Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

No sex

(7 Posts)
norumpypumpy Fri 20-Jul-07 14:32:35

Hi - DH and I decided a few months ago that we would start trying for a baby, after months of thinking about it etc etc. We have never had the most riotous sex life (well, except at the beginning) as he has a low sex drive and he only ever really initiated sex on Saturday mornings. However, now we are basically barely having sex. I don't want to pressure him into it, but am getting frustrated by his excuses/lack of interest.

i don't think this is him being scared of the responsibility because we have talked about it loads. I really don't know what to do. What I want to do is burst into tears and shout at him for being a selfish b?*stard, but don't think that is the best approach.

anyone been in the same situation? I feel like a freak. BTW - am not worried about him not finding me attractive or sexy.

thanks

NRP

Elasticwoman Fri 20-Jul-07 16:04:27

Yes. My dh went off sex for a while during the several years we were ttc. It was mainly because he was under enormous pressure at work and studying for a higher degree. Could your dh be under pressure?

jacksma Fri 20-Jul-07 16:14:43

Oh yes my dp would have sex only about once a month so what I did was - thought about when he does want sex (this seemed to coincide with me wearing a skirt), wore a skirt, took him out to dinner where we had a relaxing time and a few drinks (not too many obviously) - I timed all this so we went out when I knew I would be ovulating and hey presto - now only 2 1/2 months to go until the resulting offspring is sprung ...all very underhand but I found attempting to "discuss" the lack of sex totally fruitless and I was becomming more and more frustrated and miserable and resentful - so attempted a less direct approach...Good luck

norumpypumpy Fri 20-Jul-07 16:41:56

Thanks for your replies - its nice to know I am not alone.

Yes, Elasticwoman, he is under pressure at work (as am I) and tends to respond to that by withdrawing into himself and switching off.

Jacksma - I like your style! Unfortunately we both work really hard and I travel for work. l have not started monitoring when I am ovulating but just figure it will be in the middle of my cycle. to be honest i am sick of putting in all the effort, but I think i need to get get over that.

NRP

Elasticwoman Fri 20-Jul-07 19:19:02

Could either or both of you work less hard?

Rantmum Fri 20-Jul-07 19:33:44

Are you due a holiday? Could you book a holiday for a couple of weeks somewhere really quiet and relaxing, wind down and just have fun together? Time it with mid-cycle?

Or even a short break at the right time? A weekend in a posh country hotel with nice food and wine?

Elasticwoman Fri 20-Jul-07 20:26:52

Lol Rantmum - skimmed your post and thought you were suggesting a cycling holiday! Men ttc do not need cycling shorts or time in the saddle.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now