Talk

Advanced search

First month TTC - implantation bleeding or AF? Help.

(6 Posts)
Marghe87 Thu 23-May-19 11:24:57

I am quite new to all of this and whilst the rational part of my brain fully understands that TTC is a process that can take months (sometimes years!), the other part thinks... I wonder if that's it!
AF is due any time between today and the next 2-3 days (have slightly irregular periods, sometimes 29 days, sometimes 32-33) and have started to see some light spotting which might as well be the beginning of AF. Part of me still hopes it could be implantation bleeding but the realistically speaking, I don't have any other symptoms, except maybe feeling slightly lightheaded at times.
Did you have implantation bleeding? Did it look like pre-AF spotting?

Also, how long did it take you to conceive?

Sunshine3105 Thu 23-May-19 18:40:39

I had a little red spotting two days before my AF was due.....so i thought it arrived early....when i checked in the evening was all gone....i did test just to make sure and it was positive.....we started trying 6 months ago but not actively.... last month was actually first time we had a sex day before my ovulation and we were lucky

Savvysaz Thu 23-May-19 19:17:51

I didn’t used to spot but I did last cycle and I’m currently spotting but AF is one day late. Proper flow hasn’t started yet. I anticipate it coming! My advice would be to assume it’s AF and if it disappears then test and you may be pleasantly surprised. If not, you’d already accepted AF was coming

Sparkle0109 Thu 23-May-19 20:09:59

I sometimes get spotting a couple of days begins however I've heard a few women do get spotting and get their BFP.

Hope it's a BFP for you

Sparkle0109 Thu 23-May-19 20:10:36

Before AF begins **

Marghe87 Fri 24-May-19 13:49:12

Tested and it is a BFN sad

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »