Talk

Advanced search

happy endings please!

(3 Posts)
peggyjean Thu 16-May-19 11:05:44

Hi there, I'm wondering if anyone out there has anyone against the odds happy ending stories they might be able to share to cheer me up as I feel unappealingly sorry for myself in a bleak hospital branch of costa coffee?

We have been ttc for 5 years now since I was 30, took a long while for them to figure out I had a fair few fibroids including one 20 cm beast, had open myomectomy last year, then another hysteroscopy two months ago to remove the scarring. Finally been referred for ivf, got good hormonal levels, ovarian reserves etc, was feeling we were turning a corner, then was referred for an acquascan. Just had it and discovered I need another op for more fibroids, plus my womb lining is thin and irregular - between 5.7mm and 2.3mm. Kicking myself for allowing myself a little bit of hope, and feeling rather crushed. Friends all around me having 2nd babies who didn't even start trying until 2 years after us - sorry for the horrible self pity, so ridiculous, but would love to hear if anyone else has had similar issues and managed to get there in the end!

Thanks so much ladies x

poptypingchef Sat 18-May-19 10:04:19

@peggyjean hope you are ok, didn’t want to read and run.

Not personally but I have 3 friends all with trouble, one only had half an over and has a lovely little girl now. Now I think of it my aunt was in a similar position to you and has a 10 year old now.

It’s bitterly disappointing each month, I like to take comfort and tell myself it’ll happen against the odds for us.

Be kind to yourself

peggyjean Sat 18-May-19 18:21:32

Thank you so much poptypingchef, really appreciate the solidarity. It's a cruel cycle to be stuck in isn't it? It really helps to hear from others in the same boat, and hopeful stories too, thank you.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »