Talk

Advanced search

Concieving on maternity leave - reaction of work colleagues?

(5 Posts)
Nelly325 Thu 10-Oct-19 16:13:53

I have an 8 month old , due to go back to work when he's ten months. I'd like to have a sibling close in age to him. We concieved really quickly first time around but my dh has low sperm count. For this reason we are TTC now ( in case it takes a while) . Just wondering if anyone has experience of getting pregnant before returning to work and how this was received? ( just curious in case this happens for us) My work has been v good to me and I hope it wouldn't be viewed negatively, just interested in others' experiences.

itwasalovelydreamwhileitlasted Thu 10-Oct-19 17:54:10

I think even if it is viewed negatively there isn't much they can do about it so I doubt you would get much of a reaction publicly

timshelthechoice Thu 10-Oct-19 18:19:00

There isn't much they can do about it and they can't even react negatively as you could then use it against them. It's a bit of a crap thing to do, though, IMO.

1WayOrAnother Thu 10-Oct-19 18:24:22

It no one else business when you get pregnant. It's entirely up to you and its such a personal decision you should ignore everyone else's opinion. People will always have opinions, good and bad so why worry?

Disney1010 Thu 10-Oct-19 18:31:49

I returned at the end of July from maternity leave with DD (she was 9 months at the time). The day I returned I found out I was pregnant with #2 (planned). I told work when I was 10 weeks and they seem fine with it. Like PP have said, there's nothing your work can do about it. Check your maternity policy re maternity pay, I think the standard is you need to be back for 3 months to qualify for maternity pay again.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »