Talk

Advanced search

Have I miscarried

(9 Posts)
Drift82 Sat 25-May-19 20:26:15

So I had what I thought was my period last week brown blood followed by a normal period for a day which then stopped. After a positive clear blue ovulation test ( went straight to peak ) I tested and got a bfp. My first clear blue digital pregnancy test said 2-3 weeks and the second one said 1-2 2 days later, I’ve also had brown discharge for four or five days. I have a scan booked for next Thursday but am going out of my mind. Have I miscarried ?

Whyhaveidonethis Sat 25-May-19 21:52:34

This sounds a bit like my chemical pregnancy last week. I had brown spotting and fading BFPs then my period came. Fingers crossed you have better news. Good luck with your scan.

physicskate Sun 26-May-19 06:47:21

There is a huge number of reasons the weeks could go down and everything is actually fine. Different time of day, concentration of wee, etc. Pay the weeks no mind. They are just approximate anyway. With a chemical, you'd be unlikely to ever get to see the 2-3 weeks.

Can you not get a referral to the epu for bloods 48 hours apart because of the brown discharge?

MrsH497 Sun 26-May-19 07:36:37

Try and get to an EPU earlier for bloods. How far along do you think you are?
Brown discharge for 4/5 days sadly was now my miscarriage started but everyone is different there's no textbook way. Some women spot like that and bleed with nothing wrong.

Hope everything is ok

itwasalovelydreamwhileitlasted Sun 26-May-19 13:54:42

Unfortunately my miscarriage last month was the same - 2-3 weeks had ch then went down to 1-2 a few days later - brown spotting then led to heavy bleeding I would say a week after the spotting started x

Drift82 Sun 26-May-19 15:54:01

I think nearly six weeks, I’m not going to test again and will just keep my fingers crossed

MrsH497 Sun 26-May-19 15:57:28

I miscarried at 6.5 weeks I started with brown discharge for a few days had some bleeding back to brown discharge and then bleeding and clots last Friday. HCG went down to 56 on Friday.
Please if you're worried contact your GP or EPU.

Teddybear45 Sun 26-May-19 16:04:05

Maybe but it could also be because those tests aren’t accurate. Go to the GP.

MrsH497 Sun 26-May-19 16:36:18

They aren't totally agree mine went up in weeks days before I miscarried gave me a false sense of security

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »