Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

internet cheapies...WARNING!!!

(32 Posts)
iliketosleep Wed 25-Jul-07 09:31:40

ok so i ordered some ebay cassette tests on thursday thinking they would be here friday but they weren't so i went and got a cb. It was a pretty decent line. Next day i went and brought a tescos own and again a pretty decent line!

Me being a POAS addict went yesterday and brought 2 cb digitals and another standard cb, took them all (in the middle of the day after numerous drinks) and got the biggest strongest line i have ever seen and 2 "pregnants"

anyway these tests appeared on my doorstep this morning and i figured there here and i like taking them so i went and took one. These apparent 10mIu tests that are so "sensitive" came up bfn now i know for a fact this isnt the proper reading!

Just a little warning for everyone

iliketosleep Wed 25-Jul-07 09:32:17

oh sorry, just gone back to it 15 mins later and theres the faintest line i ever did see

merrily Wed 25-Jul-07 09:36:39

which supplier did you get your cheapy tests from, just out of interest? I've got some from babymad.com that I'm using at the moment... my period is due in a couple of days - I got a negative this morning, but you have given me renewed hope!

iliketosleep Wed 25-Jul-07 09:39:59

I really dont want to say but it wasnt baby mad, I would go and buy a cb or a tescos own (£3.11!!) . I may have just recieved a duff batch, although i dont think alot of people rate the internet ones.

Sheherazadethegoat Wed 25-Jul-07 09:40:36

congratulations! - but you are a crazed tester, you can stop now!

Rainbowdays Wed 25-Jul-07 09:40:59

Did you check that they were actually the 10mIu ones, the internet company accidentally sent me the 25mIu ones by mistake. It should say 10MuI on the back of the packet. !

Rainbowdays Wed 25-Jul-07 09:41:35

By the way - huge congratulations!

iliketosleep Wed 25-Jul-07 09:43:20

lol i think i might now yes they are 10miu. I dont know if this is the right advise to give but i have taken alot of these internet ones and never had an evap line on them and believe me ive looked!!! Chances are if any sort of line turns up theres a chance ur pg. Again I dont know if that would be the right advise to give but in my experience thats what i think. BUT DONT TAKE MY WORD FOR IT lol

iliketosleep Wed 25-Jul-07 09:43:46

thankyou thankyou thankyou

Thinking Wed 25-Jul-07 09:48:45

Please post the company name, as I'm getting what I think are evaporation lines on some cheap pregnancy tests and I'll throw away the rest if I know it is a faulty batch.

iliketosleep Wed 25-Jul-07 09:56:36

can you see any sort of colour in the line and how long does it take for the line to come up? Im sorry im not going to post the company name as it isnt my place and i am not talking bad about the people that sold them to me just the people who make the tests. it wouldnt be right sorry!

iliketosleep Wed 25-Jul-07 09:58:31

im gonna post pics of the tests ive done and you can compare.

lissie Wed 25-Jul-07 10:01:00

ooh congrats! shall rethink my HPT buying habits now tho. when are you due?

iliketosleep Wed 25-Jul-07 10:03:14

around march-april i think im unsure of dates, gotta wait for dating scan and thanks

Piffle Wed 25-Jul-07 10:03:24

you may want to change your name
to

Iusedtolikesleep,nowIcannot rememberwhatitis...
Congrats

Thinking Wed 25-Jul-07 10:04:07

Thank you for the pictures to come.

The lines comes up coloured and in the right time frame but dry to grey and they are so flipping faint they are near impossible to see.

I understand what you are saying about test v shop but if there is a bad batch I would contact them direct and tell them and hopefully they will contact their customers.

Thinking Wed 25-Jul-07 10:06:00

Opps, sleep deprived brain here, I forgot to say...Congratulations on your bump, may you have a great 9 months.

iliketosleep Wed 25-Jul-07 10:11:25

thanks, I think ive done it!! let me know also that sounds like a bfp to me!!!

Piffle- its soooooo true lol

iliketosleep Wed 25-Jul-07 10:14:31

oh can i just add i took that picture after 30 minutes it was nothing like that in the time frame!!

iliketosleep Wed 25-Jul-07 10:40:23

anyone seen em yet?

Thinking Wed 25-Jul-07 10:46:21

They are lovely and clear, even the internet test.

I bought the strip ones and my evaporation are way fainter than that. Definately not an BFP for me,checked with an Asda test and that was blank as a blank thing.

iliketosleep Wed 25-Jul-07 10:53:45

lol blank as a blank thing! never mind, maybe test again in a couple of days, although the internet test was a definate bfn until about 15 minutes after i did it.

they say your not supposed to read them after 10 minutes so if i hadnt done the other tests i would assume myself not pregnant, i actually did another about 20 mins ago and thats (thinkings words....*blanker than a blank thing*) lol

iliketosleep Wed 25-Jul-07 10:58:46

and now ive taken the final one and got a lovely line within about 30 seconds......

hmmm these tests are very unreliable!!!!!

Thinking Wed 25-Jul-07 11:40:09

indeed.

But the good news is you are pregnant...yeah

iliketosleep Wed 25-Jul-07 12:02:50

oh yeah definatly ive already been window shopping Im just saying they are very unreliable and people could go and buy loads for pounds and possibly get false negatives when for a couple of quid more they could have a definate answer! point blank they are shite and i dont recommend em!! coming from a serial tester

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now