Talk

Advanced search

Should I get a blood test ?

(6 Posts)
Framlingham2 Fri 17-May-19 06:31:32

Hello ladies,

I wondered if someone could help.

I am 11 DPO and yesterday got my first faint positives on FRERs and internet cheapies. Big yay!

I've been TTCing for 8 months. I had a chemical pregnancy in my November cycle.

I'm very very nervous to say the least.

I'm worried that maybe I have low progesterone.

I am wondering whether I should go and see a private fertility doctor and get a progesterone / hcg blood test and then see if they prescribe progesterone to increase my chances with this pregnancy.

However, as I'm only 11 DPO and lines are still faint, the last thing I need is for them to tell me that I'm not pregnant/ it's not viable.

The issue is that I am on calendar day 35 today, so they'll assume I'm further along than I am. However I know that I didn't ovulate until calendar day 24-25. However if you go by my last MLP it looks like I'm already past 4 weeks.

Does anyone have experience at this ? I just want to do everything I can. Thank you for reading.

Whyhaveidonethis Fri 17-May-19 07:17:20

Hi, sorry I don't have any advice, but I wanted to hand hold you. I'm currently 14dpo.got a positive. (4 actually) on 11dpo but the line isn't getting any darker. If you go to the doctor and exoskeleton you are 11dpo I'm sure they will listen to you.

Framlingham2 Fri 17-May-19 07:47:50

Thank you for your reply, I really appreciate it. I might go anyway and just discuss my concerns/ ideas. There is not much control we have over this. I hope your situation turns out good for you. All my prayers are with you.

Framlingham2 Tue 21-May-19 21:38:24

Hi whyhaveidonethis,

How's your situation progressing ?

I did end up going to the doc and I've had two blood draws that showed normal levels of HCG and progesterone for the stage of pregnancy that I'm at.

However I'm feeling pretty crampy since last night and had the slightest brownish discharge. So that's not so great.. in any case, I hope you're situation is good.

Whyhaveidonethis Tue 21-May-19 22:15:56

Hi @Framlingham2 good to hear that your blood results were good. Unfortunately for me, my BFPs got lighter and lighter until yesterday they were barely visible, I also had some light spotting on one or two days and yesterday afternoon I lost the pregnancy.

Your news sounds much better though, are you going to have a scan?

Framlingham2 Wed 22-May-19 15:04:44

Oh no, I'm very very sorry to hear that. This has also happened to me, so I understand what you're going through and really feel for you. Be kind to yourself and try to do anything that makes you feel a little happy if you can.

It's still very early days for me, so who knows. One day at a time. No scan or anything planned yet. I'm just taking it easy and seeing how things go and also just trying to do things to make myself a little happy. Like watch a lot of Netflix 😂 and relaxing.

All the best to you.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »