Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Getting my Implanon removed

(8 Posts)
Theresad Sun 12-Aug-07 11:07:52

I am going the docs this week to have my implanon removed.
I have not had an AF since DS2 was conceived and he is now 6 1/2.
I think what I am asking is how long do you think it will take to conceive this time, I have not had problems before but we are now older (and wider)

derah Sun 12-Aug-07 18:25:33

Hello! Had mine removed in March, used other methods through the rest of March and April, then was pg in June. Good luck!!

Theresad Sun 12-Aug-07 19:52:51

Thanks derah
I am not looking forward to periods after such a long time, but it is in a good cause!

Olihan Sun 12-Aug-07 20:02:32

My dsis had hers removed in May and conceived on her 2nd cycle. She'd also had it in for a good 5 years.

Theresad Mon 13-Aug-07 08:27:37

Thanks Olihan
I am concerned about the amount of time it has been in and how long everything will take to return to normal, so both of you have helped me relax a bit about it now.
I already have my age and weight against me for starting again so at least this is not another thing against me.

Olihan Mon 13-Aug-07 09:20:12

Theresad, my dsis is also about 4 stone overweight and it doesn't seem to have caused her any problems.

scorpio1 Mon 13-Aug-07 09:26:15

my df didnt even have a period and was pg, my other df is not pregnant after 6 months. i think its a personal thing, iyswim?

Good Luck

Theresad Mon 13-Aug-07 10:34:19

Thanks all, just waiting for a phonecall fron the nurse now, she starts work at 10.30.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now