Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

anyone taking angelicae?

(9 Posts)
Sheherazadethegoat Tue 24-Jul-07 16:25:47

desperation is forcing me down the 'alternative' route. just wondering if anyone had any experience of taking angelicae.

Thanks

domesticgrumpess Tue 24-Jul-07 17:02:15

Message withdrawn

Sheherazadethegoat Tue 24-Jul-07 17:24:17

emmenagogue!!! i shall call my next child by that name!

i am having acupuncture and am taking Dang Gui Wan and jia wei xiao wan both of which contain angelica and are to improve the menstrual cycle.

i think the theory is my cycle is sluggish so the use of an emmenagogue while shunt things along and get everything back on track.

domesticgrumpess Tue 24-Jul-07 17:59:32

Message withdrawn

manuka Thu 26-Jul-07 07:45:08

Dong quai will get your periods sorted but don't try to conceive whilst taking it as it is sometimes used as an abortifacient. Just use it to get cycles sorted first then ttc.
Accupuncture helped me to have dd after 2 miscarriages and then no ovulation.
Red clover is meant to assist fertility as far as I know. I'm not a herbalist.

Sheherazadethegoat Thu 26-Jul-07 11:15:16

oh arse now i am really confused. the acupuncturist really knows his stuff and has a fantastic success rate. this is me actively trying to get pregnant. i thought my cycle was fine but he reckons cos i get hormonal and period pains etc i need to take this stuff.

manuka Thu 26-Jul-07 15:41:28

He probably wants to get your cycle sorted first which wont take long at all with dong Quai as its extremely effective and fast acting. So take a short time to just relax and allow your body to get sorted and then when you stop taking them start ttc again.
Dong Quai is fantastic at stopping that hormonal horrid feeling.
If he's had a good success rate then go with what he's suggesting cos he obviously knows what he's doing. The other herb you mentioned may affect the emmenagogue action of the Dong quai making it ok to ttc whilst taking it.
All these plants are basically chemicals and on their own will have certain effects on the system. Once mixed with other chemicals from another herb those effects will be different.
He'll be able to explain the actions of the herbs if you ask him.

Sheherazadethegoat Thu 26-Jul-07 15:48:23

thanks! just got my period and phoned dh to shout at him for throwing out some celery so it obviously needs a wee bit longer to kick in! sigh!

manuka Thu 26-Jul-07 19:16:28

Aren't hormones a real shocker sometimes?!! I remember when I was pregnant how I felt amazingly free of the relentless cycle of moods. That must be how men feel always!!
Good luck with all your treatment it's always better if you can work with your body rather than against it I always think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now