Talk

Advanced search

When do you start using OPK's?

(5 Posts)
susso Wed 29-May-19 20:48:07

Hi all,

Currently on AF but I really wanna be prepared for ovulation this month. However, my cycle is a bit messed up from my MC so this months cycle was 39 days, so I have no idea when to start using OPK's. When do you all start testing and how many times a day?? Thanks! Xx

mumof1hants Wed 29-May-19 20:54:27

Hi @susso, it's recommended you start testing day 11 if you have a 28 day cycle. An LH surge can be really short so I test twice a day using one-step strips (internet cheapies!). They can't be used first thing so I test around 10:30 and 5/6pm until I get a positive... x

susso Wed 29-May-19 20:59:55

Thanks for getting back to me @mumof1hants I used to do just that before my MC and it worked perfectly the month I did it as we conceived! But with my cycle being longer now I'm a bit stuck. I think I'll just test from day 11 again and hope for the best! Going to go through a lot of OPK's this month! 😂xx

mumof1hants Wed 29-May-19 21:21:54

I would just to be on the safe side. I got 50 for under £8 online... if you're happy to use cheapies I'd go with those? X

susso Thu 30-May-19 10:14:17

@mumof1hants yeah I only use cheapies anyway, I'll order some on amazon. Is rather be safe that sorry this month as I am getting so desperate! X

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »