Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone tried pregnacare conception ??

(21 Posts)
Sparkle0109 Tue 21-May-19 21:24:34

Had a miscarriage in March this year since then I noticed my BBT was quite low compared to what it was before so decided to try Pregnacare conception to try and regulate things and to be fair I have noticed my BBT has gone slightly higher since taking them but I have read reviews about women saying it messed with their cycles and delayed ovulation...

I am only on CD14 but haven't ovulated yet... not drastically late at the moment but compared to the last 2 months I have ovulated by now .. has anyone got any experience of them and share their thoughts??

crazychemist Wed 22-May-19 07:25:19

Yep, I think they are in really popular. I used the conception ones before DD, switched to the pregnancy ones while I was expecting and I still take the post-birth ones, even though DD is 2.5 and we are ttc again! My only negative is that if you get the ones with the fish capsules, you can get an unpleasant aftertaste.

TimeIhadaNameChange Wed 22-May-19 09:33:24

I did, and I didn't like them. Had all sorts of pregnancy 'symptoms' that month that I haven't had any other month I've been trying. Having then read negative reviews about them online I stopped and went back to plain old folic acid.

It may have been all in my head but I decided I didn't want to risk it.

ForTheLoveOfDoughnuts Wed 22-May-19 09:48:17

Sorry to hear about your miscarriage.

I used the Tesco own version. (Came with female and male pills, for me and other half to take). Was taking them a few months before started trying. Came off pill end August. And got BFP end of October.
Good luck.

RLI1105 Wed 22-May-19 10:12:39

I started taking the pregnacare conception tablets at the end of December when I stopped the pill. I had no problems with them and my other half didn't either.
I fell pregnant the first month of trying and am currently 9+4.
To be honest I didn't know if they necessarily 'helped' us fall pregnant. It was more that they had all the right nutrients and things but there are other brands.

Inthesky42 Wed 22-May-19 10:31:32

I took them and got pregnant after first month of taking them
This is after 9 months of trying with folic acid only beforehand...

Sparkle0109 Wed 22-May-19 13:07:25

Thanks everyone for you messages!
Did anyone find that they delayed your ovulation ? Although I think i have been a little impatient as I got my positive opk this afternoon 😊

Great to hear a few have positive stories with them

itwasalovelydreamwhileitlasted Wed 22-May-19 19:21:41

I used them for years with a lot of success but history of recurrent miscarriage. I had a cycle of ivf which showed poorer than expected egg quality so have swapped on to Proceive Max which has a lot more "stuff in it" and is for women over 35
I also take 200mg daily coq10

ReganSomerset Wed 22-May-19 19:27:38

Yep, put DH on the male ones too for a month before TTC. Worked first time.

AliceRR Wed 22-May-19 21:42:17

I have been wanting to know about this too OP as I have read Pregnacare Conception can cause irregular periods.

I have been taking it for about 2 and a half months since I gave birth to my first baby (stillbirth) in February. I am a bit apprehensive about using it after reading that as I am finding my cycle is irregular but this is only my third cycle since giving birth so it is quite possibly that. I am still taking it for now.

I (and others I have spoken to) have found it can cause some constipation...

nespressowoo Wed 22-May-19 21:47:47

We've been trying for over a year. This month we tried them and got our BFP smile

Jojo19834 Wed 22-May-19 21:53:15

So seem to be some great stories, for me I’m one of the ‘messed with cycle’ bunch. I started it late last year, had regular periods for 20 years and suddenly everything dried up! Couldn’t believe it. Came off and now we are gradually back to normal. No expert, no idea why but it was definitely the tablets!

Mrsmummy90 Wed 22-May-19 22:13:40

I took them when trying for dd and as far as I remember, they didn't change my cycle but they make my pee fluorescent yellow 🙈

Sparkle0109 Thu 23-May-19 09:14:26

I am gonna stick to them although I got my peak yesterday and today and as stupid as it sounds I darent take another vitamin until ovulation has been confirmed Haha.

Congratulations nespresso that's amazing!

nespressowoo Fri 24-May-19 16:58:24

Thanks @Sparkle0109 😁

As PP said - it also made my wee fluorescent yellow. Good luck!

Marshmallow1992 Sat 25-May-19 10:37:43

Been ttc for 10 months. Used these and DH used the wellman ones and we conceived first month on them. Could be coincidence but they also made me ovulate three days early from 21 to 18. I do think these are the reason for my BFP.

Lauraloop1516 Sat 25-May-19 10:43:11

Another one who got bfp in first month when taking them!

Veryveryverylate Sun 26-May-19 18:19:08

I get more mucus with them and fluorescent yellow urine but also bad nausea. So I stopped taking them. I did take the pregnancy ones with my other pregnancies, with no ill effect.

Dinosauraddict Sun 26-May-19 21:41:06

I’ve been taking them for over a year, the first 2 weeks I had awful sick effects (very sick) but stuck with it because I’d heard good things. For me, they caused my periods to come back (irregularly, but back)! That was a huge step in the right direction for me, so I wouldn’t stop taking them now whilst ttc.

Sparkle0109 Mon 27-May-19 13:42:49

@Alicerr so sorry about your stillborn I cant even begin to imagine how that must have been I hope you get your BFP really soon.

Thank you everyone for your replies and for your positive stories xx

Adrianoska Wed 05-Feb-20 10:46:35

Hello, I could not believe that simple supplements can mess up the cycles. I am 36 and desperate for a baby, I started taking pregnacare conception 3 months ago when I started trying for a baby. My first period came 6 days late (34 day cycle) and my second period came on the day 24! Tth? I was regular most of my life. It got me worried... So this month I ditched it... Yet I am not sure if it is a right thing to do? What do you all think? I ordered some ovulation sticks yesterday. I really want to get pregnant and now I am freaking out.... X

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »