as I get my new plan for next transfer, I'll let you all know

Will be thinking of you all xx

Chatbash72 Wed 06-Nov-19 19:52:11

@Jojowash once we reach 1000 posts our thread stops

minime2017 Wed 06-Nov-19 20:04:38

Still floating in the background. Thanks for the new thread.

Cleozeta Wed 06-Nov-19 20:23:10

Thanks chat

Dia12 Wed 06-Nov-19 22:29:26

I'd created another thread as I couldn't find this earlier!!!

Dia12 Wed 06-Nov-19 22:29:38

So sorry to hear of your loss @Russkispy, hope you are able to look after yourself. 

Wondeful news @Cleotzeta - must be such a relief. Wishing you a healthy pregnancy x

Thank you @NicLondon1 - you're right, I think we need to consider IUI to help us. We have an appointment with the clinic tomorrow for some tests and I'm going to have a chat about this as an option to try before we begin another ivf.

I was prescribed 800mg progesterone daily too and believe this to be fairly standard and to be harmless. I didn't have any major side effects - it did make me very hot and sweaty
I've also heard vitex can help with luteal phase but there was so much conflicting information and not enough evidence in support that i decided against it. I did however take 150mcg B12 and 200mg B6 after ovulation and this has helped extend my luteal phase from 10days to 12.

Chatbash72 Wed 06-Nov-19 23:07:19

Ooh sorry @Dia12 it took me a while to work out how to post a thread,a techie Luddite 🤣🤣

CritterTamer Thu 07-Nov-19 02:11:17

Thanks for the new thread Chat 😊

KristieP2018 Thu 07-Nov-19 06:00:47

I'm still here.

So so sorry @Russkispy xx

MaryShelley1818 Thu 07-Nov-19 06:55:11

Thank you for the tag @Chatbash72 smile

Well a little update from me....it’s fair to say I’ve been a very negative nelly the past few months and really didn’t want to go to the Infertility Appointment on Tuesday BUT it was actually really positive.
I saw the nurse practitioner initially who said that my Day 3 and Day 21 results were really good, she said I’m definitely ovulating and also the fact that I’ve a very regular cycle (every 28 days) is good. She mentioned my weight but didn’t labour the subject and said just to try to lose a stone (I probably need to lose about 5). She said none of the information I had worried her and she believed it was literally all done to timing!

So next steps:
I’m going to repeat the Day 3 and Day 21 tests just to be sure, she took blood yesterday for AMH tests and also took vaginal swabs, DH has to have his sperm tested, I’m going to have the dye/xray procedure and then we see the consultant in February to review all the results.

Has anyone had the dye/xray? What does it involve?

CritterTamer Thu 07-Nov-19 07:33:12

@maryshelley1818 that sounds positive! Do you mean the HSG test? I've had that and it's nothing to worry about, it only takes a few minutes and will check that your fallopian tubes are open. In honesty it is quite painful but the pain didn't last long - maybe a few minutes of discomfort and 30 seconds of bad pain.
Fingers crossed it all goes well for you 🤞

NicLondon1 Thu 07-Nov-19 10:27:07

@Russkispy Can't believe it, am heartbroken for you. Sending hugs xxx

Russkispy Thu 07-Nov-19 14:29:17

Thank you all! Very grateful for your lovely and supportive comments!
It's been the shittiest year ever! And I really hope this nightmare ends soon and soon enough I'll hold my Uber special rainbow in my arms!
And I absolutely wish the same to you all! X

Chatbash72 Thu 07-Nov-19 15:04:09

Sending lots of love @Russkispy 💕💕💕💕

Mystie Thu 07-Nov-19 15:17:39

@Russkispy so so sorry. You will get your rainbow baby, don't lose hope 🌈

MaryShelley1818 Thu 07-Nov-19 17:04:23

Thank you @CritterTamer
Yes that’s the one...I’m a little bit nervous but will hopefully be worth it as I’ve read it can temporarily increase fertility when you have it done 🤞🏼 Xx

BooseysMom Fri 08-Nov-19 10:40:06

@Chatbash72.. thank you for linking me to the new thread. Thank goodness i followed the link in my email as i thought i was the last one to post on the previous thread and couldn't understand how there wasn't anything else but i had the email thru! Anyway thank you! What happened to our other thread??

Chatbash72 Fri 08-Nov-19 15:57:38

@BooseysMom we reached our 1k limit

twinkledag Sat 09-Nov-19 16:13:30

I'm so sorry @Russkispy, that is really not fair and I'm angry and sad for you.

Liissaa Sat 09-Nov-19 19:38:18

Hi all, hoping to join you as a 41 year old who had a missed miscarriage in May. That was my first pregnancy and still haven’t got my hormones balanced yet. Xx

BooseysMom Sat 09-Nov-19 21:49:38

This didn't get thru on the old thread ...

Welcome to the new ladies.

Cleozeta.. Congratulations on your test results!

Chatbash72.. Really sorry Chat..you're taking it well. Hope you're ok x

Russkispy.. so sorry to hear it hasn't worked out. Join me in the background following everyone's journeys! Take care of yourself.

So sorry Russkispy. Join me in the background following everyone's journeys! Take care of yourself x

BooseysMom Sat 09-Nov-19 21:50:48

Oops! Sorry the last para appeared twice!

Widdendream77 Sun 10-Nov-19 11:26:10

Russkispy so very sorry, it is shit and unfair, a hug from me. Maryshelley1818 I had the hsg last year, very straightforward and not painful for me more discomfort, it’s pretty quick and straightforward, hope it goes well. Cleozeta, thanks for spotting advice, I’ve ordered vitex so we will see what that does!

KediKat Sun 10-Nov-19 11:31:06

I think I am going out of my mind! This is the first month that I have more symptoms, af is 1 day late, I have sore breasts, I have more clear cm (sorry tmi) I feel dizzy. I use AVA to track my bbt, and ovulated cd14, dtd 3 days before and on ovulation day. then my temp dropped and I thought I was out for the month, then my AVA stopped working and got replaced in 7 days and my first lot of bbt showed it rose 12dpo then dipped 13dpo. After reading about implantation dips I felt positive so did a test yesterday and today, both show BFN. So today 14dpo I am still waiting and hoping not sure if it is over for this month?

Chatbash72 Sun 10-Nov-19 14:01:39

Welcome @Liissaa @KediKat might be too soon to test, I had 2 bfn at day 32 and 35 but was preg, just miscarried as wasn't throwing off enough hormones to make it viable..

KediKat Sun 10-Nov-19 14:48:14

Thank you @Chatbash72 I miscarried at 8weeks in Feb, back then i didn't get a BFP until 7 days after missed AF, so still waiting... confused

Surferrosa74 Sun 10-Nov-19 15:57:06

Quick question, for those of you are taking Ubiquinol, how much are you taking? I’ve just ordered some off Amazon but unsure if I should take 100mg or 200mg? Thanks in advance!

CritterTamer Sun 10-Nov-19 17:33:08

@surferrosa74 - some fertility consultants say at least 300mg. Studies were done (on mice) using 600mg. I took between 300 and 500mg daily for the three months prior to my successful IVF cycle.

twinkledag Sun 10-Nov-19 18:00:13

I take 200 but maybe should up to 500 like @CritterTamer !!

Mystie Sun 10-Nov-19 18:06:01

@Surferrosa74 is Ubiquinol the same as Co Enzyme Q10? 🤔

Alarica Sun 10-Nov-19 21:30:51

Hi @KediKat I have an Ava too. Looking at your chart, you might have ovulated a few days after CD14 so it could be too early for a positive test 🤞Ava seems to give a tick to confirm biphasic pattern rather than confirming actual ovulation day???

Alarica Sun 10-Nov-19 21:33:33

@Surferrosa74 fertility consultant advised me to take 300mg and my DH too

Alarica Sun 10-Nov-19 21:35:02

@Mystie I think ubiquinol is a form of coenzyme Q10 that is easier for your body to absorb

Alarica Sun 10-Nov-19 21:38:01

@Russkispy I'm so sad to read your update. I hope you have lots of support and your next transfer is the one for you 🤞xxx

Chatbash72 Mon 11-Nov-19 00:31:04

@Surferrosa74 I take 400mg of Co enzyme Q10..

KediKat Mon 11-Nov-19 10:42:06

Thanks @Alarica, I know AVA doesn't confirm ovulation just recognises when your body is entering it fertile window. This is the first month that i have a dip and rise in my BBT whereas before with a dip would be followed by AF. Today my temp rose again and still no AF. Still hoping, still waiting...

Mystie Mon 11-Nov-19 12:38:08

@KediKat not sure if you've read this article but it's quite informative. Basically says that a drop in temp on one or even two days doesn't mean anything. What's important is the pattern over a longer period of time so your temp drop isn't necessarily bad news...

https://www.avawomen.com/avaworld/ava-bracelet-data-science/

hmmm123 Mon 11-Nov-19 14:19:06

Had my histology report back from my ectopic surgery. Apparently everything was normal. No sign of inflammation or infection tube looked fine cells of pregnancy were fine ..

It's just one of those things..

I wanted answers or a reason but I suppose it's good news

Just feel a bit sad

twinkledag Mon 11-Nov-19 22:30:34

I'm sorry @hmmm123.

Chatbash72 Tue 12-Nov-19 09:08:22

Ooh @hmmm123 it's not helpful not having all the answers..
advice please ladies.. still got a little blood smeary discharge and got my smear booked for tomorrow, have postponed it about 3 times due the last 6 weeks ups and downs.. wondering if I should postpone again 🤦‍♀️ because I don't want to mess it up and risk abnormal result due to old blood cells.. did tell hubs no dtd tonight as spermicide can throw off the results too.. he was not too impressed.. 🙄

KediKat Tue 12-Nov-19 09:16:02

Morning Chatbash72, maybe call the nurse/clinic/surgery and explain your situation and maybe they will advise to postpone. Have you had an abnormal smear before (if you don’t mind me asking)

NicLondon1 Tue 12-Nov-19 12:57:47

@Chatbash72 Yes I would maybe turn up and explain the situation. On the other hand, it will be good to have the test done (for peace of mind)... good luck.

8dpo here. Yesterday I ate a whole pineapple!

Chatbash72 Tue 12-Nov-19 13:29:00

@KediKat & @NicLondon1 not an abnormal one before but they say not to still be bleeding... it's old blood ( soz tmi 🤦‍♀️) and cm... but our receptionist aren't very helpful.. well done of them

KediKat Wed 13-Nov-19 08:49:45

I think this is a BFP but the line is very faint. Photo was taken in the 3mins time scale, it is darker now it has dried(no photo)!! shock

Mystie Wed 13-Nov-19 08:52:13

@KediKat congratulations! Definitely looks like a positive to me, how many dpo are you? So exciting! X

KediKat Wed 13-Nov-19 09:00:59

Thank you @Mystie af was due on Saturday, based on my Ava predicting ovulation about 17dpo I think. I’ve been feeling tired and run down and yesterday woke with a sore throat/chest, still feeling rough today, everyone has been saying take Daynurse cold flu remedy but I have been holding out to see if I am pregnant or not. Glad I didn’t take it and now!

Mystie Wed 13-Nov-19 09:03:22

@KediKat ahh so happy for you! Definitely rest up and stick to paracetamol, lovely news, thanks for sharing 🥰

burntpinky Wed 13-Nov-19 09:38:11

@KediKat - massive congrats!!

Gah, so, yesterday I felt really nauseous all morning to point where had to go out and get some mints (worked for me last time with morning sickness) so decided to buy an early test too even though it was probably too early. Did test in loo at work - BFN - then threw up twice in afternoon so was hopeful I might be pg but was just too early to show up on test.

However, got home and had the runs all night and into this morning - like chronic - every 30 minutes or so, so think it was just a stomach bug!!!! Very annoying!!!

Russkispy Wed 13-Nov-19 12:22:41

@KediKat congratulations! Rest up as much as you can!

KediKat Wed 13-Nov-19 12:59:26

Thank you @Russkispy @burntpinky I am on the sofa watching TV, I have dad and DH looking after me, both very happy with my news! I can’t help but be scared to feel too excited, I am 44, this will be my first child and I will be 45 when due! I had a mmc in February at 8 weeks, I am terrified of that happening again.

Burnt pinky I hope you feel better I had that couple of months back, takes a lot out of you. 🌹

Starlight39 Wed 13-Nov-19 14:08:13

Congratulations @KediKat!

@burntpinky sorry to hear about the stomach bug - annoying that it got your hopes up.

Can I sneak in? I'm 40 and ttc my second (first for my DP who is 43). I had a miscarriage at 6 weeks in June then a MMC at 8 weeks in September.

So this is basically cycle 1 this time around (I had a normal cycle last month but we didn't try - DP was working away for most of the time), I'm CD16 and no positive ov test yet which is normal for me as I tend to ov a bit later. DS (7) asked for a sibling this morning!

Mystie Wed 13-Nov-19 14:22:01

@Starlight39 welcome! I'm 43, 3 DC but hoping for a 4th (first with new partner, 26) had a MMC at 7 weeks in early October, this is first cycle, currently 4dpo, been temping and tracking LH with opks hoping for a positive next weekend 🤞🏼

Starlight39 Wed 13-Nov-19 14:30:51

Good luck @Mystie - hope the 2WW doesn't drag too much. And sorry about the MMC, it's heartbreaking.

I just did an OPK at work and got a very nearly positive. So I'm hoping tomorrow's will be properly positive. I haven't been temping as I struggle to remember to do it first thing!

Mystie Wed 13-Nov-19 14:34:32

@Starlight39 yeah it is a pain! My sleep is so much worst since I starting temping as I'm always so conscious of oversleeping and anxious about seeing the result! Good luck with your opks, hope tomorrow is the day!

Liissaa Wed 13-Nov-19 15:41:40

I’ve been taking 300mg of ubiquinol twice a day. Also dha which is also supposed to support egg health. I read a blog post about it by Luisa Zissman and thought it couldn’t hurt to try xx

Starlight39 Wed 13-Nov-19 16:08:44

@Mystie I found that too while temping, I was constantly waking up thinking "do I need to take my temp??".

@Liissaa so 600 mg ubiquinol a day? I think I might need to up what I'm taking. Does that work out quite expensive?

I'm taking ubiquinol (only 100mg or 200 mg I think), proceive vitamins, royal jelly, propolis and evening primrose (only up to ov). DS and DP are hmm at the amount of pills I'm taking!

Chatbash72 Wed 13-Nov-19 17:26:02

@KediKat congratulations 💕
@burntpinky ohhh so sorry you have nasty bug
Welcome @Starlight39
Ooh @Liissaa I take the pregnacare vits, 400mgs of the Co enzyme q10 but am tempted to up it.. good blog though

Chatbash72 Wed 13-Nov-19 18:07:35

Although @Liissaa Luisa is in her 30's still

Liissaa Wed 13-Nov-19 19:01:44

I’ve been buying them from amazon. It is a bit pricey but I’ll try anything. I have been reading lots around vitamins. I’ve been taking the boots conception vitamins too. I read that the ubiquinol and dha can take up to 6 months to have a real effect. I did get pregnant after 6 weeks on these tablets but unfortunately that ended in a missed miscarriage at 12 weeks. Things haven’t been right with my body and cycle at all since then but I’m plodding on, taking the tablets and hoping that they will do some good when my body eventually decides to settle down. Just about to read fertile by Emma Cannon too. Hoping to get some tips there as well as following the_dietologist on Instagram and Facebook. She has a fertility friendly Facebook group that you can join which is diet related. Xx

Alarica Wed 13-Nov-19 19:47:35

Congratulations @KediKat hope you're having a nice relaxing evening xx

Liissaa Wed 13-Nov-19 20:41:37

Massive congratulations @KediKat !
Xx

KediKat Wed 13-Nov-19 21:05:09

@Starlight39 @Chatbash72 @Alarica @Liissaa thank you thank you🥰
I have been taking it easy and still feeling rough within this cold, have taken 2 paracetamol but my runny nose and cough is killing me!

I wasn’t taking any supplements apart from folic acid (for 18 months now) and 400mg vitamin B2 for migraines. Last week I was thinking about getting ubiquinol/coQ10 when I thought this month I was out, I thought maybe I was lacking something. Today I started taking Pregnacare original as I still have over a pack left from earlier this year.

Chatbash72 Wed 13-Nov-19 21:29:52

@Liissaa I follow Emma on instagram she is amazing

Liissaa Wed 13-Nov-19 21:38:09

Thank you @Chatbash72 I will definitely follow her too xx

twinkledag Thu 14-Nov-19 09:22:49

Congratulations @KediKat!

Can I ask how many times people DTD a month?

Chatbash72 Thu 14-Nov-19 11:50:44

@twinkledag about a dozen, but we tend to not just do it on Ov days.. don't want it to be just about making a baby x

Starlight39 Thu 14-Nov-19 14:21:29

I think I'll definitely up the ubiquinol if this isn't our month. And I'm going to look up Emma Cannon. At the moment, I'm just generally trying to eat healthily and a portion of full fat dairy each day.

@twinkledag in terms of ttc we aim for sperm meets egg plan which is basically every other day till a positive OPK then 3 days in a row then back to every other day. But we do have times where DP is working away and we don't see eachother so much. I guess it works out around 15ish times a month.

I got a v nearly positive OPK yesterday (2pm ish) and told DP to stay where he was working as coming home would have been a 3 hr drive each way and a 4.30am start (which he had already done Mon eve/Tues morning!) and he was exhausted. I thought I might get a strong positive today but it wasn't so I'm not sure what happened. Maybe I just missed the full surge as i hear it can be only a few hours so maybe I should do 2 OPKs per day. I'll have to hustle him into bed ASAP tonight and hope we haven't missed it or that the sperm from Tuesday night have hung around long enough. I occasionally get EWCM but haven't had any yet this month so that's no help. I'm wishing I was temping now. I'll keep doing OPKs anyway in case it just hasn't happened yet.

twinkledag Thu 14-Nov-19 14:39:18

Omg much more than me then 😂

Liissaa Thu 14-Nov-19 16:02:32

Since my mmc I haven’t really been seeing any ewcm. I know that could mean I’m possibly not ovulating properly yet. I was thinking of trying pre seed this month just incase I am ovulating but have no ewcm to help things to stay where they should be. Has anyone here been using it? Is it worth the money? X

KediKat Thu 14-Nov-19 16:46:31

Thank you @twinkledag 🥰
😊 nearly every night but not when AF shows up! We’ve only been together just over 2 years and married within 3 months of our relationship beginning. I guess we are still in the honeymoon phase 😊

twinkledag Thu 14-Nov-19 16:57:55

We've been together for 17 years, married for 9 and have suffered 4 failed ivf cycles over the past 3 years so the passion isn't what it was ☹️

Chatbash72 Thu 14-Nov-19 23:08:16

Well no smear for me, nurse says because of miscarriage need to wait 3 months but had my last one 3 years ago she was impressed with my promptness.. can't say I am sorry.. am in I'm the ov zone so didn't need to throw that out.. xx

Starlight39 Fri 15-Nov-19 12:49:02

That's good you can wait a bit for a smear @Chatbash72 and not disturb ov!

@twinkledag, I think it's the timing rather than the frequency that's most important so I wouldn't worry. I definitely find it less sexy when we're like "we HAVE to have sex tonight"! Sorry to hear about your failed IVF cycles, that must be incredibly sad and stressful.

@Liissaa I have preseed but have just ocasionally used it as a general lubricant so not much help. I think fertile CM can also be watery so doesn't have to be EW. i didn't have any EWCM this cycle (second after MMC) but don't normally get much - just to say you aren't alone with it!

NicLondon1 Fri 15-Nov-19 17:58:03

Welcome @Starlight39 and Congratulations @KediKat! Amazing news.

I'm out this month. 11dpo, BFN and no pregnancy symptoms. So just waiting for AF to arrive... then have decided to try Superovulation IUI starting next week.
Has anyone done this, or know any success stories...?

calmcat Mon 18-Nov-19 16:09:11

Hi ladies, i am joining up to this thread as i need a bit of support. I am 40, had my first pregnancy in August and then missed miscarriage discovered at 7 week scan at EPU after spotting. Physically i am better. But i am now struggling emotionally, i am desperate to be pregnant and i ovulated 2 weeks after the miscarriage but my partner wanted to wait a month to make sure i was better which was so frustrating and he doesn't understand how i feel, time is running out on my egg quality. My period came on time and i was devastated and he didn't understand why. We are about to hit the fertile window for this month now and i am tracking ovulation, but i am so scared it wont happen and i have left it too late at my age. I had a fertility MOT 2 years ago when i was single and thinking about IVF alone and my results were all great but eggs age and its 2 years on and i feel some comfort that my partner has agreed to go to that clinic if we haven't conceived by Feb when i will be 41 - this means we only have 2 shots (my cycle is 31 days). I feel like the only thing that will make me feel better is falling pregnant again, it is all i can think about. I have been tearful, snappy and irritable, twice to strangers in public, then i feel guilty for days. I'm struggling but i'm not dipping into anxiety which i do sometimes suffer from so i know the signs and how to seek help. I am still exercising and diet is moderately ok.
Has anyone else been here, any stories to share? I am sure i am not alone, it just feels like it.

Mystie Mon 18-Nov-19 16:19:04

@calmcat hi lovely, I think I recognise you from the May board? I'm so so sorry about your loss and all that has followed. I miscarried in early October and am now on the TTW for first cycle since but am really not feeling that hopeful to be honest. I am 43 so a few years older than you and know the clock is ticking but it's not impossible. Hold on to the fact that you fell pregnant in the first place that is such a positive and we are supposed to be extra fertile after a MMC so fingers crossed for both of us. I know how it feels to be all consumed by it, it really is all I've thought about since the day of my D&C but if af turns up this week I'm really going to try and take a different approach for the next cycle. Minimal tracking and no early testing! Hopefully with all the distractions over the Christmas period it will be easier to put to the back of my mind. I really feel for you, I know exactly how you are feeling! Sending virtual hugs 🤗

calmcat Mon 18-Nov-19 16:30:17

@Mystie you are right about the May board, i remember you too. Thank you for the kind words, it means an awful lot and I am sorry to hear about your loss too. I need to pull myself together as all this sadness cant be good for my hormones and ovulation. You are right we both conceived and that is a great sign, we know our endometrial linings are good enough for implantation, which is fab. The consultant I saw 2 years ago for my fertility MOT told me that egg quality matters most not age (although obviously age comes into it) and it only takes 1 healthy egg and your body does its best to ovulate a good one each time. Here's to this one being a good one for both of us.

Mystie Mon 18-Nov-19 16:37:10

@calmcat you absolutely don't have to pull yourself together. You are entitled to grief and be upset for as long as it takes. Going through a loss and then going straight back into TTC is hugely emotional. Be kind to yourself and try not to put too much pressure on yourself, maybe book a nice weekend away so you have something to look forward too. I'm here whenever you feel like you're having a wobble or just want to vent x

Liissaa Mon 18-Nov-19 16:50:39

Hi @calmcat
Sending so much love to you. I had a mmc in May, also at 40, also with my first pregnancy. I met my partner late in life but would love to have a family with him. I wouldn’t wish this on my worst enemy. I’m now 41 and still trying. I had a bit of a bumpy ride afterwards in that my body didn’t settle for ages and have only had 3 periods since then but hopefully now back on track. Some days I feel strong and other days I just don’t. I’m also about to hit a fertile window this month and like you, know that the only thing that will help me to feel better is to be able to get pregnant. My own mam had a mmc at 40 and went on to have a healthy baby at 41 who is now 24 and beautiful. I hope that I can achieve it as she did. My worry is that it won’t happen and I’ll feel this way forever. It’s sort of comforting to know I’m not in my own with this xx

Chatbash72 Mon 18-Nov-19 16:55:01

@calmcat you do bit need to pull yourself together... allow yourself to go grouch all those emotions, that is far better for your body than holding it all in... so sorry for your loss... try not to put the time constraints on yourself... as it only leaves you 2 cycles.... are you taking a good lot of vits to aid egg quality? Sending lots of hugs and welcome back.. sorry under rubbish circumstances but 💕💕💕💕

Realitysucks Mon 18-Nov-19 18:26:47

OMG took me a week to find you all 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

twinkledag Mon 18-Nov-19 18:47:04

Thank you @Starlight39 😔

Realitysucks Mon 18-Nov-19 18:51:01

Hey ladies so couldn’t work out what happened to last thread but im blaming @BooseysMom 🤣🤣🤣 who was the last to post and broke it 😉

Hope you are all well and hi to all the newbies! So I am officially 18 weeks today ! Have felt the baby move every day for the last couple of days too! Only some slight fluttering, but definitely bubs! DH felt it on Friday night too although he was getting frustrated last night as bubs not playing and I could feel but he couldn’t 🤣🤣🤣

I’ve read through all the new posts. @Russkispy I hope you’re as ok as you can be x you too @Chatbash72

@calmcat hi, I’m 41, 42 in January and currently 18 weeks. I have 1 DS (17.5) and had 2 mcs. In November 2018 I was exactly where you are now. I had first round of ivf in jan 2019 and second in March 2019. Both failed. In August we were due to go back for final round and 3 days before I found out I was 2 weeks pregnant! This was after a gin infueled 2 week holiday in Kefalonia! Don’t panic ! Is what I’m trying to say you have time even now. And it can happen on its own it may just take a bit longer that’s all. Ours took 1 year exactly l!

Chatbash72 Mon 18-Nov-19 19:12:49

Ohhh @Realitysucks I thought I had tagged you but ha e just seen that I didn't sorry.. so pleased all is ok..

Chatbash72 Mon 18-Nov-19 19:13:20

@Realitysucks can you think of anyone else we need to tag ?

KristieP2018 Tue 19-Nov-19 06:15:35

Hope all you ladies are doing well. Having a really long cycle and have stopped testing so no clue where I am. Hugs to everyone xx

BooseysMom Tue 19-Nov-19 06:39:21

@Realitysucks.. omg was it me who broke the thread?!! shock just typical!! I don't post here much anymore and when i do, i go and break it. Lol grin

Hi to all and welcome to the new ladies. Congratulations @KediKat flowers

Now i hope this doesn't break the thread again!confusedgrin

Realitysucks Tue 19-Nov-19 07:40:50

@BooseysMom ha ha they its nice you’re still here though! How are you all ok? X

@Chatbash72 I think we are all here now lol.

@Cleozeta are you here ? Hope all is ok with you? How are you feeling ?

BooseysMom Tue 19-Nov-19 09:10:55

@Realitysucks.. ah thanks! It's sad i know but i can't quite let go. It's like leaving a little family! Even if i can't conceive, i can hopefully be of help to some on here.
Love to all x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »