Talk

Advanced search

How long before positive?

(9 Posts)
BreakfastAtLitanies Tue 28-May-19 16:37:09

I came off my contraceptive pill 3 or 4 months ago, I'm not sure.

As soon as I came off the pill my period was like clockwork with a days range.

I am now 8 days late. I took pregnancy tests at 3, 4 and 6 days late with negatives. Not even a faint line. How likely is it that I'm pregnant and these are false negatives? Is it possible that this is just a delayed "sorting out" as my body gets used to no pill?

I'm not trying to get pregnant, and I'm neither excited nor distraught at this, just trying to figure it out!

And when did you get your positive tests?

BreakfastAtLitanies Tue 28-May-19 16:37:58

Forgot to mention, no pregnancy symptoms other than the late period as far as I can tell!

BreakfastAtLitanies Tue 28-May-19 17:27:33

Bump! (Please help!)

weediva Tue 28-May-19 18:30:29

Hi. I have no advice as I am currently 8 days late and regular as clockwork but bfn on all tests. Don't really have any symptoms of af or pregnancy except being tired. But when I came off pill last September I never had a period and kept thinking all the sore boobs etc were af coming. Turns out I was pregnant but unfortunately it was ectopic.
Hopefully you get your answer one way or the other, the wait is so frustrating!!

Glitterandunicorns Tue 28-May-19 18:55:11

Hi @BreakfastAtLitanies. There are three options for why you're late. 1) you're pregnant. 2) your body is still sorting itself out after coming off the pill. 3) you ovulated later than usual, meaning your period is delayed.

Have you been monitoring your ovulation date?

BreakfastAtLitanies Tue 28-May-19 19:46:08

I have been monitoring it, and it's so, so regular. I'm wondering if it's just a delay in my body reacting.

8 days just seems like such a long time for af to not come, I feel worried that it could be something like an ectopic and it's the latest I've ever been in my life!

BreakfastAtLitanies Tue 28-May-19 19:47:09

@weediva I also have no symptoms of af. Usually I have cramping, right on schedule, same time every period. But I haven't had any at all!

weediva Tue 28-May-19 19:53:06

@BreakfastAtLitanies I am too, can usually tell down to the hour when I'm due as always have so many symptoms
I wouldn't worry too much about ectopic as I had blaring bfp and pregnancy symptoms before the pain & bleeding started and finally ectopic diagnosis
I did internet cheaply this morning and ever such a faint squinter line but just took a clear blue this aft and nothing 🤷‍♀️

Everythingsbeentaken Tue 28-May-19 20:09:51

Try a different brand of test.. first response are pretty good. If still not positive. I'd see your doctor. Well if it's positive you need to too! I had a very feint line on the day my period was due.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »