Talk

Advanced search

Soooo does anyone know where my period has gone ?!

(23 Posts)
wellthisisshitisntit Fri 31-May-19 16:23:42

I am now 5 days late ...... I did a test three days ago and it was negative

I came off the pill two months ago and have had two consistent 23 days cycles

But this month I have zero symptoms - I have been under a hell of a lot of stress this month, could that cause a delay ?!! Getting worried now

bettymoo212 Fri 31-May-19 16:31:03

You may just have ovulated later this month. A couple of months ago my period was about 15 days 'later' than usual. Turns out I had just ovulated a couple of weeks late.

Skyla01 Fri 31-May-19 16:33:48

I think stress can affected ovulation. So as poster above suggested maybe you ovulated much later than usual. Do you try and track ovulation with symptoms or opk? If I were you I'd wait a week or two then try another pregnancy test if no AF. If you ovulated late you may still have conceived, just too early for a positive test.

wellthisisshitisntit Fri 31-May-19 16:49:05

I just hate the not knowing, is it worth doing another test ?

wellthisisshitisntit Fri 31-May-19 16:57:56

I feel like I may as well be peeing on £10 notes, I spent last month convinced I was pregnant but I wasn't and now I don't have the symptoms I had then but no period either hmm

Skyla01 Fri 31-May-19 18:42:34

Doing another test is always an option...! If you can, I would wait a week or two and see what happens. AF might come in the meantime and save you the bother (unfortunately).

thecherryontop Fri 31-May-19 19:42:49

Stress can definitely affect your period....I've done loads of reading around this as am in more or less the same situation as you (minus the stress).... I'm 4 days late and am otherwise really regular. Any googling I've done does say stress. Wish I could account for it as like you feel like poas is like peeing on tenners. Especially when it's negative! Fingers crossed it resolves itself soon thanks

wellthisisshitisntit Fri 31-May-19 19:48:39

I've bought another test ....... hmmgrin

thecherryontop Fri 31-May-19 20:36:14

Lol same! Let me know how you get on! -I bought a cheap pack in Home Bargains today (the 3 for 99p ones) and then 2 Clear Blues as well. Tried a cheap one earlier and negative. So annoying! Have you had any signs or symptoms? I did have some spotting on the 21st and then period pains on the 25th. I'm trying not to think about it too much in case I'm making it stay away somehow from stressing, it's just so hard though! I will probably try a cheap one each morning now then the clear blues. If you miss a period does it just come the next month when you would usually expect it? I really have no clue...

wellthisisshitisntit Fri 31-May-19 20:37:00

Sooooo Guys ..........

sazzle3 Fri 31-May-19 20:38:02

@wellthisisshitisntit sooooooook was it positive xx

thecherryontop Fri 31-May-19 20:38:52

Howd it go?

wellthisisshitisntit Fri 31-May-19 20:38:55

CANNOT BELIEVE IT

wellthisisshitisntit Fri 31-May-19 20:39:21

So happy gringringrin

thecherryontop Fri 31-May-19 20:41:14

Amazing! Congratulations! X

sazzle3 Fri 31-May-19 20:41:18

@wellthisisshitisntit before these tests when was the last time u tested.
I'm 8 days late and getting bfn xx

waitingforbaby2 Fri 31-May-19 20:42:38

Congrats I hope I'm as lucky in a few days time as my AF was due today but no sign and negative test your post gives me hope

wellthisisshitisntit Fri 31-May-19 20:42:49

Thank you smile

I did a test Tuesday - did the first response one and was definitely negative not a hint of any line

3 days later and it's positive ! Cannot believe it !

sazzle3 Fri 31-May-19 20:44:19

@wellthisisshitisntit wish I would hurry up and either get a BFP or AF arrive xx

wellthisisshitisntit Fri 31-May-19 20:48:09

@sazzle3 I have everything crossed for you !

sazzle3 Fri 31-May-19 20:53:11

@wellthisisshitisntit thank you. Did u have any symptoms at all xx

wellthisisshitisntit Fri 31-May-19 20:55:07

@sazzle3 I have had every symptom going up until my last period on 3rd May - then I've not had any ovulation pains this cycle and usually just before my period I feel rough and boobs hurt etc but I've had nothing, no cramping etc

Yesterday, my urine was a funny colour and I was 4 days late and I was genuinely concerned that I had some sort of infection and that's why I was late

So nope, no symptoms whatsoever !

Skyla01 Fri 31-May-19 20:57:50

Congrats!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »