Talk

Advanced search

Weird skin tags in pregnancy

(9 Posts)
Ellikopter Sun 12-May-19 09:39:20

Hi all I'm 38 weeks pregnant and have this odd skin tag on my elbow, I'm having to go to have it biopsied to check it it's nothing sinister, has anyone experienced weird skin tags or legions and turned out to be nothing? X

Michellebops Sun 12-May-19 17:25:17

You e posted this on the conception page instead of pregnancy. Just in case you want to ask admin to move it.

I found I got lots of skintags when I was pregnant. It's quite common and mines disappeared afterwards except for a couple that I got frozen off by gp.

Ellikopter Mon 13-May-19 20:07:50

Hi@Michellebops sorry I wasn't sure under which heading to put it under sad my gp has referred me to to get it checked out but obviously the "C" word always on mind with stuff like this sad

Michellebops Mon 13-May-19 20:27:08

@Ellikopter I understand. I only mentioned it as you might want it moved where you're likely to get more replies.

I'm sure it will all be fine and good luck with the baby. ❤️

Chefwifelife Mon 13-May-19 20:55:57

OP yes to this! My moles and a few tiny skin tags I had went mental when I was pregnant. One just above my public symphysis went crazy and I hated it. Straight after I had my son it went completely back to normal. X

Baloonphobia Mon 13-May-19 20:57:58

I got a fair few on my neck during pregnancy. Never any other time.

Ihaventgottimeforthis Mon 13-May-19 20:58:57

Yep I have a raised mole thing that grew massively, to the extent it was like Chandler's third nipple. I was dead set on getting it removed, but after pregnancy it shrank back to its normal size so I haven't bothered :-)

PotteringAlong Mon 13-May-19 21:00:08

I had a skin tag on my eye that appeared in all 3 of my pregnancies and disappeared within a few days of giving birth!

Nicecupofcoco Mon 13-May-19 21:01:17

Got loads during pregnancy, think it's very common op. Right to check with midwife or gp if your concerned though.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »