Talk

Advanced search

Think I may either be pregnant or losing my marbles

(27 Posts)
possiblydelusional Fri 17-Aug-07 09:28:15

am a regular namechanger.

Two weeks ago I had what I considered to be my period. lots of cramps, a bit of heavy bleeding, but then after two days all that stopped. I just put it down to a short period; I've had them before so no big deal. Although dh did also comment on it when I said that I'd finished.

Anyway, since then I've had on/off abdominal cramps, increased cm, almost as you would get when ovulating but for longer, and ... sex has felt different somehow. Then in the past day my boobs have started to get increasingly sore and I've been feeling nausious after meals.

I do get sore boobs pre af, but I'm only on cd16 now so this is way too early.

I know the answer is to go and do a test. But I have done tests before after my af thinking that maybe I could be.. so rI don't want to do a test when I know that it should be negative if that makes sense.

We've been ttc for three years so realistically I know I'm probably just losing the plot.

someone slap me?

pirategirl Fri 17-Aug-07 09:33:37

oooooooooh, sounds a bit weird to me. I wonder whats going on.

You say you have had short periods before, so its mainly the sicky feelign thats different? Perhaps you somehow 'know' without knowing.

get a test today!!

Nbg Fri 17-Aug-07 09:35:01

Thats exactly what happened to me with this pg.

Had a really short period, lots of cramps and then sickness.

You'll just have to do a test. Put yourself out of your misery!

jess1996 Fri 17-Aug-07 09:38:59

This happened to me last month. I had a slightly shorter than normal AF, but I had two days of proper bleeding with cramps so I didn't think too much of it. 12 days later I noticed that I had lots of creamy cm which was more like post-OV than pre-OV for me. I was also feeling really nauseaus and had indigestion. I actually did an OPK as I was expecting to be coming up to OV time. It gave such a strong line and I knew that OPKs also pick up HCG so then I began to wonder if I was pregnant. So I did a HPT (thinking I was going mad) and I got a really strong line. Unfortunately the story doesn't end happily. I went to my gp and mentioned the earlier bleeding/af so fortunately she sent me for a scan. It turned out to be ectopic and within a few days I ended up having surgery. I'm well on my way to recovery now, but I'm so glad I did the pregnancy test, even though I thought it was madness at the time.

Anyway, I don't want to scare you, but from my experience if you think it's possible that you are pregnant, then I think it is best to test and find out for sure. I was told by my doctor that having an af in early pregnancy may be just implantation bleeding, but it can also mean ectopic.

possiblydelusional Fri 17-Aug-07 09:40:52

oh god. I'm going to have to bite the bullet aren't I?

Nbg Fri 17-Aug-07 09:47:24

yes you are

possiblydelusional Fri 17-Aug-07 10:02:37

dh says no.

That it'll all end in tears.

That I should just wait and see if af arrives on cd28 or there abouts.

and then test a week later if not.

NAB3 Fri 17-Aug-07 10:03:16

Test now. esp if it could be ectopic.

belgo Fri 17-Aug-07 10:03:57

I think you should wait. Nothing really suggests to me that you could be pregnant.

As you've said, you've had short periods before.

belgo Fri 17-Aug-07 10:04:43

do you have a history of ectopic pregnancy?

possiblydelusional Fri 17-Aug-07 10:09:14

no, no history of ectopic, never had a m/c, and have one dd who I found out i was expecting under very similar circumstances ie had a day of bleeding then nothing. So I suppose one of the things that has me thinking is the similarity.

belgo Fri 17-Aug-07 10:10:39

if you feel like you did in your last pregnancy, then maybe you should test.

looneytune Fri 17-Aug-07 10:24:41

I say test. Try not to get too disappointed if it's a BFN but if you are pg, you want to mention the bleed to the Dr just to be on the safe side

Good luck whatever you decide!

belgo Fri 17-Aug-07 10:35:44

if you test let us know...

looneytune Fri 17-Aug-07 10:41:42

Oh yes, make sure you do!

looneytune Sat 18-Aug-07 14:24:20

How are you today? Did you decide to leave it or test?

coggy Sat 18-Aug-07 15:06:13

Urm...............do I know you???!!!

<<suspicious and hopeful!!>>

possiblydelusional Sat 18-Aug-07 20:23:12

hello.

well have decided to wait. But today am feeling extremely nausious but maybe that has something to do with the fact that ILs are staying? .

I have no tests in the house, I like to keep it that way, so will try and hold out for another week and see whether af arrives early (sore boobs this early on would mean af arriving early if not pg) and if af not here by cd28 will test.

<<<waves to coggy>>>

popsycal Sat 18-Aug-07 20:30:49

Oh gosh.
I could have written this. Cant be bothered to change my name. I have tested (several times) and it was negative.......

Hope you get the answer you want

coggy Sat 18-Aug-07 21:09:52

So I do know you???

How exciting......I love a mystery!!!!

looneytune Tue 21-Aug-07 11:41:20

Are you still waiting?

MerlinsBeard Tue 21-Aug-07 11:43:50

did you test yet?

FoghornLeghorn Tue 21-Aug-07 11:45:58

This happened to me with DD2 ( I had 2 negative tests before a positive but I ws defo pregnant at the time)
Fingers crossed

FoghornLeghorn Tue 21-Aug-07 11:47:57

Oh Popsycal

possiblydelusional Tue 21-Aug-07 12:59:37

no, haven't tested yet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now