Talk

Advanced search

MUST you have EWCM to ovulate?

(7 Posts)
lankyliscuits Sat 18-May-19 17:05:13

CD10 - DTD
CD11 - Bad pain which I associate with ovaulation in the evening. Did OPK (late, at around 9:30pm) which was strong but I didn't consider positive at the time.
CD12 - OPK test in morning definitely negative so now considering last night's as a positive!
CD13 - DTD
CD14 - DTD
CD16 - DTD

For, I think, the first time since we've been trying, we haven't used lube this month - I don't know if it's truth or myth that lube "kills" sperm but considering this and our DTD timing I'm feeling positive this month. I also am regularly taking folic acid now. But I don't seem to have had any EWCM this month?! Which makes me question whether ovulation has actually taken place... Is EWCM a necessity/can ovulation happen without EWCM being present?

Comps83 Sat 18-May-19 18:50:15

Duno how to put this politely so I won’t grin I’ve been dry as a bone since god only knows when (think the pill does this)and it didn’t change when I came off the pill and now I’m 8wks gone.

RudyRoo Sat 18-May-19 21:10:35

I don't think so. I didn't have much ewcm at all and got BFP. Used preseed, might be worth getting some if you haven't already!

Summerorjustmaybe Sat 18-May-19 21:13:25

I have many many dc and never ever noticed ewcm!!

Foxmuffin Sat 18-May-19 21:14:18

I didn’t have a single positive ovulation test, so imagine my surprise when I was pregnant. You might get so little that you haven’t noticed it. Don’t get hung up on it.

lankyliscuits Sat 18-May-19 21:52:13

@Comps83 😂 anything goes on here, nothing can be said that goes too far I don't think!

@RudyRoo thanks, that's comforting to hear! I need to have a look into preseed definitely, think that'll be a next month job if we're out this month.

@Summerorjustmaybe thank you for replying. I think it's because I've noticed it before so I know I do get it but seems to be non-existent this month 🙄

@Foxmuffin thanks! Yeah, I still wouldn't consider the OPK I did on Monday night to be positive as the test line definitely wasn't as dark as/darker than the control line but it wasn't far off... I hate this waiting game and symptom spotting 😬

MrsFraserB Sat 18-May-19 23:19:24

I have also been dry since being on medication for anxiety. Use preseed instead of lube now, simple swap x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »