Talk

Advanced search

Calling bbt experts

(5 Posts)
Chanel05 Thu 16-May-19 15:25:14

Surgical management for mmc 14 days ago. I bled for 6 days, none for 4 days and then I spotted for 3 days. Yesterday I had a fair bit of bleeding.

This morning I had a very faint positive (it's much lighter than yesterday) pregnancy test. Based on my temp drop this morning, is it likely that I'm almost finished mc and the hcg is now very low?

awakeatnight Fri 17-May-19 06:18:23

I'm so sorry for your loss and everything you're going through. It's a horrible thing to experience.

I think you're right than but it's impossible to say. Our bodies and hormones are a mess post miscarriage and not only do we all react differently but we heal differently in ourselves each time too.

The hcg clearing is key to starting a fresh cycle but that's not to say you will ovulate before af starts.

Here are my post d&c at 11 weeks charts. As you can see, not a text book pattern although admittedly I wasnt temping properly in the aftermath it's pretty clear I didn't ovulate. I can't remember exactly when I tested but pretty sure it was around 2 weeks post procedure.

My next again cycle was normal and third cycle... 6 weeks pregnant smile

Good luck to you.

Chanel05 Fri 17-May-19 06:23:22

Thank you and wishing you lots of baby dust this time.

It's been wild again today and went up 0.6 degrees!

awakeatnight Fri 17-May-19 06:40:31

Rereading, my consultant did say to let the early pregnancy support unit know if I was still bleeding after 14 days. Might be worth you calling and checking in just to make sure there's no retained products.

Take good care of your self, I hope you have plenty of support at home and a considerate medical team.

Xx

Chanel05 Fri 17-May-19 06:52:54

Thank you @awakeatnight. I checked my discharge notes and it said 2-3 weeks on there.

I've been doing clear blue digitals and I had 5 days of low fertility and this morning had a flashing smiley. Could I be becoming fertile? Hpt was again barely visible, a real squinter.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »