Talk

Advanced search

A question about pregnancy tests

(10 Posts)
ShakeysGirl Mon 30-Jul-07 16:03:18

Im new to mumsnet and wondered if anyone had any advice for me please.

A week ago on friday I did a pregnancy test (Superdrugs own brand) we are trying for a baby but I didnt feel pregnant I only did the test because I was in bed with a stomach bug and if theres a test in the house I just cant resist weeing on it!It appeared to be negative and I just left it on the side in the bedroom and went back to sleep. When I looked at it in the evening - a good few hours later, it was positive.

I bought some more tests the next day, and over the course of the week did them.

2 cheap £1.50 ones from wilkinsons came up negative.

There were faint lines on some superdrug ones. And faint lines on 2 clear blue ones. But these didnt come up within the allotted times.

I went to the doctors on thursday and she decided to send off for a test, the results were due today but I was late in calling them and they wouldnt tell me them.

Yesterday I did a superdrug test in the morning which was negative until the eveining and had turned into a dark positive. Again not within the allotted times though. And 2 negative superdrug ones.

Ive had sore boobs but I think my mind might be making that happen. My heads all over the place and I dont know what to think.

Any help?

Peachy Mon 30-Jul-07 16:05:49

No idea but active convo's moving fast today so bumping for you

ShakeysGirl Mon 30-Jul-07 16:06:43

Thank you

WigWamBam Mon 30-Jul-07 16:14:51

It could be an evaporation line, it could just be the way that particular brand of test reacts after a period of time. You can't rely on the tests being accurate once the recommended time for reading them has passed.

Stop buying pregnancy tests now, and wait for the results from the doctor - you will drive yourself demented if you keep taking test after test!

ShakeysGirl Mon 30-Jul-07 16:21:33

Thanks for replying, I know I should stop taking them as im only driving myself mad. Ive almost convinced myself that im not pregnant but then a 'what if' wonders into my mind.

Peachy Mon 30-Jul-07 16:45:08

BTW if you really need to doa nother try a clearblue digital

Thelittlesoldiersmummy Mon 30-Jul-07 16:46:31

When is your period due?? best bet is to wait until the doc results. All the tests say that they are not correct if read after the correct time so would ignore them!

ShakeysGirl Mon 30-Jul-07 16:58:41

I came off the Depo in January so my periods havent returned yet so have nothing to time anything by. I know its just a case of wait and see. I made the mistake of telling people after the first positive test so now I will have to tell them that I jumped the gun a bit and may have made a mistake.

mazzed42 Wed 01-Aug-07 11:20:26

I'VE HAD A LOT OF PROBLEMS WITH TESTS TOO, I HAD RECENTLY DONE A CLEARBLUE WHICH CAME UP AS A FAINT NG THEN THE LINE JUST WENT BLURY OVER TIME! PERHAPS IT WAS FAULTY BUT IVE ALSO HAD A LOT OF FALSE NG RESULTS WITH MY LAST PG AND SHE IS NOW 6YR OLD!
BASICALLY IVE DONE DOCTORS TESTS IN THE PAST WHICH WERE WRONG TOO, THIS ISNT HELPING YOU MUCH IS IT!! IF YOU HAVENT HAD AN AF SINCE COMING OFF DEPO THEN U PROBABLY AINT PG...AND IVE FOUND TEST AREN'T ALWAYS RELAIBLE....IF THEY COME UP AS POSITIVE AFTER A FEW HOURS I WOULD IGNORE IT AS IT HAS GONE PAST THE TEST PERIOD....

ShakeysGirl Thu 02-Aug-07 17:06:58

Just to let you know that the doctors test came back negative, so ive decided to stop obsessivily testing and relax a bit. I think I was getting symptoms because i was looking for them. Thanks for your comments.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now