Talk

Advanced search

Clear blue how sensitive? Pos on FRER Neg on CB

(15 Posts)
Ellabella234 Tue 13-Aug-19 10:19:16

I got a faint pink second line on FRER yesterday at 1230pm and now no second line on a CB test this morning (not my first morning wee though). How reliable & sensitive are CB? I'm frustrated I couldn't get another FRER chemist had run out and just wanted another confirmation/faint or darker line x

Michellebops Tue 13-Aug-19 10:51:23

Frer are the most sensitive at 6miu

I think clearblue are 25miu

When Is you af due?

Jemima232 Tue 13-Aug-19 10:54:43

CB are not as sensitive as FRER.

If you get a very faint line on a FRER you won't get a positive CB until AF is late.

When is AF due? I can see the line on the FRER.

Ellabella234 Tue 13-Aug-19 12:14:37

Just gave in and found somewhere else that sold FRERs and just did another test with one, no line. I drink a lot of water though as I'm still breastfeeding, so I'm unsure what to think now. If I had a faint pink line yesterday do I take that as a positive? And now today's tests my wee was too diluted for the low level of hcg to show? Argh!😩xx

Divgirl2 Tue 13-Aug-19 12:19:21

How many DPO are you? I think unfortunately you're just going to have to wait until tomorrow and test again.

Ellabella234 Tue 13-Aug-19 12:26:39

@Divgirl2 My cycles aren't quite on the dot but usually 41 days long. So I guess I am about 12DPO judging by my Clue app using an average 41 days cycle. AF due tomorrow/next few days ? X

Michellebops Tue 13-Aug-19 14:19:09

Wait a few days and test again

Jemima232 Tue 13-Aug-19 15:45:02

Test with FMU (First Morning Urine) tomorrow or Thursday.

Your first line was very faint and you've said that your second FRER was taken using dilute urine - that makes a big difference.

Good luck.

jaysnr Tue 13-Aug-19 16:27:57

HCG levels double every 2 days so maybe wait until tomorrow or the next day and test with a FRER in the morning x

Jemima232 Wed 14-Aug-19 12:29:02

Hi OP. Did you take another test?

Ellabella234 Wed 14-Aug-19 12:38:54

@Jemima232 No second line with FMU. Rang gp who wanted me to get bloods done this morning and again Friday morning. When I got home from having blood test I did another FRER at 11am, and there was a faint line again (photo) but it's fainter than Monday's pink line I think? Not sure what's going on. I do drink a lot of water as still breastfeeding toddler. Any thoughts? I made another thread actually, asking people's experiences Cos I'm flapping now! Am I or aren't I! No bleeding or cramps (Chem preg) x

Ellabella234 Wed 14-Aug-19 12:40:07

Won't let me attach photo of 11am test x

Jemima232 Wed 14-Aug-19 13:09:43

Hi Ellabella234

If it's a chemical pregnancy you may not bleed till your AF is a week late. Typically bleeding with a CP occurs between weeks 4 - 5 of a pregnancy ( 2 - 3 weeks after conception )

However as you're not exactly sure when AF is due it may also just be the case that you're very early on and the lines will be very faint if so.

I think getting the bloods done via your GP is an excellent idea.

Hope you get good news. Have you had a CP before?

Jemima232 Wed 14-Aug-19 17:15:08

Have you had the blood test results yet EllaBella?

Fatted Wed 14-Aug-19 17:19:13

Wait a few days and then test with the first wee of the day.

I had a positive on first response (are they the ones in a pink box?) with my youngest and then a negative on clear blue digital the same day. Waited for a few days and then had a BFP on both.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »