Talk

Advanced search

Line eyes (ovulation test - not as exciting as pregnancy test!)

(7 Posts)
LittleRedSocks Fri 24-May-19 12:10:05

Ok so my AF was due last Saturday. Had BFP’s just before and day or two after but they turned progressively negative and I started bleeding on Tuesday (so classic chemical pregnancy).

My cheapie ovulation sticks arrived today and I’m on day 4 of bleeding but I’ve got a line (I think?) on the OV test...what does this mean? That I should be DTD even though bleeding? Or is there always a faint line and you just go for it when it’s really dark? Confused! Eager to conceive again ASAP so any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Novasky1 Fri 24-May-19 12:17:46

This is not a positive for ovulation surge OP.
THe test line needs to be the same or stronger than the control line.
Some people always have slight traces of LH in their urine so this might indicate the super faint line but defo no need to be doing DTD!

LittleRedSocks Fri 24-May-19 12:46:20

Oh thank you so much that’s really helpful! Was dreading having to dtd while still on my ‘period’!

itwasalovelydreamwhileitlasted Fri 24-May-19 14:19:21

Also different brands of ovulation tests have different sensitivity levels much like a pregnancy test - I've noticed the Boots ones always show a second line whereas some of the internet ones are completely white until closer to ovulation

Also if you have PCOS or your age can also affect readings on ovulation tests

LittleRedSocks Fri 24-May-19 21:21:37

Thanks @itwasalovelydream, I’m 32, trying for number two and don’t have PCOS so hopefully tracking ovulation with the sticks will be fairly helpful...I’m just praying I fall straight away, I think that’s whats helped me ‘move on’ so quickly this week: the hope of what’s to come as opposed to thinking of what I’ve lost xx

Mycrazylife85 Sat 25-May-19 08:03:51

@LittleRedSocks I found mine was like that until I got a very obvious positive. The lines were exactly the same colour if not darker. Keep going. I had this then not the spike I was looking for, then nothing, then the positive.

LittleRedSocks Sat 25-May-19 10:30:47

Perfect @mycrazylife - the are definitely not as straightforward as pregnancy tests haha! Right I’ll keep testing each day and see if how I get on - I’ll maybe pop each test on here each day for your thoughts as it gets darker if anyone wants to take a look as D(TD)-Day approaches 😉xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »