Talk

Advanced search

First timer. 10dpo urge to test!

(107 Posts)
Seli3025 Tue 28-May-19 17:36:32

Hi all.

This is mine and my partners first month of trying! I am 10dpo and tested at 2po and 8dpo (got BFN!!!) I now know that that was far too early! I'm now 10dpo and AF is due on fri/sat! Itching to test again but don't want to get disappointed!

Have sore boobs, bloating, nausea and can't stop eating but the symptoms are similar to AF symptoms!

Why does the mind play tricks on us 😔

Anyone else in the same situ?

Much love x

Seli3025 Wed 29-May-19 12:44:26

@NLouise123
@Mummylanie3

God ladies I feel your pain!! I haven't bought one for that reason I know I'll run home and do it! I'm convincing myself that only morning is effective! I'm trying to leave it until Sunday now, as I want to be sure AF isn't coming! Plus DP is away for work until weekend so want to be with him when we do it!

Driving me potty! Good luck ladies!

Good to know about storing it never knew this!

Mummylanie3 Wed 29-May-19 13:04:28

@seli3025 I'm due af Sunday I've not bought any as last month id wasted about 50 quid by now pos so I've been good but I'm going on a hen weekend Friday so I want to know before but know it can still be negative and may not show till Sunday

Seli3025 Wed 29-May-19 13:07:21

@Mummylanie3 ah bless you! This must be hard! Yeh I've heard (as this is my first time trying) that BFPs can show up later than you think 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

Still despite what happens I do hope you still have a great time at the hen!

Mummylanie3 Wed 29-May-19 19:30:14

Well I tested got a BFN I ovulated last Sunday apparently so I'm 10dpo gonna try wait till Friday now

Seli3025 Wed 29-May-19 19:36:27

@Mummylanie3 sorry to hear this! There's still hope! All the best for Friday !!

I'm going to buy mine Friday and do it Saturday morning or Sunday morn!

This wait is unreal!!!

NLouise123 Wed 29-May-19 20:37:08

@Seli3025 I resisted! The test is still in the cupboard! Little victory haha!

Seli3025 Wed 29-May-19 20:39:34

@NLouise123 yay well done! I came straight home after work didn't go to any shops 😂 go us!

Gosh I hope we get good news!!! 😬😬

Bacchant Wed 29-May-19 20:59:44

@seli3025 well done for resisting! I was so tempted to get a test on the way home from work today but I stopped myself!

I’m 16dpo and AF is due tomorrow. I’m going to test fri if she doesn’t turn up! It’s awful waiting but I find that af turning up isn’t as upsetting as seeing a blank test so I try and avoid testing early!

Seli3025 Wed 29-May-19 21:03:55

Hey @Bacchant

Thanks! It's been real tough! Glad I haven't got any lying around at home otherwise I'd cave!

I really hope AF doesn't come and visit you from tomorrow! Have everything crossed for you! Is this your first time TTC like me?

Keep us updated!

#you'renotwelcomeAF!

NLouise123 Wed 29-May-19 21:04:47

@Seli3025 Go us! I hope so too, it's only my first cycle so if it doesn't catch this month then there's no reason to worry. What cycle are you on?

Seli3025 Wed 29-May-19 21:07:36

@NLouise123 first cycle too!

Having a joke with DP saying:" ah well if it doesn't happen this time then we will just have to continue DTD next month"

His cheeky response: "oh no we have to DTD some more?" 😂😂

Bacchant Wed 29-May-19 21:09:06

I do hope she stays away lol!

This is my third cycle of proper ttc, but I’ve been off bc for about a year. All those years I thought you got PG just by looking at a man but turns out it’s way more complex than that!!

Seli3025 Wed 29-May-19 21:11:52

@Bacchant I know!! I've learnt so much since reading up on things, downloading cycle apps and being on here! Used to miss a pill and freak out that I'd be pregnant lol! The window of opportunity is tiny!!!

NLouise123 Wed 29-May-19 21:21:52

@Seli3025 OH is more than ready for the next cycle if this one doesn't work out...I thought he'd get tired but it's the opposite haha I'm not complaining mind!

Seli3025 Wed 29-May-19 21:24:19

@NLouise123 haha! Men won't get tired when having to DTD 😂😂

Some point when my app said "fertility unlikely" I'd say nah not tonight I'm tired and he'd be like "oh so that's how it is then? We only DTD on peak days😂😂

Is this your first time TTC or do you have children out of curiosity?

mrsc1987 Thu 30-May-19 05:43:41

Tested bfn this morning so just waiting for af in next couple days then on to the next cycle

SinkGirl Thu 30-May-19 06:15:55

To give you a bit of hope, I was told in my early 20s that I’d be unlikely to ever conceive naturally and I never got the chance to find out as I was always on hormonal treatments to manage endometriosis.

At 33 I came off the pill, took a while for my cycle to return. We started trying so that we could qualify for IVF after trying for 12 months - I got pg the first month of trying and had twin boys.

Having said that, it’s completely normal for couples with no fertility issues at all to take up to 12 months to conceive. I think for your own sanity you need to relax a little - I had no expectations of getting pregnant so soon and it made it a lot easier. It may take several months for you to conceive and that would be completely normal and I worry about the stress you might be putting yourself under after 6+ months of this. Try not to let your whole life revolve around it, especially when it’s such early days smile

Wishing you all the best flowers

Seli3025 Thu 30-May-19 07:08:34

@mrsc1987 sorry to hear this, but don't fret! Fingers crossed for you!

@SinkGirl wow! Thanks for sharing this it's wonderful to hear this happened to you! I completely get what you're saying and appreciate your support smile

Plus I guess if we get ourselves so worked up it'll probably cause stress which will affect our chances TC! Need to relax grin

Thanks for sharing your story halo

Carley321 Thu 30-May-19 08:51:41

Hi ladies. Can I join?

I am 11dpo been ttc for a year now (although my periods have been irregular after stopping bc) the last 2 cycles have been most regular to date 🤞. Af due sat/sun

Thanks for the story @SinkGirl. Sounds very sensible.... I just wish I could let it be and switch off from it all. But it’s a struggle. I don’t think being 32 helps.

I have purposely ordered test to be delivered tomorrow so I can’t test to early. 😂.

Seli3025 Thu 30-May-19 09:15:32

@Carley321 of course you can! Welcome smile

Seems like we're all due AF at similar times! Let's hope she goes elsewhere!

Good idea about ordering for tomorrow so you don't have the urge lol! Sending all the luck to you and baby dust! Im currently at work sat with two PG women they must think I'm weird as I stare at their beautiful bumps hoping that'll be me soon!

I know we shouldn't get hooked on symptoms but it's hard not too. For e.g. have such a strong metallic taste in my mouth today (never get this) I can't help but get excited silly me! It's probably all in the mind haha! Ah well we will see!

Carley321 Thu 30-May-19 09:36:03

I know the feeling @Seli3025 since ttc and especially the last few weeks, all I am hearing is baby news and seeing new borns and bumps. It’s very hard, I can’t help but stare either 🙈 lol.

You symptom sounds promising though. I have had zero symptoms, which I’m not sure is good or bad. By now I am usually feeling something lurking.

SinkGirl Thu 30-May-19 10:13:27

It is very difficult not to think about it. It was only a month for me and I struggled but I genuinely didn’t expect it to happen - I think prepare for the worst, hope for the best is a good way to think about it. Maybe enjoy doing the things that will be more difficult when you’re pregnant / have a young child (going to the cinema, going out for a meal, etc etc - i miss the cinema and fancy restaurants so much, although of course it’s totally worth it!)

I tested the day my period was late - I was convinced I couldn’t be pregnant but I think deep down I knew. Although I always get sore boobs, I literally looked as though I’d had a boob job - my boobs had already changed shape and size significantly before I tested, but then I did have double the hormones going on.

Best of luck to you all. I’m sorry it wasn’t positive this month MrsC but hang in there flowers

Seli3025 Thu 30-May-19 10:34:59

@Carley321 literally everywhere and no word of a lie as I am writing this a colleague walked in to the room and said his Mrs' friend has just given birth!! What the heckkkkk!!!

Freaky or what?

And it does sound promising but I don't know probably AF coming! Every morning when I go to the loo I'm like please no please no! Prepared with the required toiletries just in case blurgh!!

@SinkGirl
Completely agree about making time with DP and going out etc! This weekend a big group of us are meeting up for an escape room, turtle bay and bar session (won't drink though just incase not a big drinker anyway so won't be unusual for friends to question!)

smile

Carley321 Thu 30-May-19 12:19:42

Thank you @sinkgirl xx

I am with you @Seli3025. Being baby bombed left right and centre is no fun at all! I hope af stays away for you x

Speaking of investigating the loo roll....

I don't think I'll get to test. serious af symptoms starting, bloated, dull ache and a faint brown tint when wiping today (tmi) sorry.. Gutted! I had built my hopes up this month.

I'm in the …… This is never going to happen 'mind set'!

Seli3025 Thu 30-May-19 12:25:32

@Carley321 oh hate that!! Hate seeing brown tint that's what I'm dreading! So far nothing but I reckon maybe tomorrow will keep you posted!!

Hopefully it isn't AF for you! What do you reckon ?? 🙏

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »