Talk

Advanced search

11DPO and still getting BFN :( is there still a chance this cycle?

(197 Posts)
HalfPenny28 Sat 02-Nov-19 07:10:07

I’ve been testing since 8DPO and have had consistent BFN and a couple of evap lines. Since we BD I’ve had consistent cramping - particularly bad around the time implantation would be happening but I’m worried I’m looking for symptoms! Has anyone else got their BFP after 11DPO? I feel like I’m going mad!

HalfPenny28 Sun 26-Jan-20 16:23:54

@rosie990 ignore me 😂 AF has well and truly started!

HalfPenny28 Sun 26-Jan-20 08:53:38

@rosie990 ohhh what tabs is your other half taking?

So AF never started... 🤔 and I've had no more spotting since. Is it even possible to implant that late though? Thinking best case here and not the more likely situation that af is just around the corner.

I have the Prosecco chilling as we speak! Haha I'm 99.9% sure I'm out so I've got my cup on order too! Bit confused as to how I'll get it in but I'll give anything a go at this point!

rosie990 Sat 25-Jan-20 15:20:35

@halfpenny28 sorry to hear she has arrived but as you say onto this month and a potential November baby.

I have thought about tempting but it seems very complicated.

I took your advice and looked up using a menstrual cup and I brought one.

This month I have tablets for both of us, fertility lube and a menstrual cup.

My other half says let's just go for it 8 days straight so we will see. Cant do much more than that.

I take it your opening your bubbly tonight?

HalfPenny28 Sat 25-Jan-20 10:25:10

@rosie990 AF had started I think so I'm out! On to next month! DH has bought one of those sperm checking tests off Amazon as I think he's worrying bless him.

I'm going to try temping this month! Just so annoying!

Here we go for a November babe 🥰💪🏼

HalfPenny28 Fri 24-Jan-20 12:56:53

@rosie990 yeah I think they are just a mentstral cup actually.

I can't pin point ovulation but I think I'm due on this weekend and still getting bfn's so I'm just gunna focus on next month.

I'm okay smile trying not to let it get to me. I just find each month harder and harder and worry it's taking longer and longer.

I'm going to open a bottle of Prosecco when af arrives though! Haha how are you my love?

rosie990 Wed 22-Jan-20 08:25:19

@halfpenny28 your not out yet I am keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Yeah I have been looking at foods to add to my diet.

So they are usual a menstrual cup? That's a good idea tbh because its trapping the sperm in place.

I may give that a go too. Tbh I was thinking about one for the obvious reasons.

I am spending so much money on tablets and everything so one more item wont hurt.

Yes my cycles are longer so I would also be looking at a November baby if we got lucky this month.

How are you feeling in yourself xx

HalfPenny28 Wed 22-Jan-20 07:23:44

@rosie990 I know 😟 just got to keep trying - I'm pretty sure it's not happening this month, 5/4 days away from AF and no sign of a bfp.

We've been using preseed so far but I might give conceive plus a go! Oh good idea about foods - I might do the same!

I've also heard people using little af cups after DTD filled with preseed (or something like it) to encourage them to swim correctly 😅 don't know if I'm there yet but worth a shot!

Onto February it is! Would that make it a November baby potentially?

Silvafamily18 Tue 21-Jan-20 21:32:50

@rosie990 didn't test more as had decided to wait see if AF showed and it. Never have I been so regular in my life as after stopping BC. Fingers crossed 🤞 for this cycle

rosie990 Mon 20-Jan-20 11:52:54

@halfpenny28 awww dont be disheartened or disappointed I know it's easy for me to say and I can honestly say I feel exactly the same but the more we let it take over the more pressure your putting on and the longer it will take.

We need to stay positive and hope next month is our month. Have you tested again today?

This month I have brought convieve plus lube and looking at food which encourages implantation so I am going to make changes there

Keep your head up your not out yet xx

HalfPenny28 Mon 20-Jan-20 10:23:21

I don't think it's happening this month 😔 I just can't understand what we're doing wrong. I know it can just take time but it's so disappointing every month!

HalfPenny28 Sun 19-Jan-20 19:04:26

@rosie990 I think you're right, something to look forward to will be nice and take my mind off ttc!

Stupidly I tested today at 7/8 dpo max! Obviously negative.

I've had an ache today but literally every month I think I have cramps and still get a bfn so never take symptoms as a sign now.

I just worry so much that there's a reason why we're not conceiving 😔

rosie990 Sun 19-Jan-20 14:40:14

@halfpenny28 I am with you.i dont know how I will feel. My first pregnancy was so smooth i worked up to 3 days before my due date. Knowing my luck this time will be hard.

Ttc I also never imagined feeling all the emotions I feel. It literally takes over your life. Again my first was a surprise so i know it would be harder actually trying.

Not going to lie i am enjoying it but its draining.

I think we both have to plan things. Your both turning 30 why dont you plan a weekend away? If your pregnant you can relax if needed, especially if you stay in uk.

I have heard alot of people using conceive plus lube, have you heard of it?

Almost test time, how do you feel? X

HalfPenny28 Fri 17-Jan-20 11:06:20

@rosie990 I know exactly what you mean, it's such a massive part of our lives now it feels like we just both focus on have a baby the time.

I'm 30 in August and so is my husband and we wanted to do the exact same thing but don't know how I'll feel if we are pregnant soon!

I just always thought ttc would be simple, I didn't think it would always be quick but didn't know how much it would take over!

We can keep each other positive 🙂 this year it will happen and by NYE we'll look back and think why were we worrying so much! 😅

rosie990 Fri 17-Jan-20 09:52:25

@halfpenny28 I am completely with you on the putting your life on hold situation.

I am 30 later this year and I want to go away even in the uk but if I got pregnant in the next month I would be about to drop 🙈

I am just scared of the tension this causes I get so disheartened and dont want to discuss it with my partner because it's so consuming already and then get told I am "hiding my feelings"

I know trying for a baby would be hard buti didntexpect the mental drain I feel

Lets me strong though and carry on. This year will be our year xx

HalfPenny28 Fri 17-Jan-20 09:32:49

@rosie990 I'm so sorry 😔 it's bad enough without the pain and heaviness!

It will 100% happen for us I'm sure - Just got to pick ourselves up and try again next cycle 🤞🏼 I hope the pain doesn't last too long 😩

It's getting so tiresome putting everything on hold though! I want to book nights out and holidays but can 'just in case' and it's so hard.

rosie990 Fri 17-Jan-20 09:01:04

@halfpenny28 I came on this morning it is so heavy and full of clots which is not like me and my normal flow.

My partner thinks something could have been working but failed hence the heaviness but I dont know. It's very painful which again isnt like me.

I have had periods since I was 8 and this is by far one of the worst and I am not even 25 hours in Haha.

All we can do is keep trying if it isnt our lucky time. It will come I am sure of it xxx

HalfPenny28 Thu 16-Jan-20 19:23:01

@rosie990 oh my love I'm so sorry 😔 I don't want to give you undue hope but it may just be too early to test.

It's so heartbreaking seeing one line so I completely sympathise.

Just hang in there until af is due and see what happens, I know that's easier said than done.

I don't feel like it's worked for us this month either - feel completely normal. Af is due in 9 days so I might test early when it gets to 6 just to stop myself thinking I might be!

rosie990 Thu 16-Jan-20 18:53:52

@silvafamily18 hope your doing ok? Have you tested any further?

Fingers crossed for you

@halfpenny28 how are you? I tested yesterday at 9dpo it was negative. My boobs are killing me and I have had some bleeding today so i am so down feeling like shes on route. 😪

Silvafamily18 Tue 14-Jan-20 17:56:06

Hi everyone first time posting here, could use some help. My boyfriend and are kinda trying for baby#1. Both want kids he would rather wait for our lives to settle a bit more, but seeing how much the want to be a mama is hurting me he's indulged in see what happens.
I gave up BC in November, had my first natural AF in December, and this month is my first time TTC and I'm going crazy.
Got a BFN at 9 DPO currently on 11DPO and not symptoms except some dizziness and lack of appetite, and most recently when i go to bed some dull cramping in my lower abdomen but it could just be my mind.
Sorry for the venting, but i got no ine to talk to.. 😕

HalfPenny28 Mon 13-Jan-20 17:22:11

@rosie990 I know 😩 some days it feels impossible.

Sore boobs does sound like a good sign but I 100% know what you mean that you don't want to get your hopes up.

I'm going into each month now thinking it probably hasn't happened and that it'll just be a nice surprise if/when it does.

rosie990 Mon 13-Jan-20 06:05:52

@halfpenny28 I know exactly what you mean about being relaxed.

You dont ever want to feel like it's a task I think that's what upset me.

My period is due on sunday. I have the most painful boobs and I have done for days.

My partner is getting his Hope's up and i am trying to say that since ttc my body has played more tricks on us than ever so dont be excited because I will upset again.

Why is it so hard.....

HalfPenny28 Sun 12-Jan-20 20:54:34

@rosie990 we've tried to be a bit more relaxed this month as I was getting sick of dtd when it became like a task.

I'm just coming out my fertile window and I think I ovulated either today or will tomorrow so dtd once more tonight then we're done for this cycle.

I know what you mean about seeing another negative test. I feel like I'll never see a second line at the moment.

Think I'm due on 29th so will wait and see but it's draining!

How do you feel this week?

rosie990 Fri 10-Jan-20 08:13:37

@squigletchocolatepotato how are you getting on? As penny says it could be implantation

@halfpenny28 I am positive well trying to be. Officially into the 2 week wait. Period is due next Saturday so I wont test until then because I will be gutted if I see negative earlier than needed.

How have you been? What is your plan for this month? Sperm meets egg or just go with the flow?

HalfPenny28 Tue 07-Jan-20 18:05:58

@SquigletChocolatePotato I think it could absolutely be implantation depending on how heavy/long the bleed was. Apparently HCG doubles every 48 hours or something so maybe test in a couple of days? When's af due? Fingers crossed for you 🙂

SquigletChocolatePotato Mon 06-Jan-20 23:20:33

Hello ladies, I hope you don’t mind me joining your thread. This is my first ever post on MN, although I’ve been reading the forums for a long time! My OH and I have just started TTC and are currently in the 2ww on our first cycle.

I just wanted an opinion if possible. It’s so hard not to obsess over every tiny ‘symptom’ isn’t it?! My cycles are usually 30/31 days long and I’m currently 13DPO. I used clear blue digital advanced OPK so I know when I ovulated. I did a hpt at 11DPO and got a BFN, is there any chance I could still be pregnant? AF is due Weds or Thurs (so 15 or 16 DPO).

The only thing that’s making me second guess is that I’ve had an odd thing happen that I’ve never had before....at 12 DPO I felt a sudden ‘fanny gush’. Sorry, that’s way tmi but it’s what I call it to my OH when I get a sudden run of CM, normally when I’m ovulating blush. I thought it was odd coz I knew I wasn’t pregnant coz of the negative test, and it was only 2 or 3 days before AF. Anyway, went to wipe and the paper was covered bright red. I figured AF had come a couple of days early, even though that’s never happened to me before, I’ve had a few weird late periods in the past so I know it’s not too unusual for them to do odd things. But what’s odd is that I went and put my cup in, then took it out the next morning (this morning) and it was empty. Absolutely nothing. Not a spot. And I’ve had it out all day today and not a drop of spotting. Could that have been an implantation bleed? Or would the fact that it was fresh red colour rule that out? One other thing which is definitely not normal for me, but could have been due to something else (like something I’d eaten maybe?) was that the day before I got the little gush/trickle of red I’d felt on 2 occasions that I was being stabbed in the lower left side of my abdomen. A bit like I’ve felt a couple of times around ovulation but about 1000 times stronger. Enough to actually be PAINFUL, to make me double over and not move. But 1min later and it would go. My head is saying it could have just been trapped wind hmm but another part of me is saying that it’s not normal and I’ve never had it before!

I’m driving myself insane, I can’t think about anything else confused I was silly and took another test this afternoon which was also a BFN but it was the middle of the day after lots of drinks so I was just being foolish really. I want to stop over thinking this, but I can’t help it!! It’s so hard to just be chill about it and let what will be just happen!

Sorry for the long post, I’ve already bored my fella with talking this through with him 2 times already but I can’t stop my brain from whirring confused

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »