Talk

Advanced search

11DPO and still getting BFN :( is there still a chance this cycle?

(192 Posts)
HalfPenny28 Sat 02-Nov-19 07:10:07

I’ve been testing since 8DPO and have had consistent BFN and a couple of evap lines. Since we BD I’ve had consistent cramping - particularly bad around the time implantation would be happening but I’m worried I’m looking for symptoms! Has anyone else got their BFP after 11DPO? I feel like I’m going mad!

rosie990 Thu 07-Nov-19 08:18:06

Yes I will check with my gp before ordering them.

I would love to keep in touch and see how you are both getting on 😊

Bestronger Thu 07-Nov-19 08:37:44

Me too! Since we are all similar sync I would love to know how we all getting on smile x

HalfPenny28 Thu 07-Nov-19 10:26:41

Ohh I might take a look! Ah would be lovely to have some buddies to chat to. Well af has just got me sad at work too so completely unprepared. I'm not surprise but still a bit gutted. On to the next cycle! X

Bestronger Thu 07-Nov-19 14:25:07

Sorry to hear that @HalfPenny28! AF got to me at this afternoon too
sad Oh well onto the next cycle indeed! x

HalfPenny28 Tue 12-Nov-19 15:32:28

Just checking in to see how you're all getting on smile did you end up ordering those tablets @rosie990? smile I'm using my opks this month so got my fingers crossed for a lucky month for us all!

rosie990 Tue 12-Nov-19 19:30:05

@halfpenny28 all is well here. Ordered the tablets. My friend is a gp and she looked at the ingredients and said it looked ok.

They arrived yesterday so lets see how they go.

How are you all feeling. When is your next period due etc xx

HalfPenny28 Tue 12-Nov-19 20:31:19

@rosie990 that's exciting! I so hope they work for you! Next period is due 3rd December so we're going to start trying again in a couple of a days. I think I'm due to ovulate in around 6 days or so but I'll keep testing with my opks smile when's your next one due? Are you using opks to track ovulation? X

Bestronger Wed 13-Nov-19 08:46:09

Good morning ladies! Hope tablets works for you @rosie990! I have ordered Pre-Seed - Personal Lubricant very romantic(!) and Seven Seas - pre-conception supplement and they both arriving today so hopefully I will be well prepared for DTD which I will start on Sunday as I am away for a girls weekend.
My period is due on 2nd December (HOPEFULLY IT WON'T TURN UP...).

I am going to use OPKs to track of my ovulation this time too smile@HalfPenny28 x

Boocat19 Wed 13-Nov-19 09:00:50

Hi All, this is my first ever post and I could really do with some advice and reassurance. Husband and I have only been TTC for 2 cycles. I had a mirena coil removed in September so I’m re-learning my cycle. To help with that Ive been using OPK. I think I’m an average 28 day cycle so based on this, I should have ovulated around day 14. What’s confusing me that some ovulation calculators say 31st October ( cycle day 14) and some said said 3rd November (cycle day 16/17. In fact I got my LH surge on Saturday 2nd so I assume I ovulated on Sunday or Monday- I think I felt symptoms on Monday which would be day 18. So by my working, I am 10 dpo and only 2 days from af. I’m finding this hard because tests are bfn and I seems odd to be 10 dpo and only 2 days before af.

Assuming that my cycle in fact varies between 28-30.

This is a frustrating game eh!
Thanks!

HalfPenny28 Wed 13-Nov-19 10:23:36

@Bestronger haha yes I also have pre-seed for this cycle  ah we must ovulate quite closely to each other. Tested with opk this morning and was blank (to be expected as 5 days off from ovu yet).

@Boocat19 hi! smile in all honesty the cycle days thing has always confused me slightly so I tend to go off two apps I use, Flo & Clue. I also will use opk tests this cycle. This is our second cycle trying so I know how frustrating it is! My only advice would be to use your opks (twice a day in some cases at 10am and 2pm if possible) keep track of your periods, and I have also invested in pre-seed lubrication and various vitamins which prepare you for pregnancy. I was super stressed during our 1st cycle so this month I'm trying to be less so but we'll see haha

Going to start ttc again tomorrow onwards I think until my opks show negative again.

Good luck 💐 and feel free to vent and keep in touch here 🙂

Bestronger Wed 13-Nov-19 10:45:35

@Boocat19 I used clearblue website to follow my ovulation dates but I would advise you to use OPKs to follow and keep track when is your ovulation is and you will know when to do DTD. I didn't last month but this month I will and keep track of it so I know what my body is up to.

@HalfPenny28 we are definitely close to our ovulation dates and period. Lets hope pre-seed will do it job and let sperms roam quickly to our target grin

Boocat19 Wed 13-Nov-19 11:07:35

Thank you! It’s nice to know that others are feeling that way too.

My OPK is the clear blue digital and it want let you do another test once you get a peak fertility smiley. Maybe I’ll combine with something else.

Thanks again everyone, I appreciate it!

Bestronger Wed 13-Nov-19 12:17:33

@Boocat19 I got clear blue digital OPK but I haven't use it yet as it is pricey for using OPKs a lot so I got cheap ones too so I will combine them both! x

HalfPenny28 Wed 13-Nov-19 21:59:54

@Bestronger oh I might invest in a CB digital one too I think! Just to be sure!

rosie990 Fri 15-Nov-19 06:14:45

Boocat19 I was using g ovulation tests but I became obsessed since coming off the pill I have never ovulated when suggested by apps (roughly day 18 to 22) I usually have a 32day cycle.

Do what you think is best hopefully you wont be a phsyco Sally like me.

How is everyone else? I am on cd 9 and my partner has been poorly for the past week 😪 good job we ovulate late.

HalfPenny28 Fri 15-Nov-19 08:22:13

@rosie990 yeah I'm interested to see what my okps show compared to my app. Oh no 😟 wish him a speedy recovery! In all honesty I'm getting a bit fed up sad ttc is starting to feel so regimented but I can't help but do all the tracking and checking. I've got friends who fall pregnant at the drop of a hat and say to just let it happen when it happens but it's easier said than done! My FLO app says I'm due to ovulate in 3 days and still getting bfn opk so I'll see in a couple of days what they say. How you feeling this cycle? Xx

rosie990 Fri 15-Nov-19 12:28:51

@halfpenny28 I am interested to hear what your ovulatiom tests say too.

I completely know what you mean you start to overthink everything and worry why is it not happening. Or at least I do.

I fell without knowing with my son and now we are trying it's scary because it isnt instant.

Our time will come. I am not due to ovulate until the last week in november according to my app.

What is your plan dtd every over day during fertile period or every day. I see people do it all so differently xx

HalfPenny28 Fri 15-Nov-19 14:37:45

@rosie990 well my app says im due to ovulate on the 18th (another app says the 19th) so I'm currently in the fertile window and dtd every day at the moment. I might even go a day or two after my window to be sure haha but I'll see how I feel 😂 I know a lot of people dtd every other day but I just feel better doing it every day - tends to make me less stressed that I've somehow missed it! I'm hoping I'll start to see positive opks from tomorrow! Is this your second cycle trying? X

rosie990 Sat 16-Nov-19 13:59:03

@halfpenny28 hopefully it goes well this month. This will be my third cycle trying this month. How about you? Xx

HalfPenny28 Sun 17-Nov-19 19:54:16

@rosie990 fingers crossed smile although dtd every day is genuinely exhausting confused not sure I'll do the same next cycle if we're not lucky this month. This is cycle 2 for me - I've promised myself not to test until I'm 10dpo this time though as I drove myself mad last time testing & cost a small fortune. I've just got the cheap ones off the internet to test with this time!

Opk is nearly as dark as test line today and due to ovulate tomorrow so I think the app is nearly bang on! I'll test again tomorrow to make sure it is as dark!

HalfPenny28 Mon 18-Nov-19 07:37:37

So my app says I'm due to ovulate today. This is my OPK from this morning... is it dark enough for a positive today? Or do you think I might ovulate tomorrow instead?

Bestronger Mon 18-Nov-19 08:49:50

Good morning both! This will be my second cycle too. I have DTD last night even tho my OPK test shows a line and a half but apparently someone said it is ok to DTD before ovulation as it is more chance of getting pregnant. I am going to be chilled this month and no obsessed with pregnant symptoms this time... (I hope)

@HalfPenny28 I think that is positive enough as I think you are going to be due to ovulate today. Why not do the test again this afternoon and see what it says? x

HalfPenny28 Mon 18-Nov-19 12:56:23

Same sort of line this afternoon but I think you're right! Yeah I'm not symptom spotting this month either, just going to wait and see. Drove myself barmy last month thinking I'd get a bfp! I'm so hopefully for you both this month @Bestronger @rosie990! I'd love for us all to get out bfp!

Have you ovulated when expected this month?

rosie990 Mon 18-Nov-19 13:10:23

@halfpenny28 looks strong to me. About to ovulate I think. Just keep dtd and you will be fine 😉

I hope we get our positives too. According to my calender I am going to ovulate next wednesday or thursday so I am just going with the flow this month.

If it works I will blame the tablets i have brought but we will see. I am hopeful until aunt flo arrives xx

HalfPenny28 Tue 19-Nov-19 07:41:25

Well my opk from this morning definitely looks light than yesterday so I think I've ovulated and it was bang on with what FLO said so I've regained confidence in the app. We're going to dtd today anyway just to be sure but it looks like I'm now in the tww! Wish me luck grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »