Talk

Advanced search

What do i have to do after pozitive pregnancy test?

(9 Posts)
Sunshine3105 Sun 19-May-19 19:19:48

Plz could someone advise me what is the next step after positive test?

peachgreen Sun 19-May-19 19:22:20

Congratulations! I'm assuming you want to keep the baby. Give your GP's surgery a call and ask if they want to see you or will refer you straight to the midwife who'll see you at 12 weeks.

Squiff70 Sun 19-May-19 19:23:13

You need to book in with the midwife by contacting your GP's surgery. You don't need an appointment with a doctor to do this. Eat healthily, cut out all alcohol and as much caffiene as possible. Congratulations! flowers

Whycantistaymotivated Sun 19-May-19 19:23:16

Depends where you are

I'm in Manchester UK, I booked in to see the midwife at my GP surgery when I thought I'd be 8 weeks. Found out when I was about 5 weeks so made the appointment then. They would see me before 8 weeks and I didn't have to see my doctor

Congratulations btw

Whycantistaymotivated Sun 19-May-19 19:24:06

Oh and don't forget your pregnancy vitamins 😁

Sunshine3105 Sun 19-May-19 19:27:27

Thank you ladies....I found out on Friday...the test said 1-2 weeks....by my calendar my last perion was on 21st April.. we had sex on 5th and my ovulation day was on 6th...so i guess the test should show this week 2-3....

Sunshine3105 Sun 19-May-19 19:28:48

Of course i will keep it....im 34 in two weeks so the right time....cant believe it

LondonGirl83 Sun 19-May-19 20:11:14

Congratulations!

Where I live, for you should call your GP who will book you in around 6 weeks and arrange for which hospital will deal with your care including your 12 week scan.

Regarding dangers, stop eating fish with high amounts of mercury, cured meat, sushi, cut back on caffeine, don't change litter boxes, etc.

Do take prenatal vitamins, or at least a folic acid supplements if you aren't already.

BlackPrism Sun 19-May-19 21:58:43

Positive

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »