Talk

Advanced search

Wet cm... or is it?

(5 Posts)
ttcno12334 Wed 29-May-19 21:55:49

I have long cycles and think I may be approaching ovulation. I thought I had wet cm the last two days but now I'm questioning whether it's wet cm or just general vaginal wetness how would I know?!

HennyPennyHorror Wed 29-May-19 23:08:12

CM is always very stretchy OP. Not just wet....it's like glue almost. Watered down glue...if you get some on two fingers, you can pull them apart and see it stretch before it snaps.

ttcno12334 Thu 30-May-19 08:12:37

I thought wet cm came before ewcm though?

BaweB Fri 31-May-19 06:47:24

Fertile CM isn't always stretchy! Mine never, ever was and I found it quite hard to track ovulation just by CM as I had the same thing as OP: wasn't quite sure what was "wet" or fertile. And I didn't have loads of it either so I really had to "investigate". I preferred OPKs and BBT charting to be sure. When I used these methods, I could then be clearer about my fertile mucus.

As I say, I thought my CM was pretty rubbish but I conceived in the second month of TTC so I was worrying about nothing. I think for most people (def everyone I spoke to) it's a really easy and clear way to track ovulation but for me it didn't work. Also, from what I read, if you're ovulating then you're almost certainly producing some form of fertile CM so try not to worry.

I found this website helpful: www.readytogroove.com/blog/2016/07/06/confused-about-cervical-fluid-you-dont-have-to-be/#.XPC_LYgza1s

Read the cons section of this one too:

www.todaysparent.com/getting-pregnant/what-your-cervical-mucus-reveals-about-your-fertility/

Hope this helps! xx

Skyla01 Fri 31-May-19 08:05:19

@BaweB thanks for those- great articles! I'd kinda convinced myself I hadn't ovulated yet this month due to cm (or lack of) but I might have been wrong!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »