Talk

Advanced search

Line eyes please! Evap?

(13 Posts)
Doubletroubletest Sat 18-May-19 21:24:02

Aaaaa really panicking
Did a test earlier about 2 hours ago. Came up negative. Left it in my coat pocket and thought nothing more of it until I got it out of my pocket later and found a cross! I panicked and did another test after which came back negative!

Doubletroubletest Sat 18-May-19 21:24:44

Here’s the ‘positive’ test

butterflykiss00 Sat 18-May-19 21:26:35

Looks like a line to me smile

Mrsmummy90 Sat 18-May-19 21:27:32

If the line appeared after the time limit, personally I wouldn't trust it.

Leave it a couple of days and then do a pink dye test as you'll get a more accurate result.

I hope you get the result you want op x

EssJayyCee Sat 18-May-19 21:28:38

If it was negative in the time frame and left for a long while it may have turned into an evap.

Test again in a couple of days and you should have your answer smile

Doubletroubletest Sat 18-May-19 22:14:14

Thanks everyone for your help.
The line is blue though- does that make a difference? Aren’t evaps normally grey?

Doubletroubletest Sat 18-May-19 22:15:01

Definitely going to test again though!
Do you recommend an FRER or clearblue?

TildaTurnip Sat 18-May-19 22:16:44

Get a digital if poss to take away any ambiguity. Blue seem less reliable than pink for evaps.

MrsFraserB Sat 18-May-19 23:16:14

I also wouldn't trust it if it was after the timeframe. Good luck with your next test x

Kinsters Sun 19-May-19 07:41:40

I think it's a myth that evaps can't have colour. The dye can sometimes get stuck in the test line indent and then be pulled to the surface as the test dries. That's what I've read anyway.

I think either a FRER or a CB digital would be fine. FRERs are very sensitive but the digitals give the least ambiguous result.

hopefully2019 Sun 19-May-19 23:06:07

I had the exact same test from my local chemist and it give me a BFP after 3 years trying. Unfortunately it was a false BFP. Please look up on how blue tests aren't the best. I'm not trying to dampen your mood, I'm just telling you my experiences and not to get your hopes up. Good luck keep us all posted.

Sending baby dust xxxxx

Cottonwoolmouth Sun 19-May-19 23:08:07

Get a digital test

hopefully2019 Sun 19-May-19 23:59:05

FRER are the best if early on compared to digital smile digital requires more hormone than FRER and aren't as sensitive smile xxxxx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »