Talk

Advanced search

Cyclogest to help conception

(1 Post)
Mummylobster Mon 13-May-19 15:29:33

Hi ladies,

I’m new here though I had been reading various threads here for a long time. I wonder if I could get some insights from your experience

I had a miscarriage at 7 weeks Aug 2018 and have been trying to conceive again since October 18. My cycles have been varying between 33-38 days, with only last month the cycle was 43 days, not sure why.

This cycle, saw my Gynaecologist, he suggested try cyclogest after ovulation for 10 days. My husband and I had booked a holiday around ovulation to ‘try to help the process’. I had a scan 1 week before and the gynaecologist predicted it would be around Thu / Fri (2/3rd May). I got flashing smiley face on clear blue digital ovulation test from Thu - Sun. I previously had confusing results with the Cb digital test before so started on cyclogest on Thu just in case. I ran out of test sticks so I bought a normal boots ovulation test sticks after and Monday 6th I had a very strong positive ovulation result. We did the deed almost every day from 2nd - 9th May. So had quite good feeling.

However I started bleeding 3 days after the positive ovulation result but would have been 1 week from the date the gynaecologist predicted. The bleeding has been very light flow (1 pad a day) and off and on and no clot. It’s been on and off for about 5 days now. Dr said it’s normal and not to worry and carry on with cyclogest but doesn’t confirm/explain what it is. Has anyone experienced similar symptoms with cyclogest? Is this a super early period or some other kind of bleeding? Is all hope lost for this month? 😩😔

Thank you, I’d really appreciate any thought or insight!!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »