Talk

Advanced search

Sperm Meets Egg #2

(822 Posts)
Makingawish Wed 07-Aug-19 15:55:03

Here's thread #2! I'll add who I can think off the top of my head for now...

@AllHopeAndNoResults @Carley321 @Skyla01 @tinyole @VenusStarr

Makingawish Wed 07-Aug-19 15:57:08

@RachRainbow

AllHopeAndNoResults Wed 07-Aug-19 15:59:35

🤗

AllHopeAndNoResults Wed 07-Aug-19 16:01:25

@Makingawish did you have mild cramping straight after ovulation?

tinyole Wed 07-Aug-19 16:02:37

Such great news @Makingawish soo happy for you 🥳🤩😱🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳

RachRainbow Wed 07-Aug-19 16:05:12

@Makingawish thanks you

Makingawish Wed 07-Aug-19 16:09:25

@AllHopeAndNoResults I did actually! Well, a couple of days later. This time last week actually and I was only thinking about it on the way home funnily enough.

Makingawish Wed 07-Aug-19 16:09:59

Thank you @tinyole! I'm still going to be cheering you all on from the sidelines!

AllHopeAndNoResults Wed 07-Aug-19 16:14:09

@Makingawish so was that straight after ovulation? Did you feel periody, do you know what I mean?
Tbh I don’t know why I’m asking it’s just not written in the stars for me.....even YouTube told me it wasn’t meant to be 😂

Makingawish Wed 07-Aug-19 16:16:20

@AllHopeAndNoResults YouTube told me it wasn't meant to be and my DH was cheating on me yet here we are!

Yeah like very mild period cramps. Have had them on and off since then tbh.

AllHopeAndNoResults Wed 07-Aug-19 16:19:01

@Makingawish tbh when I started the thread I prepared myself for most likely being the only one that wouldn’t successfully conceive so it’s imbedded in me now.

Was it mild as in barely there? Lower back pain? You did say that didn’t you actually?

Makingawish Wed 07-Aug-19 16:29:49

@AllHopeAndNoResults You're not out yet! Keep the faith!

Yeah like barely there to the point if I was walking round or something I'd be oblivious but when I'm sat concentrating I could feel it.

AllHopeAndNoResults Wed 07-Aug-19 16:37:18

@carastarchild we are on a new thread now.

@Makingawish I’m way too early to feel anything so I’m putting it down to AF. Mild cramping and mild lower back ache. All those according to dr google are signs of successful implantation BUT as I say I’m too early I’m only 1dpo so I’ll assume it’s AF

I know what you mean about keeping faith and I’m really trying but it’s just hard to after not conceiving after so long.

Anyway I don’t wanna bring the mood down. You’ve had fantastic news today and you are a SMEP statistic well done you!!

Makingawish Wed 07-Aug-19 16:38:58

@AllHopeAndNoResults I'd say it was too early for AF! Your body doesn't even know if it's going to allow AF yet so surely it won't be throwing out symptoms. Get your good luck DTD done on Thursday then wait and see 😊 I wonder if it was SMEP or PreSeed which done it...?

AllHopeAndNoResults Wed 07-Aug-19 16:47:34

@Makingawish yeah I know 😭😭 so it wouldn’t be implantation either.

I reckon it was both combined, some methods work for some. You just have yourself a really good chance by using both and it certainly paid off!

Makingawish Wed 07-Aug-19 17:18:50

@AllHopeAndNoResults you're doing exactly the same that we did so you're in with as much of a chance as we were!

I'm really scared to get too excited because it's my first BFP and it would be too good to be true to work out well 😕🙈

Skyla01 Wed 07-Aug-19 17:38:52

Whether it's smep cycle 1, 2 or 3+ we all need to keep positive that this will work for us!

Carastarchild Wed 07-Aug-19 17:46:23

Sorry ladies 💜 I was a so scared all weekend, so was trying to keep myself busy. I feel pregnant and I have no bleeding. Then again the last time I was pregnant was a long time ago, so who knows.

I got a faint positive on Tuesday and I have been anxiously waiting to retest tomorrow morning before I can let out a sigh of relief. I had a chemical pregnancy last February, so I am scared that when I test again it might be negative 😐 Still no sign of AF, so that's a positive.

HappyGirl86 Wed 07-Aug-19 17:54:33

Hi ladies, is it ok if I join? Sorry to jump in mid thread!
My friend told me about the SMEP and I wanted to try it. I've just come off my pill last month and just finished my first period today.
Could anyone advise.....does it "harm" the process if I DTD before CD8? It's dh's birthday tomorrow so I think he would appreciate some action haha!
I really don't want to mess up my chances this month though smile
Thanks!

Skyla01 Wed 07-Aug-19 18:19:24

@Carastarchild congratulations! Another bfp! I hope this pregnancy works out for you, it must be an anxious time.

@HappyGirl86 welcome! Not at all I think the more DTD the better! Do you have any idea what kind of cycle to expect off the pill?

Carastarchild Wed 07-Aug-19 18:42:54

@Skyla01 I am scared to be honest. I just took a pic of the test from yesterday 🤞

Carastarchild Wed 07-Aug-19 18:45:41

Welcome @HappyGirl86 💐💜💐 here is a pic of my chart.

HappyGirl86 Wed 07-Aug-19 18:49:32

Hi @Carastarchild pleased to read your happy news!  will keep positive thinking for you! smile

@Skyla01 thanks for the welcome! I've taken my pill for 3 years, since I had my little girl, so not totally sure how my cycle will be, but previously it was very average. My period has lasted 4 days.

AllHopeAndNoResults Wed 07-Aug-19 19:10:44

Sorry I haven’t seen all the messages. I took a nap 😳 I dreamt about AF again! Same as I did last month!

@tinyole you are right. Sorry to have brought the mood down, I’m ok now 😊

@Carastarchild oh wow that deserves a congratulations! However I understand your anxiety so I won’t get too excited for you until you have a solid confirmation. This is good though, another BFP 🤗

@HappyGirl86 hey, welcome! No as @Skyla01 said it won’t do any harm, especially not at that stage. The more the better, what other methods are you following? Temping, OPKs, ect. Any supplements?

@Makingawish and @carastarchild I forgot to ask earlier and couldn’t be bothered to read back from the beginning of the other thread 😂 what cycle was you guys on and was it both your first time with SMEP (makingawish) I know it was yours.

Carastarchild Wed 07-Aug-19 19:19:42

@allhope we first tried SMEP in January and got a very faint line, which my hubby couldn't see 👀 tested again the next day and it went a bit darker. Then it went lighter and lighter. I have attached my chart from then. We followed the SMEP plan, as best we could from then on, as I saw that it worked.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »