Advanced search

Two week wait starts TODAY! Wah!

(47 Posts)
Isntthatalwaystheway Tue 21-May-19 08:39:10

Must resist the urge to buy all of the FRER tests before expected AF date 😬

Anyone else in the same boat? *

Longest two weeks ever!!*

MissMooMoo Tue 21-May-19 13:45:47

Mine is either starting today or tomorrow.
Will dtd again tonight just to make sure I have covered all bases grin
Goodluck!

tisonlymeagain Tue 21-May-19 14:37:02

Good luck. Currently 5dpo and feel like I've been in the 2WW for two months!

Isntthatalwaystheway Tue 21-May-19 14:45:01

Eeeek good luck to you both too! So hard to think about anything else but during this fortnight isn't it!? Have you Guys been trying for long, if you don't mind Me asking?

tisonlymeagain Tue 21-May-19 14:50:15

This is my second cycle of TTC, but it would be my third child and first with new DP (he also has children). I haven't TTC since 2006 though so long time since I've been pregnant! I am coming up to 40 so naturally expecting it to take longer.

MissMooMoo Tue 21-May-19 21:02:46

We have been TTC since the new year.
We have 1 DS who will be 2 this weekend. He was conceived immediately after an early miscarriage,and that pregnancy happened our first cycle of trying.
I am starting to get impatient that its taking a bit longer this time but I know that its nothing compared to what others go through.

mumof1hants Tue 21-May-19 21:07:36

Hi,

can I join? 4dpo today and time seems to have slowed more than ever! It's only cycle 2 for me x

Isntthatalwaystheway Wed 22-May-19 08:47:12

@MissMooMoo I could have written what you said myself, pretty much exactly the same situation as us! Became pregnant with our first straight after a miscarriage, obviously then I just presumed trying for number two would be as easy as the first - silly me! We're 9 Months into ttc and I turn 35 this Month x

Isntthatalwaystheway Wed 22-May-19 08:49:54

@mumof1hants Of course you can join, welcome aboard! Best of luck and positive vibes for your journey ✨ I'm 3 DPO and due on 11 Days - time goes sooooo slowly when you're waiting and hoping sad

Novasky1 Wed 22-May-19 08:56:12

May I join also please?
3DPO today after a OPK+ on Sunday, DTD on last Thurs, Fri, Sun, Mon and last night..I had a D&C in April...i was 8 weeks pregnant...we didnt want to wait for one cycle to complete before trying...so straight into it! Not too hopeful so soon but felt i need to do something! Am 38 next month and have 1 DD who's just turned 1. Feeling ok about this TWW for some reasons, whatever will be will, we covered our bases anyway! Fingers crossed for everyone. X

tryingtobecomeamum Wed 22-May-19 09:22:07

Hello
Can I please have some Advice and see if anyone has had similar experiences as me
I am TTC my first child,
I had my period 26th April - April 30th i usually have a 30-32 day cycle.
I then DTD on the 2nd of May, resulting in a slight water infection after sad
But on Tuesday the 7th I did a ovulation test which shown I was high fertility that day ( which I didn’t expect to be until the week later ) the following week and up until this day I have had, slight nausea, back and period like cramps everyday , extreme bloating and had a bout of constipation a few days ago! a lot more tired than usual and slight sore boobs not over sore but enough to notice but I’m not due my AF until Monday ( 27th May ) !!

Am I going mad or could I actually be pregnant??
I’ve done pregnancy test but I think I am too early to test!!!
Any advice would be amazing as I am losing my mind!!

mumof1hants Wed 22-May-19 17:13:44

4DPO and it's like time is standing still! No symptoms yet. How's everyone else?

@tryingtobecomeamum from what you've said I'd say it's unlikely unless you DTD nearer to 7th May when you got the positive OPK? You could probably do an early test this week? Sends you mad doesn't it?!!

Isntthatalwaystheway Wed 22-May-19 17:53:34

Fingers crossed for you too @Novasky1  Sounds like you've done what you can to give yourself the best chance! Likewise I'm feeling positive about this tww too, been a little more relaxed with dtd and planning leading up to now so here's hoping 🤞 @tryingtobecomeamum You could be, did you do a fertility test on the day you dtd?Maybe wait until the weekend to do another early response test if you worried you tested too early @mumof1hants Not sure if I'm going symptom-spotting crazy but I've had this dull ache since yesterday afternoon, like the start of period pains but not due in for another 11 days!? Trying not to read too much into it! x

MissMooMoo Thu 23-May-19 10:48:22

@tryingtobecomeamum
I have read that sperm can live inside you for 5 days so it is entirely possible that you may be pregnant.

2dpo today for me. I don't feel overly confi2 this cycle for some reason.
I hope I am wrong

MissMooMoo Tue 28-May-19 13:31:52

Anyone still around? I am 7dpo today and feeling very impatient.
I got a very strong positive with ds at 8dpo so may do a cheapy test tomorrow

Isntthatalwaystheway Tue 28-May-19 18:37:15

@MissMooMoo I'm still here! 9dpo and not feeling too positive, I did a FRER yesterday and got a BFN - still have everything crossed that I tested too early though.. Going to wait until Saturday when I'm due on! Oooh exciting you'll test tomorrow, any symptoms so far?

MissMooMoo Tue 28-May-19 19:10:37

Shame about the BFN but like you said there is still lots of time!
My boobs are really sore just like last time the only thing is that I stopped BFing my ds only 3 days ago so I think its likely from that and not pregnancy.

isntthatslwaystheway Tue 28-May-19 19:24:12

That could be the case, they may be adjusting, I remember when I finished feeding my Boobs didn't feel quite right for a while after! X

Novasky1 Tue 28-May-19 20:54:47

Still here too! 9dpo...am gonna test Thurs evening..no symptoms really..boobs tender at the sides..but could be pms...so not too hopeful..at this stage nothing can change the outcome so come what may 🤞🏻

MissMooMoo Wed 29-May-19 10:55:07

It was a BFN,not surprised as its still very early on.
I will wait until the weekend to try another one.

isntthatslwaystheway Wed 29-May-19 11:19:41

@MissMooMoo Oh No, sorry to hear that but you're right - it's likely to early smile We're still
In this yet! smileI'm going to test on Saturday Morning I think, I'm 10 DPO today x

Novasky1 Thu 30-May-19 09:03:03

11dpo and bfn so I'm out..feel grand..nearly 5 weeks since d&c so I'm not too surprised or deflated. Onto June. Best of luck everyone x

isntthatslwaystheway Thu 30-May-19 09:15:14

@Novasky1 Sorry to hear that and best of luck for you too! 🤞 I'm holding out to test until tomorrow but have my usual AF cramps so pretty sure I'm too.. ah well, Next month it is for us! X

MissMooMoo Thu 30-May-19 11:04:45

@novasky1 sorry to hear,although there is still time if it is a late implanter!

9Dpo here and boobs are REALLY tender and sore. They feel exactly how they did just before I got a BFP when was pregnant with my ds,although it could just be stopping BF related.

isntthatslwaystheway Thu 30-May-19 16:21:57

Urgh! Annoyed at myself, tested earlier than I said I would and now I'm desperately looking to see if there's the faintest line.. pretty sure it's a BFN.. right? sad

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »