Talk

Advanced search

Exercise and TTC

(4 Posts)
Skyla01 Wed 22-May-19 18:38:22

I am in my early 30s and TTC number 1. I've always been very active. I was planning to continue my current fitness regime but a little bit worried it could negatively impact on TTC. My bmi is around 20, I've been trying to eat a bit more recently so it doesn't fall any lower than that. I wonder if my body is used to lots of exercise it won't impact conception? Any advice/ personal experience would be really helpful.

MrsEG Wed 22-May-19 18:49:36

Are you ovulating and having regular cycles? Your BMI is definitely quite low, but still healthy - so as long as you have a regular cycle and are ovulating it shouldn’t cause any issues. If your cycles are a little erratic then just look at eating a little more and see if that helps. Staying active whilst TTC will keep you sane! I run and go to the gym most days. My GP and all doctors I have seen have actively encouraged it; the only advice is that once pregnant, you must take the intensity level down to about 70% and modify certain exercises. Other than this, you’re fine!

Skyla01 Wed 22-May-19 20:09:36

Thanks for your reply- good to hear it's ok to be active! I'm only on cycle 2 after coming off the pill. Pretty sure I ovulated last month due to signs although I'm not using opks. Will watch to see things settle down. You're def right about exercise keeping us sane, especially through this process! I guess also I know I'll be cutting back once pregnant big time so want to keep active while I can.

Hoping87 Thu 23-May-19 10:47:33

I found out I was pregnant on Monday and I had been carrying on all my usual exercise! I do fitness classes at my gym and go running. I have been for a little run this morning too! Everything I’ve read online seems to say if you were doing it before it shouldn’t be a problem to carry on doing it! 😊

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »