Talk

Advanced search

Help! Weird month after stopping Pill

(3 Posts)
AdoraFlora Mon 27-May-19 11:32:32

Hi! I'm new here and looking for some advice.

Before that, let me tell you a bit of context. We had an accidental pregnancy about 18 months which sadly ended in miscarriage. The timing wasn't right to try again, until now. We have a 3 month window for TTC before needing to stop - next year we are moving and changing jobs, so we either need to get pregnant now, or try again in 2 years. Obviously I'm keeping everything crossed!

I've just come off the Pill, after taking it on and off for 10 years. In the times between taking the Pill, my cycles have been anything from 26-34 days, so trying to track anything is tricky! In the month of the accidental pregnancy, I had EWCM on day 14 and 15 (I was ill earlier in the month so I guess the Pill failed, and thought the CM was strange so recorded it), and spotting on day 28.

Now this cycle I don't know what's going on! We had sex every day from day 9-17, and every other day the rest of the time. I didn't start checking CM or cervix very early, plus it was tricky to check reliably anyway because of all the sex. However, my cervix was softish on day 16, and harder by day 18, and I had drier CM from what I could tell. So I assumed that I ovulated sometime around there.

But now, the last few days (day 21-23) I've had what I think is EWCM but again, it's hard to tell. My cervix is hard still. On day 21 I also had a weird brown blob, it wasn't stretchy like EWCM but more like a big blob of jelly, that came out in one go and there's been no other trace of it.

So now I'm confused about whether I did ovulate first time round, or I am ovulating now!

I'd be very grateful for any wisdom or advice, the internet keeps contradicting itself. I know all I can really do is wait until testing time, but because I don't know how long the cycle will be, the wait is extra tough!

AdoraFlora Mon 27-May-19 11:34:21

Oh also, I forgot to say but the last few days (21-23) I've also had mild cramps on and off, a bit like AF is on the way.

AdoraFlora Tue 28-May-19 09:19:29

So I caved and took a test today, naturally got a BFN but I couldn't help myself! With the weird cycle I've had I don't know for sure if/when I ovulated, but my best guess is that I'm 8dpo based on cervix position.

I should really get into temping etc, but with only a few month window to TTC right now I'm not sure I want to set myself up that much.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »