Talk

Advanced search

Experiences of coming off Cerazette?

(10 Posts)
Wingingit9212 Sat 25-May-19 15:42:14

Hi all, apologies, this may be TMI for some!

Just wondering about people's experiences coming off cerazette- Progesterone only pill.

When I came off the combined pill when TTC #1, it was very simple; I just had a withdrawal bleed and then regular periods from there, but since coming off this pill in March, I've had 5 'periods'; the longest lasting a week and a half! I was always a 28 day cycle, 6 day period before.

Just 'come on' today and I'm 4 days away from OV, so not exactly conducive to conceiving #2!

Is anyone able to tell me if it gets better!

tisonlymeagain Sat 25-May-19 18:02:17

Just replied on another thread so copied and pasted here

Yes @Wingingit9212 we've got a while separate thread about it!

I came off at the start of March, had nothing for 4 weeks than had a bleed/AF. My first cycle of TTC followed and I ovulated CD16 (I use OPKs) and AF came on cue two weeks later. This is my second cycle and I've ovulated CD15/16 again according to temps and OPKs. Currently 9dpo. I was majorly relieved to be honest that I went straight into having relatively regular normal cycles and hope it stays this way!

tisonlymeagain Sat 25-May-19 18:03:24

I'm not sure what is 'normal' when coming off the pill - hopefully yours will settle down soon. What were your periods like before the pill?

Wingingit9212 Sat 25-May-19 18:14:09

Thanks @tis, I was always regular 28 day cycle, 6 day period. This is a nightmare 😩

MindyMoonstone Sat 25-May-19 18:24:09

Hey, sorry to hear you’re having a tough time with it sad

How long were you on cerazette for? I bled all the time while I was on cerazette. Stopped taking it early August last year and ovulated later that month. Had had regular cycles ever since so very lucky!!

However I was only on it for a year, and I’m sure they say it can take up to 6 months for cycles to even back out x

Wingingit9212 Sat 25-May-19 19:42:40

Oh no! I've been on it around 9 months, really hoping it evens out soon 😩 I loved my combined, but silly migraines with auras means I never should have been prescribed it and can never have it again 😭
I'll just try to ride it out I suppose
Thanks for your reply z

MindyMoonstone Sat 25-May-19 20:12:45

Aw bless you, I know it’s hard to do but try to wait it out and not get too worried/focussed on ovulating etc. I hope it evens out soon!!!

Skyla01 Sat 25-May-19 21:12:15

I was on combined pill then switched to cerazette due to aura. After stopping cerazette I had hormonal symptoms for 4 wks- especially cramps and nausea. 1st period after 8 weeks. Now waiting to see if my cycles are regular now.
I think everyone is different after stopping the pill. I hope you don't have to wait to long until your cycles get back to normal. Afraid you might have to be patient for a while.

Liverbird77 Mon 27-May-19 07:02:15

Just wanted to give some reassurance because I read all kinds of horror stories when I started TTC. I was on cerazette for 4 years. Came off it in July 2017. I had a bleed 27 days later and then regular periods every 27 days. It took 8 months to get pregnant. I should also say I was 40 when we conceived and 41 when I have birth.
I hope this gives hope if anyone is worrying. We have started TTC again and it is a constant source of anxiety.

tisonlymeagain Mon 27-May-19 07:14:19

I can update to this - 11dpo today and got my BFP yesterday. Stopped taking Cerazette at the beginning of March.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »