Talk

Advanced search

happy endings please...

(6 Posts)
peggyjean Thu 16-May-19 15:34:35

posting again as first one doesn't seemed to have worked.

I'm wondering if anyone out there has any against all odds happy ending stories they could share to cheer me up after a bit of a miserable morning at the hospital. We have been ttc for 5 years since I was 30, was mis-diagnosed with PCOS and took a while for docs to work out I had fibroids including one massive one which was removed by open myomectomy last year, followed by another op to remove the scarring a few months ago. Finally got referred for ivf, hormones good, ovarian reserves good, DH all fine, then they asked to do an aquascan and this morning was told I have more fibroids requiring another op plus my endometrium is thin and uneven, ranging from 5.7mm to 2.3mm. Had just started to feel more hopeful that with the ivf we had more chances of the end of the struggle being in sight and now feel back to square one and pretty blue, tbh.

So hoping at least one of you might indulge my moment of self pity and cheer me up with some tales of happy results in the face of similar obstacles! thanks so much ladies...

blackfriars Thu 16-May-19 16:53:14

I haven't got a story but didn't want to read and run - sorry to hear about your bad news and fingers crossed you get a BFP soon.

peggyjean Thu 16-May-19 17:25:23

That's really kind of you blackfriars, thank you.

BaweB Fri 17-May-19 07:03:24

I don't have any similar stories but I'm sure that it will be OK. You're still young and have time. It must be incredibly hard for you but I really do think that you'll be OK AND it's good they've identified the problems. My cousins tried for 7 years to have a baby before conceiving naturally at 40 (my cousin and his wife! My cousins didn't marry each other!)

Good luck xxx

peggyjean Fri 17-May-19 11:35:51

Thanks so much BaweB, grateful for your encouragement. All feeling a bit sharp at the moment as all my friends are on to their 2nd babies, when we have been trying longer than any of them...and thanks for the incest clarification!

purplefig Fri 17-May-19 11:43:04

Sorry to hear that, 5 years is a really long time to be going through this journey. If it's positive stories you're after, I wonder if you might have more luck posting in the pregnancy section? As the majority of posters in there will have got their BFPs and some may have similar backgrounds to you. Wishing you all the best and I truly hope you get your BFP soon.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »