Talk

Advanced search

OPK as pregnancy test??

(19 Posts)
queenqueenqueen Wed 14-Aug-19 11:43:26

Ok so I know I'm an idiot for asking this, guess I'm desperate ☹️

I'm 1 day late but had a negative OPK which I've read on here can be used as a pregnancy test, I'm thinking I'm definitely out. Anyone got any stories to make me feel better??

Did you test the OPK as HPT theory?? Did anyone get negative OPK then a positive HPT??? #clingingontohope

CheesecakeAddict Wed 14-Aug-19 11:46:22

I only got a smiley face on an OPK when I was ovulating. Nothing when I was pregnant. Try a real pregnancy test

queenqueenqueen Wed 14-Aug-19 11:48:43

I can't bring myself to do that ☹️ just had so much disappointment already, can't take another negative test so going to wait for AF now

queenqueenqueen Wed 14-Aug-19 11:50:33

Im just using One Step ICs which I think are more reliable as HPTs.
Maybe I ovulated late this month xx

CheesecakeAddict Wed 14-Aug-19 12:32:42

What are one step ICs?

queenqueenqueen Wed 14-Aug-19 12:55:57

One Step is the brand but IC stands for internet cheapies x

Ginmonkey84 Wed 14-Aug-19 14:31:35

Mine was blazing positive when I got pregnant

queenqueenqueen Wed 14-Aug-19 16:33:52

That's what I mean, reckon I'm out. 👎🏻👎🏻👎🏻👎🏻

Bloodylegoeverywhere Wed 14-Aug-19 16:38:02

I'm sure I got a definite positive opk when I was pregnant with one of mine previously which surprised me and I was pregnant.
You can have another attempt at a surge before af, this was my stick today (it did get a bit darker but it's not a very strong line) I'm due tmrw.

Bloodylegoeverywhere Wed 14-Aug-19 16:39:29

You are not out till af arrives really....@queenqueenqueen wink

rubyroot Wed 14-Aug-19 17:19:47

I had positives with opk fairly early on. Went out and bought preggo test and confirmed positive

rubyroot Wed 14-Aug-19 17:21:05

I also used one step

queenqueenqueen Wed 14-Aug-19 17:51:18

Weakened and bought a test, BFN 👎🏻👎🏻👎🏻👎🏻

queenqueenqueen Wed 14-Aug-19 17:51:48

Good luck bloodylego xx

Bloodylegoeverywhere Wed 14-Aug-19 18:11:12

Thank you, that's annoying. Maybe you ovulated late hence you are later with your af?

queenqueenqueen Wed 14-Aug-19 18:55:32

God knows whats going on 😟 I've given up tracking it all as it's just so bloody stressful. Might start again this month -- AF will come im certain of it. Been almost 12 months for me so pretty much feeling like shit

Bloodylegoeverywhere Wed 14-Aug-19 19:26:08

It is so stressful and rubbish mentally and emotionally! I did the sperm meets egg plan, used opks, took complete vitamin b complex, yoga, gave up drinking, and stuck a pillow under my bottom for half an hour after each time Think that was enough. grin You can also try pre seed, acupuncture, reflexology etc.
Vitamins for your other half?
There's books out there called taking charge of your fertility.
Have you been to the doctors as it's been a year?

Bloodylegoeverywhere Wed 14-Aug-19 19:28:05

I track mine with my rhr on my Fitbit and with cm each month this time round. My rhr starts to rise as the ovulation week starts.
Sometimes it is better to not track and see how it goes. I found tracking it was a good way to just dtd those few times each month and then we could have a break till the next month!

queenqueenqueen Wed 14-Aug-19 20:19:16

I'm going to have a go at the diet this month, and try and get back into my running which has all but dropped off this month with it being the holidays 🙈 thinking of starting to temp and opk again and really step it up a gear as I'm honestly starting to get really down about it all. trying to conceive #3 but cos we have 2 lovely little ones DS. & DD already I've been playing the "oh I'm not too bothered" card to my DH and even to the GP 🤦🏻‍♀️ when it's actually really starting to upset me. I want this so much 😟

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »