Talk

Advanced search

First period after miscarriage

(13 Posts)
Mrskcam Thu 10-Oct-19 18:39:19

Hi all, just wanted to know what your first period after a miscarriage was like. I just had mine pretty much bang on 5 weeks since we lost the baby and I was reading online that your first period back is usually very similar to the miscarriage with it being heavy and horrible cramps but mine was considerably light ... even for me when I usually have 4 days with 1st and last day just spotting and middle two days very light flow like fill 1-2 pad a day. However my period came, Friday brown sporting, Saturday 1 pad, Sunday and Monday pink/brown spotting. It just seems ... too light??

MrsH497 Thu 10-Oct-19 19:46:10

Hey my first period after MC was just like a normal period no heavier no clots and to be fair my MC was similar not much bleeding and no pain.

It varies so much I found emotionally it was harder to deal with physically nothing like what I'd read up on like you've said.

Hope you're ok x

Mrskcam Thu 10-Oct-19 20:07:26

@MrsH497 I have to admit when I saw the blood it took me back to a not very nice place sad I'm just a little confused as it's lighter than my normal period but my mc was horrendous I was hospitalised for 3 days because of it. I'm a little scared that my next period is gonna be a bad one because this one was so light and short. Sorry to hear about your mc x

MrsH497 Thu 10-Oct-19 20:15:22

@Mrskcam it does take you back to that horrible place I felt exactly the same.

If you are concerned maybe see your gp? Personally never found them sympathetic about MC.

It's an awful "club" to belong to but I get how you feel. It took me 2 weeks off sick and until reasonably recently to feel more positive. I found being open with friends helped and so many had also been through mc.
So sorry about your mc sounds like you really went through a lot xx

rosamundos Thu 10-Oct-19 23:23:03

I’m sorry you’ve been through this OP. I am the same as you, very light period (25 day cycle - usually 28). I had a scan the day before it came just by chance and they said the lining looked thin but not to worry, it can be all over the place after MC. My next period came bang on my 28 day cycle and was normal flow.

Michellebops Fri 11-Oct-19 06:50:14

I was the opposite my first period was absolutely awful. I had to wear 2 pads then swapped to maternity pads, and spent 2 days in bed with a hot water bottle crying and in extreme pain. It's got better as the months have went on, but so random now.
Last week my period came on the Monday, 12 days late then again it came yesterday 11 days into new cycle.
Hate being a woman

Mrskcam Fri 11-Oct-19 10:33:33

Help please; I decided to take some tests even tho I just had my period as it just seemed unusual and I just don't feel right and this is what came up. I'm not sure if that's evap or not cuz it's just two faint lines at the edges of where a second line would be. If I am then that would mean we caught off the one time we've had sex since September 16 but surely I would have dark lines by now and no period ?? Confused at what my body is doing. I don't feel pregnant as such I just feel ... different. Plus getting mild cramping today ugh

Mrskcam Fri 11-Oct-19 10:34:21

Help please; I decided to take some tests even tho I just had my period as it just seemed unusual and I just don't feel right and this is what came up. I'm not sure if that's evap or not cuz it's just two faint lines at the edges of where a second line would be. If I am then that would mean we caught off the one time we've had sex since September 16 but surely I would have dark lines by now and no period ?? Confused at what my body is doing. I don't feel pregnant as such I just feel ... different. Plus getting mild cramping today ugh. Bottom is last night top is this morning.

Michellebops Sat 12-Oct-19 14:17:15

Sorry just seeing this.
Did you definitely have negative tests following the miscarriage?
What you thought was your period could have been old blood.

However I would be phoning the gp on Monday and mention faint positive tests and ask for a beta hcg test to check for levels and confirm it that way.
Based on your history it shouldn't be a problem ❤️

Mrskcam Sat 12-Oct-19 17:08:15

@Michellebops yes I had a negative test after my miscarriage and I had it confirmed by the hospital as I had an unrelated surgery 2 weeks ago. My period was bright red but even brighter than normal somehow so I don't think it was old blood. Do you see the lines too? I was wondering if they were evaps... think I might pop out and get some more just to check cuz last time I had stroke positives in the night so I'll do one tonight and one in the morning

Michellebops Sat 12-Oct-19 18:07:32

They are faint but definitely there.
Definitely try another even tomorrow morning

Mrskcam Sat 12-Oct-19 18:35:25

Top was yesterday morning and bottom was just now. I will try again in the morning with fmu but not sure if I maybe had a dodgy test yesterday or if my pee is too diluted today so I'm no closer to knowing lol @Michellebops

Michellebops Sat 12-Oct-19 21:01:49

I don't think those tests are the best to be honest. But they must work as they wouldn't be on sale.
The limbo mode is horrible.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »