Talk

Advanced search

Trying again after an Ectopic Pregnancy

(2 Posts)
AshSiward Thu 10-Oct-19 23:32:55

Hi everyone, I wondered if anyone can give me some advice. I was diagnosed with an ectopic pregnancy at about 7 weeks and since then have been under ‘expectant management’ meaning I am being tested (bloods - hCG and progesterone) and scanned every second week to ensure the ectopic pregnancy is resolving itself (going away).

Have seen lots of treads of ladies who had tubes removed or had a shot of methotrexate but not many who’d gone through expectant management.

Wondered if anyone had had a similar experience and what their outcome was? Am very unsure of my tube heath (my right tube) and future changes to conceive...

Any input would be amazing!! Thanks xx

itwasalovelydreamwhileitlasted Fri 11-Oct-19 07:49:43

I've had two confirmed ruptured ectopics and unfortunately lost both tubes and doctors suspect one or more of my other miscarriages were ectopics which resolved itself as they tracked hcg falling but never found anything in my uterus

Do you know how high your hcg level got? If it was only very low then long term damage to your tubes should be minimal however you are at a much higher risk of having another ectopic

You should wait 12 weeks from when your hcg reaches 0 to try and conceive again to give your tube time to heal as it will have been stretched/injured by the ectopic implanting in it

My self resolving possible ectopics obviously did lead on to ultimately losing my tubes as obviously they just didn't work anymore so it was inevitable really that I'd go on to having more serious ectopics - the ones which ruptured were live ectopics so had a heartbeat (these all happened after I had DC1) x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »