Talk

Advanced search

Struggling with BV

(2 Posts)
Kermit1011 Wed 15-May-19 13:39:34

Hello everyone I’m new to mumsnet so please be kind 😬 we are ttc number 1 and since coming off of the pill I have been experiencing chronic BV, I have had this once in the past when I was younger and a course of balance active gel brought from boots seemed to do the job. However this time every time I think I’ve shifted it, it seems to come back the next month. I never had a problem whilst on the pill I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and what they used?! I have a box of metronidazole prescribed from the (useless and unsympathetic) doctor but am a bit reluctant to take it as I don’t have a good experience with antibiotics, and have heard it can come straight back 😩 ANY tips welcome. Thanks

Whyhaveidonethis Thu 16-May-19 13:09:48

I've had this for years. Go to GP. Get antibiotics. It's the only thing that cleared mine. My partner (male) also had to take them too in the end as I got it after sex everytime!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »