Talk

Advanced search

Alcohol impacting bbt

(16 Posts)
megabustravelling Sun 02-Jun-19 08:25:50

Hello there I had a mc last month and have been tracking bbt since I got a negative hpt.

I went to a wedding yesterday and had one cider which I drank over 3 hours and finished drinking about 2 hours before I went to sleep. The rest of the day I drank water. My ff has given me cross hairs after I've had a 0.3 temp rise today and it says I ovulated on Thursday. Would the drink cause such a temp rise? I hardly drink at all (probably not since last August) so have no experience of temping after a drink.

MrsxRocky Sun 02-Jun-19 09:02:25

I didn't temp when ttc. We just carried on as normal but no contraception.
Week I got pregnant we were away on his business trip and I was plastered every night on cocktails so don't think it affects ovulation?

Whyhaveidonethis Sun 02-Jun-19 09:38:17

Alcohol doesn't seem to affect my bbt but I have read that it can do.

Whyhaveidonethis Sun 02-Jun-19 09:40:25

blog.naturalcycles.com/alcohol-and-your-temperature/

This link says if you have hangover symtopms it can affect it. I've never had a hangover in my life so that may be why it doesn't affect me.

polkadotpixie Sun 02-Jun-19 09:47:27

Yes, it can effect it. I think there's an option on fertility friend to mark that you were drinking and it disregard that temp

megabustravelling Sun 02-Jun-19 10:35:04

This is my chart for reference, temping from after negative hpts.

Whyhaveidonethis Sun 02-Jun-19 11:01:48

@megabustravelling

This looks fairly normal to me. I'm also 3dpo today.

megabustravelling Sun 02-Jun-19 11:11:36

The few days of watery cm makes me feel like it could be accurate - I don't have ewcm every month.

megabustravelling Sun 02-Jun-19 11:17:32

@Whyhaveidonethis fx for you !

Whyhaveidonethis Sun 02-Jun-19 11:21:31

@megabustravelling I don't either. Plus we dtd a lot this week as we were on holiday, so it was hard to tell! 😂

I had a chemical last month so like you I really want to get my sticky BFP this month.

megabustravelling Sun 02-Jun-19 11:29:53

@Whyhaveidonethis sorry to hear of your chemical. How long had you been ttc for?

Whyhaveidonethis Sun 02-Jun-19 11:37:04

Cycle 9 now. I have 3dc with previous partner though. I'm 41 this year so feel time is against me. How about you

megabustravelling Sun 02-Jun-19 17:38:22

Cycle 9, 30 and ttc number 1.

Just checked cm and I had a ton of ewcm. So temp was probably the drinking but here's hoping ovulation is on the way.

Whyhaveidonethis Sun 02-Jun-19 18:01:18

I've just had a positive OPK which I put in FF and it's changed to not ovulating yet this month and I'm not seeing my DP till Tuesday. I could honestly cry.

megabustravelling Mon 03-Jun-19 06:52:50

@Whyhaveidonethis so annoying! Remember they can live up to 7 days, it only takes 1!

Thoroughly confused today after ewcm yesterday. Had another high temp today (one usual for post ov) so it looks like I have ovulated but don't understand why I had ewcm after ov.

Whyhaveidonethis Mon 03-Jun-19 06:55:58

@megabustravelling it looks like you dtd at the right time then!! My temps are pre ovulation today and I just had another positive OPK so maybe I've not ovulated yet and tomorrow won't be too late. Fingers crossed for us both!!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »