Talk

Advanced search

Newbie ttc for 1st baby!

(39 Posts)
Beck2277 Fri 17-May-19 18:51:43

Hi everyone, I would love to speak to others that are new to this ttc malarky! Me and my partner decided to start trying last month and I'm due AF over the next couple of days. Im not 100% sure how long my cycle is but definitely between 28-30 days (af would be due today if 28). Not sure when I ovulated but had ewcm on the 7th so could have been around then. I had some period like cramps yesterday but nothing major so not sure if I'm going to be a lucky one or not!

smallsocks Fri 17-May-19 19:15:14

Hey there smile I'm also very new to TTC, I had a contraceptive implant but I got it removed a couple of days ago on the 15th! My cycle's never been regular, so our initial plan is to just keep trying regularly and hope that I ovulate at some point, and see how that plan goes for a while haha.

Good luck to you! let us know how things go?

Beck2277 Fri 17-May-19 19:21:47

Thanks you too! Hopefully it starts becoming regular smile

coconutcub Fri 17-May-19 19:35:16

Hello, I'm 29 and TTC #1. AF due 2 weeks time then we are going to TTC after that! I'm excited but scared at the same time! I'm taking some vitamins, trying to eat healthy home cooked meals through the week (treats at the weekend 😜) and got some cheap ovulation strips from Amazon as well as the clearblue digital ovulation sticks.
Nice to have people on the same journey as you to talk to!

Beck2277 Fri 17-May-19 19:41:02

Absolutely! So daunting haha just one of those things that you have no idea about in terms of how easy or hard it will be! I've not started ovulation sticks yet as wanted to try and stay as relaxed as possible as worried it will stress me out... if nothing happens with regularly dtd then I'll give them a go though smile

Skyla01 Fri 17-May-19 20:49:50

Hi, I'm kinda new too! Stopped pill in March but only just had a period so this will be my first cycle TTC properly.
It's hard not to become obsessed with this process already! I'm going to try and stay chilled out. And not going to take any pregnancy tests until AF is late (well, that's my plan!). Will try lots of DTD and see where we are in a few months. Also not planning to use opk at first.

Beck2277 Fri 17-May-19 21:09:38

Sound very similar smile I have already tried poas but way too early so totally pointless! Trying not to unless af doesn't come by Monday. Will see! Hopefully we both have beginners luck!

Skyla01 Fri 17-May-19 21:27:39

I took two randoms tests about a month ago, just in case as I hadn't bled at all since stopping pill. Both negative of course, so I want to save my tests for when I'm in with a better chance! For you it sounds like Monday is a sensible day to test.
It is such an exciting time! I just hope we all get lucky in a few cycles, before it starts to get tricky. Do many of your friends have kids?

Beck2277 Fri 17-May-19 21:48:35

Yeah quite a few of them. Not all though. Fingers crossed on Monday theres happy news! I definitely think doing too many tests will make it worse so going to try and avoid it but know I have limited patience!

Abi58 Fri 17-May-19 22:41:42

Hi can I join? smile

I stopped the pill at the end of March, finally had a bleed/af first weekend in May and had a positive opk Tuesday.

Weds and thurs (and still a little today) had really bad worse than af cramps mostly one sided

Left (same side) sore shooting pain in boob

Nausea (comes quite bad in waves)
And this afternoon I'm sniffling and sore throat (tonsillitis type sore)

I know it's far to early to get oh symptoms, if I had to guess I'd say it's from surge of hormones from ov

Lauraloop1516 Fri 17-May-19 22:48:34

waves I'm a newbie too! Age 30, ttc number 1. AF due next Thursday - good luck on Monday! I'm driving myself a bit mad with symptom spotting, but I think (hope) it's still a bit early.

Beck2277 Fri 17-May-19 22:56:21

So nice to hear from more people! So hard not symptom spotting!! I'm just trying to stay as calm as possible but not sure that will last... I'm 30 too so all similar ages! Is everyone from the UK?

Lauraloop1516 Fri 17-May-19 23:14:47

Yup - Scotland!

EssJayyCee Sat 18-May-19 08:27:21

Hi,
I am TTC baby number 1

I have irregular cycles.
We started trying at the beginning of March... and I am still on the same cycle currently at CD69 I think I have may have ovulated in the last few days as BBT suggests but that isn't 100% accurate.

I have a couple of cycles at a just over average length of 37/38 days then get a stupid long one and sometimes really short ones.
My TTC journey is going to be a long one unfortunately sad

Skyla01 Sat 18-May-19 08:28:25

I've found I've had lots of hormonal type symptoms, especially cramps and nausea. I think our bodies are extra sensitive to all the hormone shifts now after so many years on the pill.
Good luck to everyone!

Skyla01 Sat 18-May-19 08:32:41

Wow EssJayyCee that's a very long cycle! I take it you've done a pregnancy test just to make sure? Long cycles must be annoying if it's harder to track ovulation. Hope the tracking helps. I guess if you do ovulate there's still a good chance of pregnancy so stay hopeful xx

NLouise123 Sat 18-May-19 08:45:09

If you don't mind, I'm going to hop on smile

TTC baby number 1, currently on my first cycle pill free, not sure how long this cycle will take, I've been on the pill for so long! Flo currently has me OV on the 20th and AF on the 4th of June! DTD almost everyday! Not sure if I can keep up the pace haha!

coconutcub Sat 18-May-19 08:50:34

I live in Wales!

@Skyla01 when I came off the pill after 8 years, I started to be able to feel the start of my ovulation with cramping. Also my boobs are tender for about 2/3 weeks in a month now so thats fun 😂

Good luck on your journeys everyone! Glad we can support each other.

Beck2277 Sat 18-May-19 09:18:01

Good to have everyone here ladies! I am so paranoid I'm going to be getting af today, had a few cramps but no sign yet. We will see!

NLouise123 Sat 18-May-19 09:47:03

@Beck2277 Have you been tempted to test yet?

Beck2277 Sat 18-May-19 09:50:46

I took a couple of tests this week knowing it was too early but I'm impatient haha obviously negative! Im going to try and hold out until tomorrow or Monday if I can, kinda think I'll be getting AF today so will see what happens smile so hard to wait!

Skyla01 Sat 18-May-19 11:52:21

NLouise123 lots of DTD is our plan too! I'm only cd3 but later next week we'll try for every other day at least. I agree might be hard to keep it up, but fingers crossed for positive tests within a few cycles before we get fed up of DTD!
Beck2277 keep us updated!

EssJayyCee Sat 18-May-19 12:46:10

@Skyla01 yes I have done a pregnancy test about 6 days ago. Negative.

Tracking does help a little bit but it is also very stressful when the days go by and you still have no record of ovulation or anything normal!

In all honesty I am just hoping with everything crossed that AF will be here soon! Then I can start again and hope for a shorter more normal cycle!

1990shopefulftm Sat 18-May-19 12:50:12

Hello, i m in my first month was expecting af on thursday (but i had a 25 day cycle last month) so my normal day of af being due is tommorow, had two negative tests (one of which was this morning) so seems not to be my month.

NLouise123 Sat 18-May-19 12:55:45

@Skyla01 We're on CD 12, unfortunately my predicted OV (20th) day is the first day I'm in London with work. OH has already said we're DTD right before I leave and as soon as I walk in on the 24th grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »