Talk

Advanced search

No periods after rigevidon pill

(8 Posts)
PeanutButter19 Sun 26-May-19 22:22:46

So I always had regular periods, then went on the implant, didn’t get a period for 6 months so went to the doctors and they just put me on the contraceptive pill rigevidon as I’m prone to skin breakouts but now we want to have a baby and I don’t get any periods sad I’m healthy, take my vitamins and eat well, exercise and don’t know what else I can do and it’s so frustrating as I don’t know what’s wrong with my cycles. Had blood tests etc done and everything came back as normal.. really need to know if more people were in the same situation

Niffler2019 Mon 27-May-19 10:33:55

Hi peanutbutter19 👋
I'm sorry I don't have any advice really but I just wanted to say I'm in exactly the same position. It's so frustrating isn't it! I was on microgynon for years then got switched to rivedigon as it's cheaper but same active ingredients. As soon as I switched I started breaking out in awful acne on my chin. After 7 months on it I was fed up and we'd also started talking about trying for another baby so I stopped taking it at the start of February. Had a withdrawal bleed and nothing since. I've always had irregular or almost non existent periods when not on the pill but I've never found out a reason why. Like yourself I'm pretty healthy - I'm not overweight, I don't smoke, I'm not stressed, try & have a healthy diet & take vitamins. But none of it makes a difference. I had bloods done a few years ago when I was ttc our daughter & they came back normal so Dr at the time said it was unlikely to be PCOS. I was relieved then shortly after I conceived. When she was 6 months old I went back on the pill & never thought about it again.
Keep us updated how you go on - I should add despite my issues we had no difficulty in conceiving our dd. It happened on the 2nd cycle of trying and I wasn't doing opk tests or anything (it seemed pointless because I had no idea when to test - I'm in the same boat now!) So there is hope - having irregular periods certainly doesn't mean you'll have problems. I'm sure plenty of other ladies will have similar stories. Also remember there are plenty of women who have regular periods but still have issues conceiving.

Niffler2019 Mon 27-May-19 10:41:52

Just to add sorry I notice you were on the implant first. I remember reading that it takes longer for your body to get back to normal after the implant. I briefly considered it instead of the pill but I decided against it because I was in my 30s & thought if I do decide to have another I don't want to be waiting 12 months or more to get back to normal. They don't tell you these things when they're recommending them to you! My guess is that you will get your regular periods back within a few months. You might just have to be patient for a while, I know it's frustrating! Let us know how you get on

tumtitum Mon 27-May-19 10:55:18

Different pill but after microgynon it took over a year for my periods to come back

PatrickMerricksGoshawk Mon 27-May-19 11:06:30

Did you have the implant removed before starting the rigevidon or did you have them both together? Has the implant been removed now (sorry, I know that sounds obvious)? How long have you been off all hormonal contraception?

PeanutButter19 Mon 27-May-19 16:59:43

Thanks, I’ve been off everything for over 3
Months now, the first time (as implant is changed every 3 years) I had no periods, when it got changed I didn’t stop bleeding for 2 months so they gave me the pill as well, I had the implant removed in August 2017 and after 5 months of no periods the doctor just told me to go back on the pill to regulate my cycle. I never knew much about it until now I’ve been researching and if I knew about the issues with cycles not coming back I would have never gone back on the pill. I was always ‘normal’ until birth control, spend so long trying to avoid pregnancy and now it’s more frustrating as we want one and my body isn’t doing as it should lol! Hopefully I’m not waiting too long I’m trying not to get myself worked up and let nature takes it course, it’s just nice to know it’s not only me

PatrickMerricksGoshawk Mon 27-May-19 17:42:04

Ah OK, as some PP have said, it’s not uncommon for it to take a year for periods to go back to normal. I recommend reading The Period Repair Manual while you’re waiting!

PeanutButter19 Mon 27-May-19 18:02:45

Thanks I will definitely have a read smile I’ve been doing a lot of natural things to help like ginger tea etc and thought I was getting it a few times and I was getting my usual chocolate cravings and cramps, moody and the next day I’m fine again 😒

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »