Talk

Advanced search

Fertility Gel

(15 Posts)
Emmalowri Mon 20-May-19 15:27:21

Hey you lovely lot, I’ve been reading about sperm friendly lube and thought I’d give this one a go.. have any of you tried the Tesco Fertility Gel? Any success stories?

Rosie16 Mon 20-May-19 15:56:25

Don’t mean to probe but are you having problems? Have you been trying long? If not I’d give it a miss!
I don’t find many of Tesco’s products very good. I tried there ovulation tests they were crap! The following month I decided to try the method of lots of sex. Every other day if I could for 3 weeks around my fertile window and I got pregnant that month.

I know it’s not easy for everyone but honestly wouldn’t waste your money on Tesco stuff! Good luck xxx

Rosie16 Mon 20-May-19 16:25:02

Also, hope that didn’t sound rude. Just trying to make a point that most of Tesco’s stuff is crap smile

squirrelnutkins1 Mon 20-May-19 19:16:45

We're using preseed. I'd say anything is worth a go tho 👍🏻

Emmalowri Mon 20-May-19 19:37:38

@Rosie16 we’re not having trouble but we’re starting our 4th cycle and thought we’d give this a go to see if maybe it boosts anything. Yeah I agree the Tesco stuff isn’t the best, the pregnancy tests are a pile of crap! But we use lube anyway as my DF has a rather big willy, so I figured this one is a sperm friendly version

Emmalowri Mon 20-May-19 19:38:09

Oh btw DF was supposed to be Darling fiancé 😂

MsSquiz Mon 20-May-19 19:40:58

We didn't use the Tesco one, we used pre-seed, and got our BFP the 2nd month of using it. This was after TTC for 18 months and using OPKs for about 6 months.

Rororo412 Mon 20-May-19 19:47:41

“DF (darling father) has a rather big willy, ”
Hahaha oh that did make me chuckle

GinUnicorn Mon 20-May-19 19:49:01

@MsSquiz which one is the preseed one? Might try that

MsSquiz Mon 20-May-19 19:58:45

@GinUnicorn it's made by First Response who do the pregnancy tests, I think I ordered from Amazon but here's a link to the FR site

https://www.firstresponse.com/en/product-listings/fertility-friendly-lubricant

Obviously I can't say that it's because of pre-seed that we conceived, but if we were ever to try again for another, I would definitely use it from the start

squirrelnutkins1 Mon 20-May-19 20:06:51

I've found eBay to be the cheapest for preseed. We don't use the applicators, just use it as lube. Without being TMI, it really does help OHs swimmers stay up there better than other lube we've tried!

I freaked out for a sec when I saw "DF" 🤣

GinUnicorn Tue 21-May-19 07:39:23

Thanks @MsSquiz

susso Tue 21-May-19 09:46:16

I'd give it a try- you have nothing to lose 😄 we've tried pressed and conceive plus- used pressed for months and nothing. Conceived on first month using conceive plus. Pregnancy didn't continue but I still think it was this that made us conceive that month 😊 good luck. Xx

poppet131 Tue 21-May-19 12:58:24

I’d also second pre-seed! TTC for 5 months and it worked the month that we tried it. We bought it from Amazon. Good luck!

Tryin4no2 Tue 21-May-19 20:05:41

Also used pre-seed and fertilaid CM tablets too (which I think helped conceive our DD - it took 3 years although not long after fertilaid CM) - not that it’s done the job for baby no 2 as yet.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »