Talk

Advanced search

TTC-Early AF

(9 Posts)
Frozeneverafter Sun 19-May-19 21:59:15

Hi all,

This is my first post on mumsnet. I'm here because we are trying to conceive and will be going into our third cycle thanks to the early arrival of AF yesterday. I'm 28 and my OH is 33. I was 8dpo and had peak ovulation on a Clearblue ovulation test on CD16 of my cycle. It really shocked me yesterday and I felt sad to not only be out for the month but to not even have had the build up to a test. I suppose if there is a silver line then it's that it has actually saved me a bit of money.
I've read lots of information about implantation bleeding but after today I'm sure it is just AF. Just wondered if anybody else had experienced this?
My cycle is now at 25 days and the app I have been using has placed ovulation as much sooner. I am no expert but in just assuming the egg wasn't viable. I feel so down. I didn't realise it would be this upsetting. My OH has been really understanding. I guess part of this post is just me getting it off my chest and helping me rationalise it all.

If you have read this far then, thank you. Thoughts, comments etc. are all appreciated!

Frozeneverafter Sun 19-May-19 22:01:19

Apologies, It should say 'I am just assuming' not 'in'.

poptypingchef Sun 19-May-19 22:27:25

Hi Frozen

I’ve had a similar thing happen to me and it super sucks. When it comes early it can throw you off. It made me feel better to make a resolution not to test until after AF is due - whatever gets you through confused

I am trying to make myself feel better by telling myself:

1. I’ve saved money on tests
2. My new cycle will start sooner rather than waiting another few days to then be disappointed and THEN having to start all over again.
3. An extra month of saving
4. An opportunity to learn more about your cycle

It’s lovely that you have an understanding partner and you have his support. Try to find your positive angle to focus on. I wish you the best of luck smile

poptypingchef Sun 19-May-19 22:31:00

Should also say we are all here to vent to if you need us.

Frozeneverafter Mon 20-May-19 21:37:33

Hi,

Thank you. I really like the outlook. You're right, it does save money and my next cycle will be here sooner. Going to do the SMEP but torn about the ovulation testing as I don't know if I want the stress.

I really appreciate the space to vent. I feel terrible as I confided in my sister but I don't think she knows what to say and I didn't get much in the way of a reply. That's why I came on here as I knew there would be people out there who have been or are going through similar.

Beclaboo Mon 20-May-19 21:47:11

@frozeneverafter I am going through the exact same! My period is early and completely off, quite light peppered with heavy moments. I did a pregnancy test just to check nothing was “wrong”

I have put mine down to stress due to travelling - other than the crushing stress of ttc is there anything else that could have affected your cycle and brought it forward? I don’t like to test for ovulation as it would really stress me out I just try dtd often!

I think your positives list is spot on and I’m going to steal those thoughts now 😉

Skyla01 Mon 20-May-19 21:51:53

@frozeneverafter sorry you're feeling down. I hope you feel better soon. Plus a new cycle is a new chance! If you don't want to do lots of opk why not try smep without the testing this month? If you do lots of DTD you're very likely to catch ovulation anyway.

Frozeneverafter Tue 21-May-19 19:49:23

Thank you for the replies. We are definitely going forward with SMEP on this next cycle. I'm also going to try reduce my stress. I work in a highly stressful job and I don't think it helps.

Savvysaz Wed 22-May-19 20:02:33

This happened to me last cycle! I knew when I ovulated due to cb ovulation sticks and yet AF arrived at 11 dpo which was 5 days early! I’m never early. It sucked but it meant I got back on the bus quicker than if AF had been late!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »