Talk

Advanced search

Implantation bleeding AFTER bfp

(7 Posts)
HopefulFor2020 Sat 10-Aug-19 14:59:28

Is this possible? I got a pretty strong bfp on a frer yesterday at 11dpo and just now I had a smear of very very pale pink discharge when I wiped. Could this just be implantation or is it likely to become a 'chemical'? I always assumed that as implantation bleeding would (obviously) happen at implantation there wouldn't quite be enough hcg for a bfp but am I wrong on the timeline?

I did have some bleeding in early pregnancy last time which turned out to be nothing so maybe I'm just getting unnecessarily worked up over this

ShippingNews Sat 10-Aug-19 15:09:29

Implantation happens between the 6th and 10th day after ovulation , so it's possible that the pink smear could be from implantation.

HopefulFor2020 Sat 10-Aug-19 15:13:20

Timing is definitely right but is not weird to get a positive and THEN have some implantation bleeding? I've been a crazy person googling images of IB and it looks exactly like that. I'm now checking the ruddy test every 5 mins convinced I read it wrong.

I think this TTC lark has really pushed me to the edge!

GrimDamnFanjo Sat 10-Aug-19 15:21:26

Would it not have taken some time to, er, work it's way out?
During pregnancy all kinds of odd things happen particularly early on - aches pains etc so try not to worry too much!

RedPandaFluff Sat 10-Aug-19 15:24:59

Hi @HopefulFor2020 - I had proper red bleeding for around four hours when I was 5+3. I was devastated and convinced I was miscarrying. I'm now 20 weeks and saw a healthy baby at my scan a couple of days ago!

At the time I posted on here because I was so worried and got loads of replies saying bleeding in early pregnancy is really common, lots of women have had this. It COULD be a bad sign but there's a strong chance everything is fine.

Congratulations and good luck!

HopefulFor2020 Sat 10-Aug-19 15:57:57

Logically I'm sure it's fine but thank you for the reassurance. I wasn't like this during my last pregnancy but I'm so convinced something is going to go wrong this time and I haven't even had a chance to tell DP yet!

mila1988 Wed 14-Aug-19 16:43:25

My implantation happened in my 6th week after 10 BFPs! So yes it can happen. I'm now 16 weeks smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »