Talk

Advanced search

Doctor told me theres no way im pregnant 🤔

(17 Posts)
Luckylola12 Wed 15-May-19 10:14:11

So im currently on cd 47. Cycles vary 39/41 days. No sign of af. Bfn on tests. Had really bad stomach pains most the day y.day. i called the doctor as i never get any pain when af is due but she said theres no way im pregnant and its a sign that ive got a heavy period due. Still no af today. How long after stomach pain can af take to arrive?
Also is there any chance i ovulated late in my cycle and the pain was actually something else?
I guess thats wishfull thinking aa doctor must be right!

MrsC89 Wed 15-May-19 11:40:06

@Luckylola12 still no AF here either. I'm so sorry I cant so anything, but offer moral support

Luckylola12 Wed 15-May-19 13:20:43

@mrsc89 thankyou 😊 i just want answers lol! As im sure you do to! X

doubleshotespresso Wed 15-May-19 13:25:21

This sounds very familiar, I was told I could not be pregnant and I need to drink more fluids, had kidney problems etc... (all of these turned out to be untrue).

DD will be 5 in June.... ;-)

Seeleyboo Wed 15-May-19 14:17:07

Have you tried testing

PerspicaciaTick Wed 15-May-19 14:20:50

The doctor told you over the phone that you are definitely not pregnant. That is weird.
I'd do a test.

codenameduchess Wed 15-May-19 14:30:08

Have you done a test? Why did you ring your doctor to ask if you could be pregnant?

You can just get longer cycles sometimes and if you're ttc and symptom spotting it's torture! hope it's a good outcome for you though

bluebluezoo Wed 15-May-19 14:32:35

Bfn on tests

From the o/p for pp above grin

Home tests are usually fairly reliable so i guess the dr is going from those. No point in repeating.

I think your only option is watch and wait ant the moment...

choccybiscuit Wed 15-May-19 15:03:13

When I was late, my doctor said to test three weeks after the last time we had sex, I suppose it was just in case we ovulated late

Luckylola12 Wed 15-May-19 15:48:14

Last time i did a test was this tuesday just gone and it was negative so thats why she said im not. I didnt ring to ask if i was pregnant i rang because of the pain as i never get any pain so then she talked through what it could and couldnt be. I guess ill just have to wait!

Luckylola12 Wed 15-May-19 15:48:55

@doubleshotespresso wow really?!? Did you have long cycles aswell?

RomanyQueen1 Wed 15-May-19 15:52:46

I was told I wasn't pg, they even did scans, all negative. Long story short, had one last test before surgery that should never have been and luckily it confirmed, otherwise they'd have killed my baby.
When I challenged the scan results they said it wasn't where they were looking.
Friends said I should take them to court, but was so grateful not to be seriously ill and at 22 weeks was too bothered getting stuff together and coming to terms with it all.

yes, they can be wrong. thanks

MrsFogi Wed 15-May-19 15:53:46

You may be or not but work on the basis you are. My gynaecologist told me definitively I was not (treated me like an idiot for suggesting I was) and prescribed various drugs absolutely contra-indicated in pregnancy. I was and I lost the baby at 20 weeks as a result.

Luckylola12 Sat 18-May-19 19:11:50

@romanyqueen1 thanks for sharing! I cant believe that! Didnt know they could be so wrong! Still no af....took a test and it was a bfn, im on cd50 now

@mrsfogi thanks for sharing! Im so sorry for your loss that is awful 😪 hope you get some luck soon!

WorkingItOutAsIGo Sat 18-May-19 19:13:25

If it is a bad pain you ought to get checked out in case it’s an ectopic pregnancy.

Luckylola12 Sat 18-May-19 19:15:29

@workingitoutasigo i no longer have the pain luckily! Just dont know whats going on? No af, bfn test ahh!

WorkingItOutAsIGo Sat 18-May-19 23:29:17

Glad you are out of pain!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »