Talk

Advanced search

When did people get positives?

(5 Posts)
Janelb9 Tue 14-May-19 22:00:45

I’m on day 37 which is 2 days late for AF, had spotting 2 weeks ago, and had/having the occasional pinky discharge but only last an hour or two every other day. I’ve statted getting very light cramps and only notice them when I actually think and focus on it.

I took a test today hoping for the best but this is what I got.. a negative sad.

Has anyone had this before, and/or got a negative before a positive?
I’ve attacked pics of my test.
The light looking second line seems to have been the light

Abi58 Wed 15-May-19 01:02:59

@Janelb9
Unfortunately I can't help from experience I'm ttc #1 not had my bfp yet.

Although I have been reading lots of other threads and general googling.

How many dpo are you?

Are you normally regular?

I think it's very possible to get a positive later than af being due. It depends how much hcg hormone you produce so yours might just be taking a while to build up to a detectable level?

Kinsters Wed 15-May-19 03:12:25

When you get a positive depends on when your embryo implanted and how sensitive the test you're using is.

If you're using a really sensitive test like a FRER you would possibly see a positive just a couple of days after implantation takes place (so most people would see their first positive between 9 and 12 days post ovulation because implantation normally happens from 7 to 10 days post ovulation). For a less sensitive test you'd need to wait longer than that.

EnjoyItAll Wed 15-May-19 14:33:32

I used a first response test and got mine 1 day before af due with a pretty strong line. My cycles were on average 33 days and I don’t know for certain but think i would have been 14 dpo at the time of the test but as I didn’t track mine properly it’s only an estimation

hopefully2019 Wed 15-May-19 17:28:32

I had BFP on FRER 6DPO. it was a clear strong positive also. Crazy

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »