Talk

Advanced search

Anyone in the TWW???

(668 Posts)
RoRosmama Sat 15-Jun-19 14:16:15

Hi everyone,

So as the title says is there anyone in the TWW?
DH and I said we would try for number 2 after summer but whoops we've had a couple of slips. I looked at my ovulation app (which has never failed me before to get pregnant) and both times it was in my fertile days.

So here's the confusion.. I apparently was in my fertile days from 8th-13th June.
13th June being the day of ovulation. We DTD 8th June and 11th June. The last couple of days I have had very bad cramps low down. This can't be implantation yet so was it ovulation pains? My CM was snot like some of it thick but also some of it was slippery too sorry TMI!! am so confused, feeling I've missed the boat.
This TWW is stressful. I've never temped or taken OPK's as it's always been quite easy for me to fall pregnant (I've had a lot of miscarriages sad)
We are lucky enough to have a DD though.
DH is actually quite excited that we could be pregnant but I just don't know and feeling quite impatient!

Love to hear from you guys and your stories too!

Liv x

Treaclepie19 Sat 15-Jun-19 15:02:25

Hiya!
So sorry to hear about your miscarriages.
Sounds like you could be in with a chance this month! You could've ovulated a bit earlier?
I'm not tracking anything either. Currently on cd14 of 23 so likely ovulated a couple of days ago (short luteal phase)
We had one miscarriage, one 3yo and a little boy we lost (termination for medical reasons)
This is our first month trying. Hoping it will be an easy ride!

RoRosmama Sat 15-Jun-19 15:30:15

Hi Treaclepie19!!

So nice to hear from you. Gosh I'm so sorry to hear about your termination. It really is hard to go through things like this. Our miscarriages were before our DD we had 4 and then another one earlier this year. I seem to have it in my head I can't carry boys, no idea if this a thing or not!

When do you think you will be testing? I am due on 28th June. My cycle is around 32 days. Soooooo long to wait! Over the next week or so I know I shall be symptom spotting like mad confused

Treaclepie19 Sat 15-Jun-19 15:49:32

@RoRosmama thanks lovely. I was 22+4 when he was born. It's been so rough.

I've always wondered that about gender. My husband's mom lost a lot of babies before him and his brother.

AF is due 25th but I'm hoping to leave it a couple of days or with my short cycles I'll end up finding out and only being 3 weeks, or just disappointing myself.

RoRosmama Sat 15-Jun-19 16:07:42

@treaclepie19 You clearly have such strength! I can't even begin to imagine the pain you felt at that time.

Easy to say this I know but it's only your first month TTC (I'm totally impatient too and it should happen now!! blush)

Maybe we could test close together? I shall be testing 28th I think. Would be good to have someone to chat to in the TWW. I will probably post any symptoms, that's if I have any wink sure I can manage to find some, hah!

Here's to some BFP's for us!! Sticky baby dust to us ❤️

Treaclepie19 Sat 15-Jun-19 18:13:42

@RoRosmama you're so right, it feels like forever and it's only been a few weeks we've been trying 😂

That would be great, a cycle buddy smile

Haha I'm already finding symptoms and not even sure I've ovulated 😂 Crazy lady.
Off out with friends for drinks tonight so that should keep me busy 😁

RoRosmama Sat 15-Jun-19 22:52:58

@Treaclepie19 Hope you are having a fantastic time out and your mind is being taken off the dreaded TWW.
I'm currently lying in bed with a stitch in my side and shortly after I've written this I shall be going on google doing searches on symptoms 😂 clearly nothing better to do with my time. I shall call it some light bedtime reading, hah!

Do you know how to temp? Am I being dumb? Is it just a normal thermometer? I have one for DD that I use under her armpit. Could I use that? Have a digi one too but don't like it much though as I think it gives false readings. Should probably get a new one.

Treaclepie19 Sun 16-Jun-19 01:24:28

@RoRosmama thanks smile It was lovely thanks.

I did temping with our DS. So you need a thermometer that will give a reading with 2 decimal points (eg 36.43) and it should be done orally (or vaginally I think)
I bought a specific BBT thermometer because it saves your temp.
Needs to be done as soon as you wake up and before you move. Preferably same time everyday.
I read Taking Charge of your fertility which was really useful.

MrsHufflepuffMS Sun 16-Jun-19 16:25:06

Hi please someone talk to me. It's our first month TTC. I'm like a woman possessed. My period hasn't been regular for like 6 months. I felt like I was ovulating on the 7th but I got a positive ovulation test on the 14th. We didn't do the BD until the morning after then because we had friends over until late. So might we have missed it? Saying my body has been doing crazy things since the 7th, my boobs feel like they are full of water and are bigger. And I've been getting cramps in my tummy on and off for about three days. I was also constipated for no reason. My boobs have now got theses white patches around them... so I have a test telling me one thing and my body telling me all sort of other things.
Now I know I'm getting crazy lady level, please tell me I'm not the only one. If someone else says calm down it'll happen. I'll scream.

Treaclepie19 Sun 16-Jun-19 17:07:28

@MrsHufflepuffMS feeling the same way!

I have constipation too which is the opposite to normal so I'm wondering... I only really get it when I'm pregnant.
No chance is it down to pregnancy though because it'd be too early so I'm just going crazy.

MrsHufflepuffMS Sun 16-Jun-19 17:18:47

@Treaclepie19
So glad it's not just me. Yeah am normally the opposite as well.
I always thought there was a thing that like "when you know, you know"
And I had this feeling last week, the day after the baby dance ... which is obviously too soon to tell anything. But it was like a sence. So now I'm doubting if this is wishful thinking ... I hate not knowing. Let's stay strong....

RoRosmama Sun 16-Jun-19 19:51:39

Hi @MrsHufflepuffMS
It's not just you, don't worry! Today guessing I'll be 3dpo and I feel pulling down there and just all achy! My bowels are loose and for me that is not normal, I'm usually always constipated 😂
The TWW drives me insane!!

@Treaclepie19thanks for the advice on the temping, I'm thinking I might get one of these. How are you feeling today?

MrsHufflepuffMS Sun 16-Jun-19 20:01:23

Hi @RoRosmama see if i have any bowl problems, it'll be very loose. This is then first time in years I've had constipation. And last time it was due to a drastic diet change that (i realised the hard way) lacked fiber. I've not changed my eating lately.
With my boobs my husband and I both noticed a difference. But we could BOTH be looking for chances.
The worse part is I really cant work out when I ovulated for sure... I could be over a week in ...or only a few days. My ovulation has been so unpredictable since I suffered a family loss. I've record my AF for a few years, and it could be anything from 22 day cycle, highest its been is 44!!
I keep busy...but any free time is spent obsessing.
Good luck fingers crossed this is the month. Message me if you wanna stress rant. I think all I need to do is stress rant grin

Treaclepie19 Sun 16-Jun-19 20:12:06

@RoRosmama I'm okay thanks, just tired and driving myself mad wondering!
How are you doing?
I think next month I will track my bbt if no success this month.
Not sure whether we need to carry on dtd now. I'm cd15 and if it's a 23 day cycle then we won't need to... if its longer then we may. So confusing without knowing ovulation.

RoRosmama Sun 16-Jun-19 20:50:50

@MrsHufflepuffMS If your OPK came up positive from the 14th maybe test 2 weeks after that? Easier said than done I know as I just want to know now!! I'm
Going to test 28th June (well I'll try to hold out that long).
Irregular periods are so bloody frustrating!!!

@Treaclepie19 I feel utterly exhausted today. Like seriously tired! And I'm feeling all achy too. I'm thinking I could have possibly ovulated a few days earlier but I just don't know.
Also, defo DTD more, that way you have covered all grounds and also had some fun too 😜👌🏼

Treaclepie19 Sun 16-Jun-19 20:55:27

@RoRosmama it's my own fault! Didnt get to bed until 1.30 after seeing friends and then up at 5.30 with our little one.

Haha you're right! Shall soldier on ;p

Testing day feels so long away!

MrsHufflepuffMS Sun 16-Jun-19 20:55:59

@RoRosmama 28th would be the day I have to hold out for aswell. Very unlikely I'll hold out that long. I want to do a test know enough though I know it's not possible for it to be positive this long. I honestly feel like a woman possessed. I'm trying to chill I really really am. gringrin

RoRosmama Sun 16-Jun-19 21:32:29

I want to test now too!!! Arghhhhhh it's so bloody frustrating but I am thankful I have you ladies to chat to! St least we can all go bonkers together.
I keep looking at the calendar and and how long it is to test.
@MrsHufflepuffMS do you have any children or are you trying TTC your first?

How are both your symptoms apart from the constipation?

MrsHufflepuffMS Sun 16-Jun-19 21:48:19

@RoRosmama
I know I kept looking at my app re doing the maths lol.
This is my first. For the last few day's I've had dull aches in my lower belly, particularly on my left side. Today I've had a weird stinging, defo never had that before, it's not painful just stingy. Before that my boobs felt like they filled with water. They feel so heavy.
I keep going off food, like my stomach turns ? But I get anxiety, so feeling sicky is quite common for me.
Also my mum said she had white marks on her nipples with her three children. I have that kinda like bleach marks.
I just dont know how much any of this is wishful thinking ?

How about you?

Treaclepie19 Sun 16-Jun-19 22:08:10

It's so nice to have company! We will all be due to test around the same time smile

MrsHufflepuffMS Sun 16-Jun-19 22:16:02

@Treaclepie19
It's so comforting being able to talk to people smile

RoRosmama Sun 16-Jun-19 23:10:48

@MrsHufflepuffMS that sounds so promising that your mum had the white marks too! Looking real good for you!!! Isn't it annoying none of us truly know how many DPO we are 🙄 I'm literally wishing the days away.
So I'm having this ache in my uterus it's not tender but I'm very aware that it's almost sore. Like it's stretching, possible wishful thinking. I probably get that every month but don't actually notice it.

@Treaclepie19 having you both to talk to is definitely getting me through the TWW 😊

RoRosmama Sun 16-Jun-19 23:12:24

@MrsHufflepuffMS when I was pregnant with DD my first symptom that I noticed was my boobs felt full. They changed a lot. Sure they aches but it was the fullness that was a huge give away for me!

MrsHufflepuffMS Sun 16-Jun-19 23:39:44

@RoRosmama
It's funny you say that I have a kinda tightness around and above my public bone and low tummy. But then the tightness on the public bone I've had before. I asked the doctor about it presently and she said basically when we are due on everything down there separates, ready for a baby and sometimes you can fill the rubbing off that.
Maybe this is a sign of being close to being about to do a test?
I'm also getting a lot more fluid down there (sorry no pleasant way to say that)

The boob fullness started before I got the dark line on the ovulation test, so who knows what's going on?

We can get through this, I figure if it's a negative result we are going to be disappointed no matter how much we get our Hopes up. So we might as well embrace the madness right ? smile

MrsHufflepuffMS Mon 17-Jun-19 09:30:37

@Treaclepie19 @RoRosmama

The struggle today, I am so so so tired it's crazy. I think I'm kidding myself it I say I'm not buying a test today.

How are you both feeling?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »